PHOTO COMPETITION — COMMENTS THREAD

What's Hot

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12365
    Shrews said:
    Streetlights though a spiders web?
    Looks a wee bit too regular for that. I’m going with a blurry fretboard too. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7484
    Good guess - I actually only processed it because there was a guitar fretboard vibe about it.

It's my bathroom tiles. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JayceeJaycee Frets: 307
    I can see some decent photos coming this month
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2430
    edited March 6
    boogieman said:
    Jimbro66 said:
    Maybe it's just my mobile but I can't actually see a theme for March in the new comp thread.
    It’s in the header. “On reflection” in case you still can’t see it.  
    Well, that's really weird. I can't see a header at all for this month's comp and not even for last month's, even though that was visible in Feb. It must be to do with being abroad and using roaming data.

Anyway, thanks for letting me know what the subject is
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4172
    Jimbro66 said:
    boogieman said:
    Jimbro66 said:
    Maybe it's just my mobile but I can't actually see a theme for March in the new comp thread.
    It’s in the header. “On reflection” in case you still can’t see it.  
    Well, that's really weird. I can't see a header at all for this month's comp and not even for last month's, even though that was visible in Feb. It must be to do with being abroad and using roaming data.

Anyway, thanks for letting me know what the subject is
    I've started attaching the images directly to the post instead of hosting them on Imgur, but I don't know why that would stop you seeing them while roaming.
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

edited March 6
    I can see the submitted entries*, just not the usual header with the comp subject and submission deadline, etc. No probs.

* Except @lovestrat74's entry, which is blank on my screen.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12365
    Jimbro66 said:
    I can see the submitted entries*, just not the usual header with the comp subject and submission deadline, etc. No probs.

Both the header and lovestrats pic come up as downloads rather than links if I click on them, so it could be the host sites just don’t work or are blocked where you are. 
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2526
    Jimbro66 said:

My image is via the FB member channel (or whatever it is called) uploaded directly from my phone
    I had some ideas for this month but none of them worked out, so I've gone with a photo of one of the airship sheds at Cardington. You can't really grasp how big they are until you see them. Here's another shot, with my car parked in front for scale :)

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

DSCF6879.jpeg 406.5K
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • westfordwestford Frets: 580
    The label that's partly cropped out of my photo reads:

Eve after the Fall
    Modelled in clay by Auguste Rodin, 1883
    Cast in bronze, before 1921

This is not simply a smaller version of the life-sized Eve nearby. Rodin wanted a smoother finish, so he worked the clay carefully, creating a more refined and appealingly perfect Eve.
    I was in Newcastle last night, there were some great reflections along the river... might be changing my entry when I get home this evening!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    So I decided not to change my entry. However, this post is more of a reminder that if you're intending to enter this month's competition, you only have one day left :)

edited March 21
    I snuck one in at the last moment. Not the image I'd preferred to submit but I found that Flikr and iPads can be a very frustrating combination.

BTW The comp images I was not able to see on my Android mobile do show on the iPad, even though the iPad is using the mobile as a hotspot. Go figure.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Jimbro66 said:
    I snuck one in at the last moment. Not the image I'd preferred to submit but I found that Flikr and iPads can be a very frustrating combination.

BTW The comp images I was not able to see on my Android mobile do show on the iPad, even though the iPad is using the mobile as a hotspot. Go figure.
    How weird. Is it just the ones that are hosted directly on here which you can't see?

Jimbro66 said:

How weird. Is it just the ones that are hosted directly on here which you can't see?
    I believe it is. It's the thread starter image with comp details, @lovestrat74's entry and your own entry Kerry. Heaven knows why my mobile won't display them, but fortunately my iPad does.
    If you want to vote in this month's competition, you've only got a few hours left to do it!

And if you want to know who this month's winner is, it's just been announced over in the competition thread :)

Thanks to everyone who took part. I know I say it every month, but I really do mean it.

edited April 2

• robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3453
    Do the photo's have to be recent? I'm just not getting any camera time at the moment.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    robgilmo said:
    Do the photo's have to be recent? I'm just not getting any camera time at the moment.
    In theory they have to be taken within the last year... I'm not checking metadata or anything like that though; it's just intended to be a bit of fun, there's no prize or anything.