Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What's the worst film you ever paid to see at the cinema, and did you walk out?

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28356
Worst film I ever saw was The Humanoid starring Richard Kiel. Saw it on release with my Bro back in 1979. That Richard was the 'star' should have warned me! It was Sci-fi tosh thrown together on the back of Star Wars. Scores an amazing 3.9 on IMDB.

We didn't walk out though, even though it was fully deserving. Once they have my money I'm staying put however bad the film is. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1406
    Joker. saw it through to the end, but never have i felt more talked-down-to by an idiotic MOVIE that has the gall to be so naval-gazily self-important. 
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8601
    The Swarm(1978) starring Michael Caine. Even as a 10 year old I new it was shit.

In the intervening years it may have garnered a so shit it's good cult status...

Or maybe not. 
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4425
    Stepping Out. 

Starring Liza Minnelli and Julie Walters. 

It was about a dance school school if I remember right. It came out in 91 so I must have been 13. 

It was really shit.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73461
    Inspector Gadget, with Matthew Broderick.

I took my then-young niece and nephew to see it... we didn't walk out because I had no idea how little they were enjoying it, but they were uncharacteristically quiet in the car on the way home and said nothing about it at all. Later found out they thought it was dreadful too. To this day it remains the worst film I've ever seen all the way through.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24104
    I don't know, I've seen a lot of films.... there was a horror/science fiction effort called The Tesseract, with Jonathan Rhys Meyers, that was the most boring, irritating thing... in my head I was screaming please make it stop, but I didn't actually walk out.  I don't think I've ever walked out of a film, except maybe a Surprise Film at the London Film Festival.

Incidentally, I liked The Humanoid.  We saw it on holiday, I think it was in Ross On Wye.
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6215
    Walked out of Bladerunner 2049, although I subsequently bought it on Blu Ray and have watched it a couple of times. Works better at home; it's so slow that the ability to pause it and get sustenance is very helpful.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • phil_bphil_b Frets: 2011
    parenthood  staring Steve Martin
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9904
    I walked out of Interstellar.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11481
    Eragon.

We were catching a midnight bus somewhere in Chile, had checked out of our hotel and this was the only film with Spanish subtitles, leaving the English dialogue intact, to while away the hours until the bus left.

It started off crap, then I nodded off for an hour and it finsihed off crap.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14897
    axisus said:
    did you walk out?
    Whatever happened to the fine British tradition of slashing the seats?
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I paid good money to see The Force Awakens. Dear me.

But I didn't walk out, nor did I wreck the place in a Kylo Ren teenage hissy fit (the only good bit in the film).
    I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7290
    did walk out of one of the resident evil films, that's the only one I think I ever quit on halfway through, it probably wasn't that bad but I was on a date and the film was boring and she and I were both very horny
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Not sure I’ve ever walked out of the cinema. I have a particular unhappy memory of Kentucky Fried Movie but it was a long time ago. Madagascar was fairly terrible, it’s a very dull film with a couple of okay sequences. 
    I have gone from the theatre a coupe of times at intermission and not come back. Some terrible am dram panto and Casanova’s Last Stand with Robin Askwith. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Phantom of the Opera. Not just the worst film of all time, but the worst anything of any kind. Beyond dreadful. 

I didn't walk out, was with the girl of my dreams. 

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 32171
    Not a film, but I walked out of Othello at the RSC in Stratford once. 

Donald Sinden in boot polish was the biggest load of old ham I've ever seen. 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5060
    The Exorcist and yes I did walk out.  
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Spawn. We only went because we were bored, but after about an hour we decided that we were less bored at home and left.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. Great book but boy did it make for one of the most boring films despite the great actors.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    I signed up for 'First & Free' cinema releases a few years ago and dispute not having to pay I still felt robbed having to sit through Julie & Julia. 

Had we not been at the end of the isle against a wall we would have walked out within 20 minutes. Unfortunately we didn't and it somehow got even worse. 

Absolutely. Awful. Film. 
  • Safe House (Denzel Washington and someone else...maybe Ryan Reynolds). Left about 15 minutes in