Show us your Bravewood

What's Hot

Comments

• thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2819
    hyperben said:
    Almost 2 years late to the party (sorry for the thread revival Brad)… here’s my Bravewood S-type. I had a Bravewood T-type once before that looked amazing in every way but tonally it wasn’t quite there. This S-type is absolutely there in terms of feel and tone. Very happy with it. The neck in particular feels just like vintage, which I think is the main area Fender CS doesn’t quite get it right.

Wow I agree that neck looks amazing.  What pickups does he use/are in it, do you know?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1426
    This one has Peter Florance ST-60s in it. They sound really very good. But the guitar sounds great unplugged too so I’m sure any pickups would sound great in it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    He absolutely nailed this one IMO. Some of the best relicing I’ve seen. Looks like a Masterbuilt.

• BGGBGG Frets: 698
    Is that the one up for sale at the minute? 
    #thebatesmotelband
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3962
    hyperben said:
    He absolutely nailed this one IMO. Some of the best relicing I’ve seen. Looks like a Masterbuilt.

Looks like he shot it with a blunderbuss morelike!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • scoobysnackscoobysnack Frets: 54
    Did someone sell one ? Pm
  • Mike58Mike58 Frets: 162
    Re “ looks like a Masterbuilt “….. I would be disappointed if I’d dropped the big bucks on that relic job… it really does look a if it’s been peppered by pellets and is frankly rediculous… but each to their own .
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Wow this is an old thread back from the dead…
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27082
    These guitars are illegal to sell in the UK, owing to the fact that they're counterfeits as defined by the law.

As such, anybody using this forum to sell one will be banned, permanently.
    <space for hire>
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27699
    I'm honestly a bit puzzled why you'd want one of these when the likes of MB exist. 

I can see that someone might get warm fuzzies from a Fender but something that says Fender but isn't is just odd imo
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • bgmartinsbridgebgmartinsbridge Frets: 2884
    edited April 24
    Personally I used to play mine in the dark so no one saw the decal. And if I couldn't turn off the light I insisted anyone near me closed their eyes.

Some of them look amazing and he gets the neck and feel exactly like a vintage 62.

Edit - I don't own one, so I won't be selling one and breaking the law!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4305
    Had several, 1 good, 1 ok, 1 an absolute stinking dog of a guitar, one of the worst Strats I can recall for me personally, must have taken a special effort to create such an inert lifeless lump of toneless garbage, also one of the best looking Strats I have ever seen... They do have a certain look and feel, that is nothing whatsoever like a Fender CS. Not sure they feel like vintage Fenders I have owned exactly, but they do feel sort of ‘old’.

I have also heard mention from other people about some of them being dogs, so all in all I would have WAY more confidence in buying an MB sight unseen. Experience of them so far has been excellent. Added benefit that you will not be dragged out into the village square and stoned to death.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2450
    These guitars are illegal to sell in the UK, owing to the fact that they're counterfeits as defined by the law.

As such, anybody using this forum to sell one will be banned, permanently.
    Crazy how many 'fake' Fender guitars are on Reverb and Ebay. Then you get reasonably high profile plyers like Josh Smith and Jeff McErlain flaunting theirs on social media.
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7203
    It's a pity he didn't call them Bravewood guitars and used that name as a logo. 
    Guitar Bomb & Nembrini Audio Summer Giveaway 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23578
    edited April 24
    I think perhaps in Bravewood's heyday there was less of a market for boutique near-copies of vintage Fenders.  I used to look at their website and think the guitars looked amazing, now that relics are much more commonplace some of the Bravewoods look... pretty bad.  Maybe today they would use Bravewood as a brand name... is he even still operating?
  • MartinBushMartinBush Frets: 260
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23578
    Hasn't changed much either, although there used to be more pictures and more info about degrees of ageing - I think he had a 1 to 10 scale?
  • Years ago (before it seemed an issue) I used to own the blue one at the very top of the S type page. One of the best strats I've owned and regret letting it go. Nice light realistic relic and a great feel. 

• WezVWezV Frets: 16945
    Years ago (before it seemed an issue) 

I think we all need reminding that no-one cared as much about this 20 years ago.  It's good that we hold it to a different standard now, and the forum has its clear policy on it based on actual law.

The standard of relicing has come on a lot. These definitely look a lot better than most of Fender's offerings, and always have.  Some go a bit far for my tastes, but the same can be said of many relics, sometimes that is fun.  These filled a gap fender couldn't.

These days there are lots more refinishers building on the work done by those that did it before.  They have learned from them, and in some cases improved on the methods used to produce authentic looking relics.   But there are still a lot of refinishers proudly selling much worse looking instruments built from parts (some of which are clearly colour blind). So i'm hesitant to criticise Bravewood  for selling handmade replicas with good finishes, just because a relatively small number of people can now do the finishing bit better.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • bgmartinsbridgebgmartinsbridge Frets: 2884
    edited April 25
    ^ Wiz

I also think the Bravewood relics I've seen over the last two years are getting better and better Al the time. Def Masterbuilt run for the money.