I did a The Guitar Show Podcast

What's Hot
JasonJason Frets: 1120
edited April 2020 in Guitar tFB Trader
Hello

At the show this year we managed to capture interviews with some of the artists performing, the plan was to get them out post show but C-19 happened and it all got put on the back burner for a while.

My mate Ant did the interviews, so together we have tied them up in to a podcast series called 9-42, episode 1 is a teaser, with the Phil X interview coming out Monday (13th April)

If you like Podcasts, please give it a listen and let me know what you think.

Cheers

Jason (the relucatnat podcaster)

It is now available in the usual places

The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JasonJason Frets: 1120
    tFB Trader
    Episode 2 is out

We did an interview with Phil X

Jason
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 467
    Love the artwork.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    VJIves said:
    Love the artwork.

Thats my mate Paul, very talented chap
  • RolandRoland Frets: 9128
    Subscribed. It’s nice to hear people having a sensible conversation in a podcast. So often you get unbridled enthusiasm for product X, and next week they’re ecstatic about product Y, and the rest of the time they’re so in your face that your sinuses are in danger. So this was refreshing.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Roland said:
    Subscribed. It’s nice to hear people having a sensible conversation in a podcast. So often you get unbridled enthusiasm for product X, and next week they’re ecstatic about product Y, and the rest of the time they’re so in your face that your sinuses are in danger. So this was refreshing.
    Thanks, yeah we are going to keep clear of that sort of thing, I'm no reviewer :-)

Thanks for the feedback, I think the next one is fascinating, Mike Exeter might not be that well known but he has had an amazing career

tFB Trader
    OMG - Number 7 in the charts, take that Alice Cooper

tFB Trader
    Hello

I thought I'd update on where 9-42 The Guitar Show podcast was up to, so far Ant and I have chatted to Phil X, Mike Exeter, Rob/Rabea, Ryan Roxie, Ron Thal, Glen Matlock and next is Earl Slick, we have quite a few others in the bag too inc @ThorpyFX ;

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 3027
    Ive been listening to this since the beginning.  Really enjoying the relaxed style you and Ant have and the nice chatty interviews.  This weeks with Glen Matlock was very good.  Cant say im a fan of his but he came across as a nice guy.   Also impressed by Chappers and that Bumblefoot chap as well.  I wholeheartedly recommend this.  Come on chaps sign up.

tFB Trader
    Ive been listening to this since the beginning.  Really enjoying the relaxed style you and Ant have and the nice chatty interviews.  This weeks with Glen Matlock was very good.  Cant say im a fan of his but he came across as a nice guy.   Also impressed by Chappers and that Bumblefoot chap as well.  I wholeheartedly recommend this.  Come on chaps sign up.
    Thank you! Really appreciate the support. 

I didn’t really want to do it at the start but I must admit that I quite enjoy it now. 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7427
    The latest one has audio issue - there’s no audio from the guest! Is there going to be a new version with that fixed?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    tFB Trader
    mrkb said:
    The latest one has audio issue - there’s no audio from the guest! Is there going to be a new version with that fixed?
    I fixed it yesterday. You’ll need to re download it. Sorry. We had muted Irwin’s channel by mistake. 

Thanks for listening 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7427
    Jason said:
    mrkb said:
    I fixed it yesterday. You’ll need to re download it. Sorry. We had muted Irwin’s channel by mistake. 

Thanks for listening 
    Ok, I did try this afternoon, but it might still be accessing the old version. Will try to stream it, as that must get the latest version.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1717
    Jason said:
    Thank you! Really appreciate the support. 

I didn’t really want to do it at the start but I must admit that I quite enjoy it now. 
    Bwhahaha... ;-)
    tFB Trader
    mrkb said:
    Jason said:
    mrkb said:

Thanks for listening 
    Ok, I did try this afternoon, but it might still be accessing the old version. Will try to stream it, as that must get the latest version.
    iTunes was ok after 3.00 on Monday. I deleted and re downloaded it. Spotify is working. 

A bit gutted as it’s my favourite so far, Irwin is very entertaining 
    tFB Trader
    Hi

This week's podcast is with @ThorpyFX if anyone fancies a listen

Jason

• mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3131
    I've really enjoyed these Jason. Not the obvious guests but all the better for it. I like that you're not concentrating on gear too. I was surprised to hear you're a fellow Baggie but that means you'll have practice in dealing with setbacks :) Hopefully you'll keep doing them once everything returns to normal.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

tFB Trader
    I've really enjoyed these Jason. Not the obvious guests but all the better for it. I like that you're not concentrating on gear too. I was surprised to hear you're a fellow Baggie but that means you'll have practice in dealing with setbacks :) Hopefully you'll keep doing them once everything returns to normal.

Thanks for listening :-) and for the feedback.

Initially the plan was for them to be a pre and post show promo tool, that was assuming that I had a show, then Covid hit and it went a bit odd.

To be honest I've been terrified that I won't have a 2021 show as its my main income, I'm just lucky enough to have another job too, but things seem to be easing and 2021 is still away off yet. The show seemed a good way of keeping the news about the show out there, my competition have basically shut up shop and I don't think that is the right thing to do. Guests have been really easy to come by so far, so it was just "lets keep this going" . I've known Ant for so long now that chatting is really easy and the guests have been great.

I like love gear, have tons of it, but I'm not that kind of guitarist, I like songs, I've only ever been the lead guitarist once and hated it, so me skipping up and down the fretboard was never going to happen and I like gear for a purpose, my pedalboard is small but does what I need, I couldn't tell the difference between the various types of tremelo I just like "that" setting, plus there are loads of podcasts and vlogs that do that. My strength is my phone book, so I should just use that.

Re West Brom, as Frank Skinner said, I was born in the borough of West Bromwich in the district of West Bromwich first, I had no choice :-) I enjoy going to the odd game each season, my days of being a season ticket holder are long gone, still top of league today, next season probably won't be as much fun, just ask a Villa fan
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16666
    Jason said:

Initially the plan was for them to be a pre and post show promo tool, that was assuming that I had a show, then Covid hit and it went a bit odd.

To be honest I've been terrified that I won't have a 2021 show as its my main income, I'm just lucky enough to have another job too, but things seem to be easing and 2021 is still away off yet. The show seemed a good way of keeping the news about the show out there, my competition have basically shut up shop and I don't think that is the right thing to do. Guests have been really easy to come by so far, so it was just "lets keep this going" . I've known Ant for so long now that chatting is really easy and the guests have been great.

I like love gear, have tons of it, but I'm not that kind of guitarist, I like songs, I've only ever been the lead guitarist once and hated it, so me skipping up and down the fretboard was never going to happen and I like gear for a purpose, my pedalboard is small but does what I need, I couldn't tell the difference between the various types of tremelo I just like "that" setting, plus there are loads of podcasts and vlogs that do that. My strength is my phone book, so I should just use that.

Re West Brom, as Frank Skinner said, I was born in the borough of West Bromwich in the district of West Bromwich first, I had no choice :-) I enjoy going to the odd game each season, my days of being a season ticket holder are long gone, still top of league today, next season probably won't be as much fun, just ask a Villa fan
    At the show this year I thought Rob Chapman seemed funny obsessively slathering himself in anti bac gel. In retrospect just thinking one step ahead of the rest of us! 

My eldest son works for the NEC ( not the son that Jason has met, bear with...) and they are trying to work out what they can do as drive in/ through events. Drive in cinema screenings the only one I can think of. And alternate ways of running events - advance tickets only, maximum numbers of attendees, one way systems around,etc, like supermarkets. So, not hard to imagine that some form of the Guitar show will go ahead in 2021. 

And deep in Baggies country here, I can only wear my Wolves scarf to bed... :anguished: 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    tFB Trader
    Jason said:

At the show this year I thought Rob Chapman seemed funny obsessively slathering himself in anti bac gel. In retrospect just thinking one step ahead of the rest of us! 

My eldest son works for the NEC ( not the son that Jason has met, bear with...) and they are trying to work out what they can do as drive in/ through events. Drive in cinema screenings the only one I can think of. And alternate ways of running events - advance tickets only, maximum numbers of attendees, one way systems around,etc, like supermarkets. So, not hard to imagine that some form of the Guitar show will go ahead in 2021. 

And deep in Baggies country here, I can only wear my Wolves scarf to bed... :anguished: 

I have two ideas basically

1) Extend the opening hours, but make it an AM or PM ticket, so the same number of people can come but only half at at time. Have a break in the middle of the day, everyone out, clean loos, catering area etc, let the afternoon's visitors in. This would probably require the show going from 10.00 - 17.00 to 10.00 - 20.00. To do this I would require the agreement of all exhibitors, afterall they can't go anywhere.

Then I'm in to the same acts on the live stage or different acts per slot?

Same means the artists have to do it all twice and if you don't like them its no interest to you, or different artists meaning some people will be unhappy as they will think I'm trying to get them to buy two different tickets.

Will the venue charge me more for extended opening hours (yes I would imagine so)?

Will visitors be happy that their visit will be limited to 4-5 hours...?

The only real benefit is there will be less complaints about the size of the car park :-)

2) Push the date back to later in to 2021, possibly May time, this loses the impact of getting new products straight from NAMM, but I don't even know if NAMM will be going ahead, they are saying it is for now, but the US doesn't seem to have much a grip of it at the moment.

Will all of these thoughts be pointless in a few months as we are either clear and back to normal or hiding in our houses from a second wave????

Without wishing to rehash some of the arguements in the Covid section, the truth is, nobody knows, so I'm sitting tight and seeing what happens after the summer.

And what a time to be a Wolves fan, you must be loving it, Traore (is that how you spell it) is unbelievable, how he changed the game the other day, reminded me of Big Cryille Regis :-)

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16666
    Jason said:
    Jason said:

I have two ideas basically

1) Extend the opening hours, but make it an AM or PM ticket, so the same number of people can come but only half at at time. Have a break in the middle of the day, everyone out, clean loos, catering area etc, let the afternoon's visitors in. This would probably require the show going from 10.00 - 17.00 to 10.00 - 20.00. To do this I would require the agreement of all exhibitors, afterall they can't go anywhere.

Then I'm in to the same acts on the live stage or different acts per slot?

Same means the artists have to do it all twice and if you don't like them its no interest to you, or different artists meaning some people will be unhappy as they will think I'm trying to get them to buy two different tickets.

Will the venue charge me more for extended opening hours (yes I would imagine so)?

Will visitors be happy that their visit will be limited to 4-5 hours...?

The only real benefit is there will be less complaints about the size of the car park :-)

2) Push the date back to later in to 2021, possibly May time, this loses the impact of getting new products straight from NAMM, but I don't even know if NAMM will be going ahead, they are saying it is for now, but the US doesn't seem to have much a grip of it at the moment.

Will all of these thoughts be pointless in a few months as we are either clear and back to normal or hiding in our houses from a second wave????

Without wishing to rehash some of the arguements in the Covid section, the truth is, nobody knows, so I'm sitting tight and seeing what happens after the summer.

And what a time to be a Wolves fan, you must be loving it, Traore (is that how you spell it) is unbelievable, how he changed the game the other day, reminded me of Big Cryille Regis :-)

I never really go to games but I had been thinking this year I should make the effort toward the end of the season...oh well...

It’d be interesting to know how long the average visitor spends at the show, I certainly see people leaving ( although maybe coming back later, who knows) after what must be a maximum two hours and by late in the day the numbers inside are much lower so I doubt if many people normally  spend all day at the show.

Maybe the option of something like £15 ( or whatever) for those wanting a half day session and £20 for two sessions in a day on the understanding they have to vacate the premises for an hour in the middle. Food truck in the car park for those who have to hang around, jobs a good un. Maybe one biggest attraction per slot so if buying in advance you can choose your preference from Bumblefoot or TPS or Phil X or Barry and his Flying Ukulele or whatever. As there will be, presumably, maximum numbers per slot this might also drive up your advance sales ( basically what the Good Food Show used to do - watch James Martin make a soufflé but only if you’ve bought your tickets three months in advance). 

I remember years ago someone did a bit of research ( probably not very accurately ) on visitors to Coventry. Both cathedrals, the Godiva clock and a cup of coffee and done in two hours.  I think the point being is that the tolerance for taking an interest in something isn’t that high, a 4 hour slot would probably be fine for most people. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell.