124»

Comments

• NyquistNyquist Frets: 2
    NelsonP said:
    timmypix said:
    Nyquist said:
    NelsonP said:
    I have a 2019 Gibson DC tribute junior.

Paid just over £500 for it and it's a cool guitar. Proper rock machine. Basic but good. No-one worries about pickguard mounted pickups on a strat so no issue for me.

Only thing about it is that the G string won't stay in tune.  The nut needs sorting, but that's an easy fix. 
    I've got the same guitar and the tuning same problem. Not sure what I need to do about it so any advice would be helpful.
    thanks
    Most of the ones I tried before getting the one I bought had awfully cut nuts, so I would bet on that. Take it to a tech and get them to see if they can improve the cut of the nut grooves, or more likely just stick a new nut on, either bone or TUSQ.
    This exactly. Just need to find time to take it to my tech to get the nut filed or replaced if necessary. Its not that bad really, more of a minor irritation than anything. But it should have been right from the factory.

FWIW mine is the early version, with the jack on the front. I think they moved to a different nut material on the v2 (Tektoid > GraphTech), probably for exactly this reason.
    thanks both
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3454
    edited March 2020
    Quick update.  I'd been restringing my DC Jr by just putting the string through the post and wrapping it, as I do on all my other guitars.

Yesterday I restrung it using the approach in this video, and it seems to be much more stable now.

Definitely worth a try before you get into nut cutting, changing tuners etc....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom