Faber Hardware - Feline Guitars are now stocking it.

What's Hot
FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11966
edited January 2022 in Guitar tFB Trader
Some of you may have already used Faber hardware and maybe even bought it via our friend @streethawk from this forum. Seems that Streethawk has had to put some of his Amber Guitar activities on hiatus while dealing with some important family matters.

With this in mind and also because we needed some parts for a couple of our customers I took the decision to start stocking their parts at Feline guitars.
They do a range of rather nice aged parts and some very interesting conversion posts that enable you to use vintage Gibson ABR1 style bridges where a more modern part had been used before.
Give us a call if you want anything from Faber - we will try to get it listed on our website shop as soon as we can 

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15382
    tFB Trader
    Thanks for that Jon - I'll take this into account as and when I require or customers require some - thanks
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3362
    tFB Trader
    That's nice to know, I like that wraparound bridge
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28681
    edited November 2019
    Excellent news. Best Gibson-flavoured hardware out there imo. Their machineheads are really nice too
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • sawyersawyer Frets: 733
    Excellent hardware. I have a nickel plated wraparound on my junior and I love it!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 7226
    Very good news.

I always get a bit confused with to order when I look at their site. I have a 2014 LP Standard and at some point I'd like to replace the bridge/stop piece/posts assembly with faber aged bits but don't want to drill in or out new bits.

What would be the drop-in no mod replacements?  

It would be fab if someone bundled up the 'all you need' package to do this. #hinthint

My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1362
    @soma1975 ;

If your guitar has Nashville hardware, you should be able to replace it with Faber's iNsert kit, ABRN bridge, Tone-lock kit, and TP-59 tailpiece.
    DOES my guitar have Nashville hardware? And does everything you listed above fit it without me having to do anything drilly?

Thanks. 

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1362
    In theory, yes - but you need to confirm that to your own satisfaction.  I've seen mention where some people say they have to deepen the bridge post holes very slightly so the iNsert kit posts go in all the way and sit flush with the body.  A couple of turns with just a regular screwdriver apparently does the trick.
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11966
    tFB Trader
    soma1975 said:
    DOES my guitar have Nashville hardware? And does everything you listed above fit it without me having to do anything drilly?

Thanks. 
    I would NEVER assume that no work will have to be done with hardware. At best it may be minimal.
    As I get more first hand experience with the Faber stuff I will be better able to advise

Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

Thanks fella. 

• Good news - really like the faber stuff, used it to convert my SG to nickel + ABR instead of Nashville (with their conversion posts). Their lightweight locking tailpiece is great too, no more sliding stop bar when changing strings...

It's all aged pretty gracefully too.
    Click here to see me butchering some classic solos!
    tFB Trader
    Yes - between the TonePros and faber, some Schaller and Gotoh, and our own FatCat Guitar hardware we will have a nice selection to offer.

tFB Trader
    We have created our own packaging for the Faber stuff now

1reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3042
    That’s a really nice detail touch Jonathan 
    tFB Trader

Spent a Saturday night getting things packaged up - here are some of the various adaptor kits that let you put an ABR type bridge on almost any guitar with different size mountings.

• brucegillbrucegill Frets: 729
    edited March 2020
    Yes - between the TonePros and faber, some Schaller and Gotoh, and our own FatCat Guitar hardware we will have a nice selection to offer.
    What’s the difference between a tonePro and a Faber wraparound bridge then? (Last picture in your OP) They look identical? (Though I cant see if they do the locking bridge pins like tonePro 
    tFB Trader
    The Faber one is just a nice lightweight aluminium stop tail. They also sell 2 methods for clamping down or locking it tight, and it works as well if not better than the grubscrews only variety of Tonepros, and maybe on a par with the TonePros locking studs

Here are the Faber options for locking down the tailpiece

vs the Tone Pros locking studs

All of which are slightly superior in my opinion to the grub screw version (which is still good)

We keep ALL of them in stock, and we only stock stuff that we believe in being good stuff.

tFB Trader
    Oh - just realised that you probably meant the intonatable version of the wraparound.
    They are very very similar and possibly both come from the same source (bearing in mind that both my use external manufacturers  for some parts) . 
    Note that Faber offer what seems to be the TonePros Kluson tuners which you sadly can't get anymore and that is great news as the TP Klusons were great replacements for Gibson style guitars

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • brucegillbrucegill Frets: 729
    Oh - just realised that you probably meant the intonatable version of the wraparound.
    They are very very similar and possibly both come from the same source (bearing in mind that both my use external manufacturers  for some parts) . 
    Note that Faber offer what seems to be the TonePros Kluson tuners which you sadly can't get anymore and that is great news as the TP Klusons were great replacements for Gibson style guitars

Many thanks! Will keep you in mind as might need another tonePro intonatable wraparound soon. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25052
    That's interesting - I was assuming the Fabers were the same as the Gibson Deluxe tuners.  The TonePros Klusons were very good.