Overland Express Guitar courier service

What's Hot

Comments

• hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4147
    I wish there was a way to see how much the insurance costs without having to fill in all the details first. Any hints? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • andypandyp Frets: 332
    It was £20 for up to £2000 cover with UPS. Above that though, I’m not sure.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • steveledzepsteveledzep Frets: 1174
    andyp said:
    It was £20 for up to £2000 cover with UPS. Above that though, I’m not sure.
    That's very helpful. Thanks.
  • imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3745
    I wish there was a way to see how much the insurance costs without having to fill in all the details first. Any hints? 
    £10 per £1,000 compo 
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
  • These guys still any good? Have a Les Paul Custom to ship next week
  • These guys still any good? Have a Les Paul Custom to ship next week
    @Fortheloveofguitar Used them numerous times. Zero complaints. Have shipped without a guitar box, case only.  

My band, Red For Dissent
  • Rich31kRich31k Frets: 788
    Same here. Sent and received maybe five or six guitars via their APC service. Last one I received from @StruanRobertson, was a hard case well packed in bubble wrap. It arrived without problems.
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4778
    No hesitation in recommending APC via Overland. Used them exclusively to ship 3 or 4 guitars, including some pricey ones. 

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• Thanks guys sounds promising. Just booked a Monday collection via APC with insurance 
  • Good morning everyone and thank you all for your kind comments. We have a new site coming in the next week or so, where the insurance will be cheaper, at 2% of the value, rather than 3%. It covers loss or damage, not get out clauses. Only requirement is that it is in a hard case.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • I’ll vouch for @stuartm1962 and his efforts to wrangle with couriers and insurers! Unhappy to have a damaged item but to have direct contact  and good comms has led me to recommend them numerous times. 

My band, Red For Dissent
  • Forgot to say, you will see the insurance amount on the first page, rather than when you get to the checkout. Please comment if there is anything else that you would like us to add, we try to make the process as simple as possible for you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BM for upcoming sales. 
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3321
    Used these guys a few times personally and I’ve got one coming (hopefully)tomorrow after a little snafu but they sent email updates and you can speak to a person on the phone when needed.  so far can recommend them. 
  • I used them recently for a heavy amp head and all went well. I’ll use them again, that’s for sure.
    Used five or six times. No problems and helpful when needed
  • JiJoeJiJoe Frets: 6
    Used APC twice through OE - first time - great, no problems. Second time - absolute nightmare. Next day service plus insurance. Dropped the parcel off at the APC depot on a Friday - driver turned up at my house on Monday morning to pick up!!! Alarm bells ringing. Consignment tracking number - doesn't work on their tracking site. Tracking doesn't actually turn up until just before the parcel arrives - which is pretty useless at best.

Package was due for delivery on Tuesday - nothing. Called/emailed etc - apparently 'out for delivery' - still nothing on Wednesday.

Eventually spoke to the 'delivery depot' - told me I need to call the sending depot?????

Eventually spoke to APC themselves - rather than the depot's who are actually just agents - not APC Ltd - trying to get you off their phone line anyway they can. APC 'looking into it' - parcel apparently due to be delivered now on Thursday. 2 days late!
    We'll see what happens.

Lots of messing around trying to organise etc. Absolute farce of a service. Tim and Stuart are nice enough guys - not too chuffed to be told it was out for delivery - when it patently wasn't. But there you go. Depot - no apology. APC - no response so far. Looked up the Google rating for the delivery depot agency - ratings are rock bottom, many customer complaints and looks like a shoddy outfit to be frank. I doubt I'd use it again - I may have saved five quid or so - but nothing but pain. 
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4778
    edited March 2021
    Well to counter your experience, I've used APC via Overland 5 times and had one returned to me by Feline by the same service and it's been fine each time. 

Can I ask why did you drop it at a depot, it's a collection service isn't it. Perhaps that's why your second attempt didn't go so well? 

Conversely I've used a number of other parcel services and had issues at times. At least you're properly insured as well with Overland unlike say UPS or Parcel Force who will lie and tell you it is. 

YMMV and all that.

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 2021
    Edit: realised I only posted about OE a couple above this. Don’t need to say the same again!
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3290
    tFB Trader
    I've just used overland to ship a guitar to Cornwall without problems, quite impressed tbh

Got another going to Northern Ireland today

I particularly like the way you do the insurance, it's easy even for me

www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom