What's the guitar you should hate but love?

What's Hot
StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5852
These are f@#king horrible in every way, but my god I would give my hard earned money for them! 

What are yours? 

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MilkMilk Frets: 84
    edited May 2020
    Mine is a little more tame than yours but gretsch black falcons and white falcons or that size guitar really, not a fan of its size but really wanting one or a similar guitar.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • MilkMilk Frets: 84
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74493

I stupidly passed on buying one at a reasonably good price a couple of years ago...

(For what it's worth I probably shouldn't like Vai's music either, but I do.)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10389
    Thankfully these don't seem to come in paint jobs that appeal to me, nor without the pointy headstock and weird neck designs, but I quite like the shape of this one (apart from the headstock)

I'm scared and I'm waiting for life
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2254
    ICBM said:

You beat me to it. I was going to post a JEM.

I don't have any shredder guitars. A JEM is somewhat expensive so maybe at some point in the future I'll get an RG550 as a compromise.

It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stimpsonslostsonstimpsonslostson Frets: 5424
    edited May 2020
    Heavy, uncomfortable, limited access to top frets... and yet there’s something magical about them. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 32390
    I love a good Strat and know exactly what I want to see in one, a light weight, alder body with good contours, and a proper vintage-style trem.

Naturally, the one I have which is my favourite of the half dozen or so I've owned has none of those attributes. It's a keeper though, it might be a crap Strat but it's a great guitar. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5852
    p90fool said:
    I love a good Strat and know exactly what I want to see in one, a light weight, alder body with good contours, and a proper vintage-style trem.

Naturally, the one I have which is my favourite of the half dozen or so I've owned has none of those attributes. It's a keeper though, it might be a crap Strat but it's a great guitar. 

I would absoloutly rock that 
  • fendergibsonfendergibson Frets: 563
    ICBM said:

I stupidly passed on buying one at a reasonably good price a couple of years ago...

I had one....and sold it. To date my most regrettable transaction. Still gives me a sweat thinking about it  :/
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 8092

They're ridiculously big, and not really my thing at all, but I would love to own an old Gibson Super 400 :)

httpsloviesguitarscomwp-contentuploads202004IMG_5789-510x340jpg
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • gazrichardsgazrichards Frets: 693
    I have a les paul less plus. It seems like it’s the guitar everyone hates. Wide nut, thin body, belly cuts etc but it’s the best les paul I’ve ever owned!
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31591
    I played one of these recently. Utterly blown away by it.  Carbon Fibre neck, lush as anything. So easy to play if a bit weird cos of no headstock.
    Incredibly player, incredible tones.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5852
    Gassage said:
    I played one of these recently. Utterly blown away by it.  Carbon Fibre neck, lush as anything. So easy to play if a bit weird cos of no headstock.
    Incredibly player, incredible tones.

Dream guitar there for me.. 
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4418
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 935
    edited May 2020
    ICBM said:

I had one....and sold it. To date my most regrettable transaction. Still gives me a sweat thinking about it 
    Time for me to get my own back @fendergibson ;;

https://i.imgur.com/a7HrFAB.jpg
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4635
    These are f@#king horrible in every way, but my god I would give my hard earned money for them! 

What are yours? 

I want that Dana scoop , that is soooooooo HOT
  • kossofffankossofffan Frets: 590
    Have a craving for a St Vincent style guitar :)
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 3001
    edited May 2020
    I've wanted a neon orange hardtail Ibanez RG for the longest time. I don't even like Ibanez necks or play anything that requires hairspray or spandex.

Other than that, strats. As someone who only really plays Gibson guitars they're the polar opposite to what I'm used to. But I can't shake that I need one and will be getting my crappy old one back asap so I can use it as a parts project. I like good design and also the relatively no-frills approach of Fender guitars.
  • fendergibsonfendergibson Frets: 563
    edited May 2020
    gusman2x said:
    ICBM said:

I had one....and sold it. To date my most regrettable transaction. Still gives me a sweat thinking about it 
    Time for me to get my own back @fendergibson ;;;

https://i.imgur.com/a7HrFAB.jpg
    Haha....swap you for the AVRI....cash your way ?  B
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom