Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Stupid things you've been asked when selling a guitar

What's Hot
12346»

Comments

• KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1556
    The serial number is easily explained, at least for some guitars. I've been on the lookout for a while for a Classic Player Strat, and seen quite a few for sale as such, but on closer inspection they didnt look right - a serial number check confirms whether a Classid, or a Classic Player. Not a huge difference, but enough to warrant checking.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
    Kalimna said:
    The serial number is easily explained, at least for some guitars. I've been on the lookout for a while for a Classic Player Strat, and seen quite a few for sale as such, but on closer inspection they didnt look right - a serial number check confirms whether a Classid, or a Classic Player. Not a huge difference, but enough to warrant checking.

Yes - to be fair, I didn't really count a request for a serial number to be a weird one. It was just that the chap had insisted that he would only bid after he'd received it, and then didn't bid because it was out of his price range anyway - that was the bit that I thought was weird.
    Call me Dave.
  • SamgbSamgb Frets: 774
    Stevepage said:
    Being asked if I would drop my price and deliver personally over 100 miles away for free. 
    I get this a lot. I live maybe an hour and 15 minutes from Vancouver, but i only ever advertise pedals and gear locally and there is a pretty healthy local market for it. I was trying to get a trade going - my Jag for a Tele or the money to buy a tele. Had several messages from downtown or further even expecting me to bring it to their door.

One guy was lowballing me by $150 to $200. He said that was the going rate. 5 minutes on Reverb and a screenshot disavowed him of that notion. When i explained that i couldn't go lower as if i sold i needed the money to get the tele i wanted, he said he would pay full price but i had to deliver. He seemed peeved when i said i wasn't keen on spending a tank of gas ($60-70) which left me out of pocket again. You know, if he had offered to meet half way i would have done it but that is just a pisstake. I wouldn't dream of expecting delivery if it wasn't offered. Especially miles out of the way. Really boils my urine.
    It's worse when they don't tell you how far away they are up front. 6-7 messages in i am thinking 'sweet, sold it!' and then the twat mentions being 2 hours' drive away. 

Anyway, i have started to really like the Jag so i am like sooo over selling it.