PHOTO COMPETITION — COMMENTS THREAD

What's Hot

Comments

• Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2430
    And now @Fretwired's entry has vanished. Looks like someone is killing off the competition :o
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4536
    Jimbro66 said:
    And now @Fretwired's entry has vanished. Looks like someone is killing off the competition :o
    Showing for me.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• I can see @Fretwired's entry but @shrews' is showing an error message for me now
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

edited March 2021
    Jimbro66 said:
    And now @Fretwired's entry has vanished. Looks like someone is killing off the competition o
    Back again! Very strange, but good to see it again..
  • I can see @shrews’s again, but now it has a “picture not found” placeholder below it.

Voting is now open in the competition thread, everyone :)

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• ShrewsShrews Frets: 3010
    @skullfunkerry ;

It got wiped off Imgur (and other pics) so uploaded it again. Not sure if I was hacked but changed my password just in case. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4704

Doh, missed this months, thought I had another day, but was struggling for time and inspiration anyway.

Took this the other day, the first spring flower in the garden, may have posted it but was waiting for better before time ran out.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• Doh, missed this months, thought I had another day, but was struggling for time and inspiration anyway.

Took this the other day, the first spring flower in the garden, may have posted it but was waiting for better before time ran out.

D'oh, that's a shame! Nice photo though :)

• Winner has just been announced in the competition thread :)

Congrats @Fretwired! A well deserved win.

I look forward to each entry as they are posted. @skullfunkerry if we had a light fitting like that our dog would endlessly bark at it thinking it's some sort of scary giant spider :D 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SPECTRUM001SPECTRUM001 Frets: 1561
    Jimbro66 said:

I look forward to each entry as they are posted. @skullfunkerry if we had a light fitting like that our dog would endlessly bark at it thinking it's some sort of scary giant spider :D 

I find it freakingly hypnotic !
  • Jimbro66 said:

I find it freakingly hypnotic !

It was only cheap, my wife got it online somewhere - it literally just turned up like a ball of tangled cables. I have quite often thought about a spider that big on the ceiling, and whether I'd die of a heart attack or just shit myself to death :lol:

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    New challenge set.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 3010
    edited April 2021
    Not strictly my home, but my home for three months of the year, and a plan to emigrate 'to be with my girl' at some point in 2021/2022. Much depends on how quickly I can pick up Russian, currently studying in the region of 4 hours a day but can't say it's going well!

This is wonderful Grodno (Hrodna). Those grey relics to the Soviet era look damn awful, but those apartments are lovely inside and virtually no crime with friendly peoples who just want a simple life. 

Not everyone would choose it but I love it!

Well done @Fretwired on last month's win!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Shrews said:
    Not strictly my home, but my home for three months of the year, and a plan to emigrate 'to be with my girl' at some point in 2021/2022. Much depends on how quickly I can pick up Russian, currently studying in the region of 4 hours a day but can't say it's going well!

This is wonderful Grodno (Hrodna). Those grey relics to the Soviet era look damn awful, but those apartments are lovely inside and virtually no crime with friendly peoples who just want a simple life. 

Thanks. Love your pic - a great shot with lots of atmosphere.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Shrews said:

I bought a book on Kickstarter last year called "Soviet Cities" and your shot is very reminiscent of some of the photos in there. I love it too - like Fretwired said, great atmosphere :)

• Loving your entry @M1ck - what's the building? :)

• M1ckM1ck Frets: 231
    edited April 2021
    Loving your entry @M1ck - what's the building?
    @skullfunkerry cheers  it’s part of our local swimming pool/gym 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SPECTRUM001SPECTRUM001 Frets: 1561
    I have struggled this month, so gone for something a lot more trad - not half as exciting as the modernity up already, nevertheless a certain charm...
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1842
    Hi Spectrum, I look at your photo and all I can imagine is the house on the left saying “What the hell was I drinking last night...?”