Universal Audio OX

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699
    edited March 2020
    tekbow said:
    Sorry, I completely missed this.

Ok so, yes, you have to route it back from the DAW/interface.

But you're not putting it through any extra levels of conversion as such. Not that the dry D.I. track wouldn't see anyway if getting re-amped.

This is presuming you're recording a D.I. track for re-amping? Because that's the point of the Hi-Z input on the front of the Reload.

If it makes any difference, apart from a nasty ground loop that occured because of my crappy apartment wiring which I rectified with an isolation transformer (plugged into the red cable in one of the pics), theres no real noise or colouration that bothered me.
    If you send a signal into your audio interface and then back out again, you're going through a stage of A/D and a stage of D/A. You're right in the sense that this isn't any different to tracking a DI for reamping later. But I do try to keep conversion stages as minimal as possible (he says whilst having a board full of digital effects, hahahaha!)

I think what bothered me more was that I'm tracking the DI for editing purposes a lot of the time, and I'm keeping the original mic'd amp recordings. So no re-amping required. In that case, I am aiming to cut out that particular extra stage of AD/DA. Which as I say, can be done by putting a DI box after the guitar which feeds the Reload and the audio interface seperately.

BTW the line-input on the back is what you should use for reamping, not the front Hi-Z input. The front Hi-Z input is for the original guitar only, and you strum your guitar whilst sending your DI back through the replay line input, and the lights on the front tell you if the signal level matches.

That bit of it works splendidly I have to say! 
    Ahh, ok.

I dont physically mic anything, it's all IR's so it's no different to me if it goes thru the additional DA or not.

That being said, I might grab my splitter box and record something in the way you described to see if theres any difference between recording direct ny going in the front of the amp, and re-amping a dry track through the extra level of DA.

WRT to the line input etc, I had edited my comment while you were posting yours to mention the match function, but yes I'm aware of how the Hi-Z is utilised. 

Unless you mean something different than using the Hi-Z to record your dry track? Because all this is getting a bit confusing lol 

Guitar > Hi-Z > interface analog input > DAW track (to record dry guitar) > track direct send to analogue output > Replay line in > conversion to instrument level > Replay amp out > amp input > amp speaker out > Reload Speaker in (red jack) > Reactive Load and power amp (vol knob) > Reload speaker out > speaker cab.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Basically as the diagram you posted before ! It can indeed get confuzzling! :hushed: 

Bye!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699
    edited March 2020
    Yes, that diagram exactly 1 with the signal path, start to finish, being that spaghetti junction I described above.

And that's before you add my switcher idea.
  • Does any one know if its possible to run a hx stomp through the fryette power station directly to your amp cab?
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Does any one know if its possible to run a hx stomp through the fryette power station directly to your amp cab?
    Yes absolutely.