I did a The Guitar Show Podcast

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 7427
    Can anyone tell me what happened to Simon Bradley at guitarist magazine? It was mentioned a few times on the podcast but I don’t have a clue what he was referring to. Would be interested to know - can PM me the details if its better not to discuss in public, thanks.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JasonJason Frets: 1120
    tFB Trader
    mrkb said:
    Can anyone tell me what happened to Simon Bradley at guitarist magazine? It was mentioned a few times on the podcast but I don’t have a clue what he was referring to. Would be interested to know - can PM me the details if its better not to discuss in public, thanks.
    Short answer is made redundant, long answer is for Simon to give. 

Thanks for listening 
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
    Jason said:
    mrkb said:

Thanks for clarifying, thought it was a bit weird that it was mentioned, and was obviously an sore point, but no clarification on what the problem was for people who weren’t aware of his past.

Im really enjoying the podcasts, you two hosts have a nice laid back interview and discussion style.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1292
    @Jason ;  I went to download a couple today and download file didn't seem to be available. Do you have the 'Enable direct downloads' box checked in the permissions section on the track edit page? You should be able to set this as a default for any future uploads.
    tFB Trader
    @Jason ;  I went to download a couple today and download file didn't seem to be available. Do you have the 'Enable direct downloads' box checked in the permissions section on the track edit page? You should be able to set this as a default for any future uploads.
    I’ll have a look. I’m out at the moment 
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
    tFB Trader

Hi, I've enambled that now - cheers J
    tFB Trader
    mrkb said:
    Jason said:
    mrkb said:

Thanks for clarifying, thought it was a bit weird that it was mentioned, and was obviously an sore point, but no clarification on what the problem was for people who weren’t aware of his past.

Im really enjoying the podcasts, you two hosts have a nice laid back interview and discussion style.
    Thanks, I appreciate that, from being quite reluctant to do it I am now quite enjoying it :)

• grappagreengrappagreen Frets: 1360
    edited July 2020
    Listened to the first one today... all the talk about Musical Exchange took me right back to my youth... the best was the mention of Oasis - the smell of petuli oil on leather from that place and the unsavoury characters loitering :)

The guitar banter is great as well! 

Si
    tFB Trader
    Listened to the first one today... all the talk about Musical Exchange took me right back to my youth... the best was the mention of Oasis - the smell of petuli oil on leather from that place and the unsavoury characters loitering :)

The guitar banter is great as well! 

Si

Thanks, I did visit Oasis last year, the realisation that I'm now too old :) my daughters hated it
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3131
    Just caught the Simon Bradley episode.. excellent again. Very Midlandsy to say the least (in a good way).

There's deffo a book in the MX story. The best guitar shop I've ever visited. I think Dants had just started when I became a regular..we'd try to get him to debut any new impressions he might have. His "Trevor Francis demoing an RG550" had to be heard to be believed. I bloody loved it in there - my dream job for sure at 18-19. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

tFB Trader
    Just caught the Simon Bradley episode.. excellent again. Very Midlandsy to say the least (in a good way).

There's deffo a book in the MX story. The best guitar shop I've ever visited. I think Dants had just started when I became a regular..we'd try to get him to debut any new impressions he might have. His "Trevor Francis demoing an RG550" had to be heard to be believed. I bloody loved it in there - my dream job for sure at 18-19. 

Thanks :) it does get very brummie, inevitable I suppose with two of us on there

Have you read Dants' blogs?

If not, you may like this one

• mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3131
    Jason said:

Thanks :) it does get very brummie, inevitable I suppose with two of us on there

Have you read Dants' blogs?

If not, you may like this one

I had seen that.. I think it really captures the essence in the same way as your chat with Simon. It did seem like a load of banter and laughs interspersed with the odd sale. My love of Hamers started there when the big downstairs refurb opened - I couldn't get near the Gibbos etc. but I could play a Hamer for as long as I wanted.

Ian's "Barmy Old Podcast" during lockdown has been a great listen too - a bit saucy in places but all good fun. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    New episode out today with Chris from @RiftAmps if you fancy a listen https://feeds.captivate.fm/9-42/, he ended up quizzing us on our choice of tone ;-)

We talked for so long we've had to split in in to two chunks, pt 2 next week

Thanks

J

Good to hear he got his internet back working! 
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom