Comments

• M1ckM1ck Frets: 231
    edited May 2021
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2021
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4176
    Afternoon everyone. New competition thread is up :)
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12382
    Woo hoo! I got a nice shot today that should fit the bill for this month. 
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2430
    That's an excellent submission from @Shrews to kick off this month's comp. It's gonna be a tough one!  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27091
    I may have to sit this one out. Not much British wildlife in the desert...!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2430
    Surely an exemption can be given to members living abroad so that they can enter pics of wildlife in their homeland?

I felt bad enough when I set the subject of rain when there is very little in the desert :(
    Jimbro66 said:
    Surely an exemption can be given to members living abroad so that they can enter pics of wildlife in their homeland?

I felt bad enough when I set the subject of rain when there is very little in the desert :(
    Yep, I forgot that some of us live abroad. Any wildlife that isn’t a pet is fine with me :)

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Apologies for missing last months entry and voting (I set the task) but I was looking after my mum who now has dementia.

I bet there will be a lot of squirrels this month ... my garden and local woods are overrun with them. My pic was shot in the woods with a squirrel staring at me, although due to the placement of the eyes you can't be sure what he is looking at ..

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27091
    Hehe, in that case I will have a look through the Kenya pics

Most of our local wildlife is stray cats...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    edited May 2021
    Fretwired said:
    Apologies for missing last months entry and voting (I set the task) but I was looking after my mum who now has dementia.

I bet there will be a lot of squirrels this month ... my garden and local woods are overrun with them. My pic was shot in the woods with a squirrel staring at me, although due to the placement of the eyes you can't be sure what he is looking at ..
    No need to apologise dude. Sorry to hear about your mum, that's a tough one. Have you got support around you?

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Fretwired said:

No need to apologise dude. Sorry to hear about your mum, that's a tough one. Have you got support around you?

Thanks.

The NHS has been great - I have arranged for a private care company to support her during the day so I can work. The problem is at night - she does some crazy things. She is being evaluated .. I won't bore people as this is a photography thread.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    Fretwired said:
    Fretwired said:

Thanks.

The NHS has been great - I have arranged for a private care company to support her during the day so I can work. The problem is at night - she does some crazy things. She is being evaluated .. I won't bore people as this is a photography thread.
    Got some stuff going on a bit like that with a grandparent at the moment. Feel free to drop me a DM if you need a rant or anything, dude

Once again this month I was torn over what to post. I had a walk around an abandoned mill at the weekend (there’s some very cool graffiti there), and I saw a couple of ladybirds. Of the three shots I got, I like these two, but I decided to go with the one I entered because I thought it was something different.

Then I had some shots from earlier - I decided that I’m going to try and get out to take a photo specifically for the competition each month, but these were my backups in case I couldn’t find anything. A damselfly from Hever Castle last summer, and a fieldfare from a flock that descended on my garden one day in January...

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    It's fairly quiet in the competition thread this month... just a little reminder that there's one more week to enter a photo for the May theme :)

• cj73cj73 Frets: 1003
    I've got one from last year that I really like and fits the bill, then got a few at the the weekend....ponderment continues. 
  • SPECTRUM001SPECTRUM001 Frets: 1561
    I am really struggling this month.

I do have one shot I took earlier this week, which might just qualify for the worst pic ever to be submitted in the history of the competition.

Might at least get a LOL !
    I am really struggling this month.

I do have one shot I took earlier this week, which might just qualify for the worst pic ever to be submitted in the history of the competition.

Might at least get a LOL !
    Well based on that I really want to see it now! :)

• SPECTRUM001SPECTRUM001 Frets: 1561
    There you go - the iPhone just couldn't focus that close up.

At the least I am sticking to my minimalist sensibilities..
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom