Overland Express Guitar courier service

What's Hot

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17608
    tFB Trader
    I used them to send a guitar a couple of weeks ago and was all OK.

Using them to send a bass tomorrow.

Seem to use APC.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3321
    I’ve used then no bother. They do have two identical pages , one link is normal freight the other is musical instruments. I found it easy to use and a good service. 
  • riverciderrivercider Frets: 461
    I used them to send an American Elite tele a week or two ago, no problem at all.
    Using them again this week to send a 335.
    Seem the best option currently, fingers crossed I  dont have cause to use that insurance.  :)

Andy  
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4787
    Can't wait Andy!! I agree, overall the best service and fully insured for a good price. With regards quotes it's pretty easy to add on £10+VAT for £1k and £20+VAT for £2k without going through the whole process as the insurance is a flat rate. 

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2695
    Excellent prices and service. 
  • imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3748
    edited July 2020
    I used them for a reasonably expensive guitar in a case wrapped in bin-liners (their advice).  And it arrived with no issues.

Also sent one in a proper box!
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
  • i_b_tullochi_b_tulloch Frets: 105
    I just tried Overland and I was quoted £30+VAT per £1k using DHL. Not sure where the £10 per £1k comes from. Interparcel was cheaper and offered more couriers.
    My Trading Feedback Link is here i_b_tulloch

• andypandyp Frets: 332
    I just used these guys and UPS and it was flawless. Highly recommended.

I totally agree with the comment above about not getting the final cost until you have completed all the details though. But it wasn’t a big deal so no real complaint.

The insurance was £20+VAT and the cost didn’t change until over £2000 value - I selected £500 but they gave me the £2000 cover anyway as it was the same price.
  • danny_777danny_777 Frets: 660
    I just tried Overland and I was quoted £30+VAT per £1k using DHL. Not sure where the £10 per £1k comes from. Interparcel was cheaper and offered more couriers.
    DHL may be more expensive. Try some of the other courier options.
  • Rich31kRich31k Frets: 788
    I’ve used APC twice through overland. About £40 with £2k cover. 
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2430
    The £10 per £1k of cover only applies to APC quotes. The insurance rates of other couriers used by Overland Express are dearer.

I had an exchange of emails with Stuart asking why it was necessary to complete all sender and recipient details before being able to choose insurance cover and arrive at inclusive quotes. He told me they are soon to have the web site updated and would look at making it easier to get quotes including insurance on initial enquiry.
    edited July 2020
    That's on top of the cost of the shipping, that's where the £10+VAT comes from with APC, it's pretty clear in the posts. Good luck trying to claim on your insurance with any Interparcel deals, cheaper yes but the insurance doesn't cover instruments. You get what you pay for.

Boromedic said:
    Can't wait Andy!! I agree, overall the best service and fully insured for a good price. With regards quotes it's pretty easy to add on £10+VAT for £1k and £20+VAT for £2k without going through the whole process as the insurance is a flat rate. 
    No it isn't. The £10 rate is only for APC, not for their other couriers.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    edited July 2020
    I used them this week with UPS. Paid about £40 for adequate cover for loss and damage.

All good and look at terms and conditions for packing and their tips (hardcase etc)
    edited July 2020
    Jimbro66 said:
    Boromedic said:
    No it isn't. The £10 rate is only for APC, not for their other couriers.
    Yep, I was on about APC FFS, no shit Sherlock. It's next day in the UK and generally (Covid19 aside) a better service than DHL or UPS. Plus the insurance is at a better rate, hence why APC is the go to.

8-|
    Jimbro66 said:
    8-|
    Maybe if you'd read the post directly above yours it would have saved you commenting.....

• imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3748
    I wish the insurance was based on the value of the item.  I've had to pay an extra £10 to get £2,000 cover for a £1,400 guitar...£6 only, admittedly, but I'd rather it was in my pocket!
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
  • Wiggum32Wiggum32 Frets: 19
    Just used Overland Express to have an Epiphone Lucille delivered to me - absolutely spot on service and would thoroughly recommend them 
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    Used them recently with UPS and they were great