Favourite Guitar and Amp tone...

What's Hot

Comments

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12586
    As much as I'm a single coil fender chap, my 335ish guitar with seymour duncan vintage blues HBs straight into my tweed champ is a match made in heaven.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • rossirossi Frets: 1713
    While I am  aware its not exactly  valve heaven I like all my guitars played through my Fender Champion 40 and also my  DV Little jazz  with a Joyo American sound pedal .My Midtown adores the tiny Blackstar Fly with all the knobs turned up  .
    .I use my Guitars at blues jams and they sound good through their  Blackstar .Not sure what model but it sure rocks.
      re  Westminsters .I had one in early 60's and it certainly sounded very good when my hofner Club 60 was plugged in .Loud enough  on stage for the local vicars ,mum and scout leaders to tell me to turn it down .
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19392
    Mine is the one that only another purchase can help me achieve.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2250
    Gibson (type) guitars through Fender (type) amps  generally. 

Never could jive with marshalls.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ExorcistExorcist Frets: 666
    Mine was the neck pickup of an old solid Koa USA BC Rich, through a homemade Russian Muff, into a Laney AOR 100, clean channel cranked and gain down low. In 30 something years of playing, that was the OMG moment.
  • Les Paul through Marshall. Or 6505+
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5787
    Anything through a Fender Bassman reissue - never had the privilege of playing through an original.

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

• HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9829
    edited February 2020
    Currently my American Std Tele through a Blackstar Studio 10 6L6. Any of my other guitars through the same amp are pretty good. Tele through a different amp is OK. But the two together just complement each other perfectly 
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    edited February 2020
    Original ‘59 Bassman. Run whatever you like through it. That amp will be waiting for us on the other side 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Dan_HalenDan_Halen Frets: 1655
    Graham Coxon's tone on Standing On My Own Again. The crangy, chimey, punchy chords on the intro totally float my boat. 

Not sure what he's actually using but assume it's a Tele into a Superlead or something, maybe boosted. Happy for someone who might know to furnish me with more info. Would love to get that sound without having to buy a 100 watt Marshall and 4x12 and crank it in the flat. Not sure jet engine type volumes are the way forwards down the Dog and Duck on a Friday night gig.
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 957
    Tenebrous said:
    Tele neck pick-up through anything Fendery.

Yup, I said neck pick-up. Sue me.
    You are of course entirely correct. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4262
    edited February 2020
    Orange Dark Terror, gain at 2 o'clock, shape just a hair past 12 o'clock. EMG81 in the bridge of a guitar tuned to drop C... big dirty power chord... oooh... love 
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    At the moment it's Les Paul in the middle position, Neck and Bridge volume rolled down to 7-8ish into a Morgan AC20 profile on the Kemper. It sounds incredible.
  • rossirossi Frets: 1713
    Another  tele neck saga .Fender Telecaster (Baja neck,HW1 body) with SD alnico II pro in the neck through a modded  and Webbered Champion 600 flat out at blues jam in a studio.It ate the big studio SS Marshalls ..Actually I think I will rush out and buy another lot .Its all coming back to me ...why did I sell it .
  • Matt_McGMatt_McG Frets: 328
    Best I've ever had, was just noodling in a guitar shop: 60s Fender Musicmaster (the single pickup version) through a silverface Fender Deluxe Reverb. Sounded huge. 

The best real amp sound I can currently get, is my 60s Park plexi, with a G&L ASAT, set to clean-ish, ideally with a bit of reverb and compression on in front. But clean-ish on that amp, is basically massively too loud for home.

My current go to sound, is on a modeller, and it's a single cut PRS SE (Oil City P90s) both pickups into a Matchless model (I guess basically Vox-ish) set to just breaking up, and goosed a bit with a compressor (actual pedal in front of the modeller).
  • SyncSync Frets: 289
    edited February 2020
    Fender Strat, texas hot pickups and a hot rod deville amp with a couple of boss pedals for delay & distortion.

That rocky, vibey tone through to the smooth jazzy twang perfection. 

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Ibanez Jem through a tubescreamer into a JCM800 '2203' full stack.
    The sound in my head because I remember it and it was glorious.

I must get back there one day!
  • kswilson89kswilson89 Frets: 226
    I used to play an American vintage strat through an old '62 (I believe) ampeg reverberocket. What a sound that was, I've never been able to find an amp since that sounded anywhere near as good as that ampeg.
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8871
    Gibson Les Paul Custom '57 reissue into a Lazy J20.  Primal essence of rock.

Tone so good it shall never be achieved again, as I sold them both so the moment can be preserved for ever. :D 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2957
    edited March 2020
    I haven’t owned this setup but Les Paul bridge pickup into a Marshall JCM800 2203 boosted with an SD1. About as close to perfection as it gets for me. Hearing a mates tele through the same setup was eye opening to me as a dyed in the wool Gibson player as well.

My favourite tone out of my own gear would probably be my old Les Paul with either the Bare Knuckle Pig 90 bridge pickup or maybe the Black Dog which felt a bit more versatile. Into my Laney GH50L though I imagine would have sounded even better through my mini jubilee.