Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

2020 Guitar Goals

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27702
    Middle size changes afoot, gear wise. I’m selling at least 1 guitar, 1 amp and about 10 pedals, then grab a couple of new pedals and a couple of smaller pedalboards, and build the Jaguar I’ve had in my head for years. 

Playing wise, I just want to play more, and more new things, more than anything. I’d like to get a bit more focused on shoegazey Explosions in the Sky-y stuff, and concentrate on getting a bit better on slide. And get my head around at least one new open tuning.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12337
    No GAS for 12 months! 
    I'm thinking this might need to be a rule for me as well.

...unless I can get my hands on one of those Cort Matt Bellamy sigs, they really need to do another run of those.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Learn/play the solo of round and round by RATT passably/reasonably
  • I'm going to be getting used to playing standing up again, hopefully doing a few gigs, and after a silly run of buying & selling last year I'm going to try & go the whole year with the guitars I have now. Only exception to that might be a Solar superstrat, but I won't be buying it: it'll come from a friend of mine who owes me some money & is paying it off with a guitar 
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• robertyroberty Frets: 10915
    Learn/play the solo of round and round by RATT passably/reasonably
    PM me for a transcription if you like. I have one somewhere
  • roberty said:
    Thank’s that is so generous. I am using a version on Songsterr and ultimate guitar. I think the main thing for me will be getting the speed up once I learn it and that stretch for the pull offs from 20th fret to the 13th.    Thanks again though  it is heartwarming to start the new year off with a kind offer. 

• I'm going to be getting used to playing standing up again, hopefully doing a few gigs, and after a silly run of buying & selling last year I'm going to try & go the whole year with the guitars I have now. Only exception to that might be a Solar superstrat, but I won't be buying it: it'll come from a friend of mine who owes me some money & is paying it off with a guitar 
    Here here. I’ve not played out since about last April/may and have got used to sitting hunched over lol.  The RATT solo I mention above ,that part with the humongous stretch is actually a bit easier standing up and tilting the headstock skyward  so I think this year as I’m playing strat and super strat type guitars instead of a les Paul I may notch the strap to hang a bit higher.

the solar super strat sounds awesome I will look it up, I saw someone else mention one and thought it was referring to the Washburn , which I have seen with a Stevens extended cutaway 
  • Wow I just checked the solar :O  the A2 wow 
  • for me to learn how to improvise on the guitar is my ultimate wish but i have a hell of a challenge as i am both rubbish and don't understand music theory (after 15 plus years of trying to play guitar).
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

• HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8040

My playing is shit, but I just want more guitars. :)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Cool isn't it? I want this one:

:)

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    Get a bit more consistent with playing, maybe try to record something. Use guitar playing to use up dead time in the evenings.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 918
    Lots of new songs to learn - both bands are fairly busy this year. Always hoping to improve technique and theory. Maybe write some original stuff and do some recording.

Clear out the parts drawer and maybe sell a few other bits and pieces that I don't use very much. Decorate the man cave and sort out more shelving in the store room.
  • Just taken a step towards achieving one of my goals: fitted a new push-in arm to the Jackson (I did do this before, but it was only a temporary borrow from my Performance).

Main reason I'm posting this is so that I can give a shoutout to Jon at @FelineGuitars for (as per usual) excellent service. I ordered the arm on Friday, and it arrived today. Perfect!

...and for anyone thinking about upgrading a Floyd Rose, I can't recommend the push in arms highly enough: they totally transform the feel of the trem, and it took me about 2 minutes to fit, using an allen key and an adjustable spanner.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

That is so freakin awesome , love it.  I wonder how I’d get on without the dots  but it has side markers so shouldn’t  be a problem. You know what I mean though after being used to them, I bet you would soon get used to it though
  • Just taken a step towards achieving one of my goals: fitted a new push-in arm to the Jackson (I did do this before, but it was only a temporary borrow from my Performance).

Main reason I'm posting this is so that I can give a shoutout to Jon at @FelineGuitars for (as per usual) excellent service. I ordered the arm on Friday, and it arrived today. Perfect!

...and for anyone thinking about upgrading a Floyd Rose, I can't recommend the push in arms highly enough: they totally transform the feel of the trem, and it took me about 2 minutes to fit, using an allen key and an adjustable spanner.
    Thanks for that it’s quite useful for us other jackson owners 
  • I have started trying to figure out a solo by ear. Got the first few notes  and an idea of how most of it goes. It may be using wrong techniques in places  and in different places on the neck to the original  but I’m hoping that melody/tone wise it will sound similar plus it’s my first serious attempt to try and outline what I think it sounds like.  Plus it’s much simpler than the round and round one by ratt lol
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10915
    roberty said:
    Thank’s that is so generous. I am using a version on Songsterr and ultimate guitar. I think the main thing for me will be getting the speed up once I learn it and that stretch for the pull offs from 20th fret to the 13th.    Thanks again though  it is heartwarming to start the new year off with a kind offer. 
    No worries. Yeah that stretch is ridiculous

That is so freakin awesome , love it.  I wonder how I’d get on without the dots  but it has side markers so shouldn’t  be a problem. You know what I mean though after being used to them, I bet you would soon get used to it though

I think you'd be okay... especially when you're standing up, it's not so easy to see the fretboard itself