Overland Express Guitar courier service

What's Hot
123457»

Comments

• I used Overland Express to ship a guitar from the USA about a month ago with DHL Express.  Extremely quick and efficient.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MellishMellish Frets: 947
    I've always used APC. Must have used a dozen times, never an issue. If Stuart works with them, I'd. Use him. 
  • I've just sent a Custom Shop to Feline using Overland. APC 24hr, £15 and delivered as planned today. £2k insurance via Secursus was £16, part of their terms are the same,.no visible logos or descriptions on the box. I just taped the Fender logos up.

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• I keep forgetting about independent insurers, @Boromedic :(
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
  • I tried them before after they were mentioned and they were cheaper than Overland's own cover. So used them ever since, saved me a good £20 I think. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hi everyone, whether you use Secursus, or our insurance, the mention of covering up labels is really aimed at the cheaper carriers. If you are using DHL/UPS/APC, they can see from the shape of it, what it is, plus it is declared on the label. Unless it is an International delivery, the value is not shown on the parcel label. In 24 years of working with DHL, we have never had a parcel stolen. 
  • Mellish said:
    I've always used APC. Must have used a dozen times, never an issue. If Stuart works with them, I'd. Use him. 
    Hi Mellish, yes we use APC, DHL, UPS and Parcel Force.

• I am looking at posting a small Marshall dsl1 amp. Would this be covered with insurance if I booked it using overlands guitar service ?
  • If you pay to add insurance yes it would be, it would be cheaper to use Secursus as a third party though.

Make sure you pack it well, follow Secursus's guidelines, take the valves out and pack them seperately etc., should be fine :)

• Boromedic said:
    If you pay to add insurance yes it would be, it would be cheaper to use Secursus as a third party though.

Make sure you pack it well, follow Secursus's guidelines, take the valves out and pack them seperately etc., should be fine :)

Cheers.
  • Hi Boromedic, sorry for the late reply. Yes they are covered by insurance, just take the valves out and pack seperately as drphibes suggest.

• BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4842
    Hi Boromedic, sorry for the late reply. Yes they are covered by insurance, just take the valves out and pack seperately as drphibes suggest.

Other way around, but cheers!! ;)