Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Abuse from ebay seller

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• HattigolHattigol Frets: 8190
    I wouldn’t want to get into an Ebay squabble with you Hatti. I reckon you’ve got staying power !
    I'm a pussycat really, Doc!

Hope you're well  =)
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hattigol said:
    I wouldn’t want to get into an Ebay squabble with you Hatti. I reckon you’ve got staying power !
    I'm a pussycat really, Doc!

Hope you're well  =)
    Good mate ta , first jog today since end of Feb and I’m still here.  Hope things are good with you too
  •  rossi said:
    I put an offer on a model train i wanted from a seller .certainly not came back the reply .The last one went for twice that .Fair enough .At the final second of the auction it went or for 20 quid less than my offer .The bidder was me ....it later happened again a week later .I really must stop buying toy trains and buy guitars instead .The trouble is a new  guitar is  like an invasion ,a toy train can be smuggled in ..he he .
    Definitely don’t want to know how you’re smuggling it in thanks. 
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • rossirossi Frets: 1707
    Dan_Halen said:
     rossi said:
    I put an offer on a model train i wanted from a seller .certainly not came back the reply .The last one went for twice that .Fair enough .At the final second of the auction it went or for 20 quid less than my offer .The bidder was me ....it later happened again a week later .I really must stop buying toy trains and buy guitars instead .The trouble is a new  guitar is  like an invasion ,a toy train can be smuggled in ..he he .
    Definitely don’t want to know how you’re smuggling it in thanks. 

in a guitar case
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2933
    I recently got a load of abuse on Gumtree for not selling a guitar for a derisory fee. Tried trading me his old Chapman ML1 (worth just over half what my strat is) telling me it's better than his US Strat and somebody offered him £400 for it...

I don't mind entertaining offers but don't give me the wheeler dealer nonsense!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16782
    I once had a guy tell me he would happily offer half what I had a guitar listed for, but he still wasn't sure it was right for him so he might need to send it back.

I'd let him talk me down by a significant chunk already, but politely told him to feck off at that point.

If a guitars not right, obviously I would accept a return... but don't tell me that's your plan on the way into a deal
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Hattigol said:
    Just had an offer on my CS Strat from the charming Essexrecordingstudio. To say it was derisory is an insult to the word derisory. It was automatically rejected.

It got me wondering whether he has auto-decline set up on his items. And guess what - he doesn't. 

So I've just offered him £30 on his Megadeth drumkit which he has up for £25k. Response awaited. I have said that I can collect. 

Not that it'd be funny if everyone did this, of course...
    The offer has expired and he didn't even acknowledge it. How shockingly rude.

Thinking of upping it to £40 but will mull it over...
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7373
    Hattigol said:
    Hattigol said:
    Just had an offer on my CS Strat from the charming Essexrecordingstudio. To say it was derisory is an insult to the word derisory. It was automatically rejected.

It got me wondering whether he has auto-decline set up on his items. And guess what - he doesn't. 

So I've just offered him £30 on his Megadeth drumkit which he has up for £25k. Response awaited. I have said that I can collect. 

Now you need to send him an abusive message telling him he's a loser and you've bought loads of Mega Dead drums at £30 and he's just got sour grapes cos you've got a supermodel wife.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    DefaultM said:
    Hattigol said:
    Hattigol said:

Now you need to send him an abusive message telling him he's a loser and you've bought loads of Mega Dead drums at £30 and he's just got sour grapes cos you've got a supermodel wife.
    And a Ferrari!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ask ERS whether he’ll ship the flightcased drum kit for £25.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Nick13Nick13 Frets: 734
    edited September 2020
    its no excuse for the name calling at all but I will say selling gear is an absolutely horrendous task at the moment.  You get lowballed consistently by people who seem to think they are doing you a favour by giving you well below your advertised prices and it doesnt matter how reasonable your prices are people always want more off.  I'm not suggesting you were lowballing either just trying to offer a different perspective.

If you are selling a reasonable amount of stuff the tyre kicking starts to get irritating so maybe he had just dealt with one too many idiots and unloaded on you.

Still, no need to get abusive as at the end of the day you are only limiting your own market!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RobertWRobertW Frets: 148
    Nick13 said:
    its no excuse for the name calling at all but I will say selling gear is an absolutely horrendous task at the moment.  You get lowballed consistently by people who seem to think they are doing you a favour by giving you well below your advertised prices and it doesnt matter how reasonable your prices are people always want more off.  

If the option for "make an offer" is open, I'll always make an offer lower than the asking price even if I'm willing to pay the asking price, I see having the make an offer button switched on as willingness by the seller to sell below the asking price, if you're not, that's fine, just don't turn on the option. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30317
    The world's full of horrible aggressive bastards.
    Always has been, always will be. Shrug it off, it's their problem.
    Last thing I'd do is buy anything from them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Nick13Nick13 Frets: 734
    edited September 2020
    RobertW said:
    Nick13 said:
    its no excuse for the name calling at all but I will say selling gear is an absolutely horrendous task at the moment.  You get lowballed consistently by people who seem to think they are doing you a favour by giving you well below your advertised prices and it doesnt matter how reasonable your prices are people always want more off.  

If the option for "make an offer" is open, I'll always make an offer lower than the asking price even if I'm willing to pay the asking price, I see having the make an offer button switched on as willingness by the seller to sell below the asking price, if you're not, that's fine, just don't turn on the option. 

Nothing wrong with sensible offers but getting inundated with crap is annoying.  last week I got offered 800 quid for a mesa mk v full size head and thats not out of the ordinary.  So that guy was afterva 50% discount on a head already being sold at a 50% discount of its new value.  Also you get people that repeatedly lowball you, potentially in an effort to wear you down.

And finally, my favourite, people that quibble over the likes of £50 on an item worth 1000s???
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6803
    It burns having your offer ignored. Don't decline them just let them expire, giving the offerator that slim needle of hope only for it to be dashed. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom