Does anyone actually play PRS?

What's Hot
maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 3171
Seems that every PRS for sale is unblemished so I assume that nobody plays them. They just buy them look in the case a few times then sell them on
www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17878
    tFB Trader
    You haven't seen mine.

People don't sell the bashed up one's because they are worth about 50p so they are too good to sell.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28354
    What a pointless thread! The lockdown threads are really scraping the bottom of the barrel. Mine are the worst!
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 11reaction image Wisdom
  • maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 3171
    axisus said:
    What a pointless thread! The lockdown threads are really scraping the bottom of the barrel. Mine are the worst!
    Was going to call it proudly show us your dings! I agree booooored!
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27958
    People don't sell the bashed up one's because they are worth about 50p so they are too good to sell.
    I'd happily offer closer to £50 than 50p for yours @monquixote ... but then I'm a fool, easily parted from my money.
    ;)

I admit that I've recently sold a PRS that was unmarked and barely ever left its case.  A large part of my reason for sale was that it was unmarked, and I wanted rid of it *before* I dinged it and lost £1000 (no, that's not an exaggeration).  

I'm quite happy to play the PRS guitars that I've got left though.  None of them is worth £1000, so I'd have to bash them up monquixote style to lose £1000 on any of them.  
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • JeremiahJeremiah Frets: 639
    Or maybe the finish is so tough that it's impossible to damage it.

I have a late 90s Schecter that's a bit like that - it's obviously been played a lot as the frets are heavily worn and the pickup selector switch had been broken off when I got it, but the finish is almost flawless.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GrampaGrampa Frets: 958
    Whoopee, another PRS bashing thre....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    My other passion is firearms! Does that make me a closet Redneck???
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 11reaction image Wisdom
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3719
    I own 'em, play 'em and I'm not precious about them.  I've also only ever sold one, my first SE, and Iater tried to buy it back.  When that failed I bought another one the same (played one gig with it and promptly bought the S2 equivalent because it was so good).

I also like, but don't yet own, the Silver Sky.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2955
    I wouldn't say no to one.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24855
    I had an old USA CE for a while.
    Should not have sold it.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24865
    No - as you can tell from my profile pic, mine never comes out of it's case....
  • I sold a private stock as I was too scared to play it. Even to the point where I made sure I was only wearing a t shirt and no belt!

Had a modern eagle previously gigged by a top band (they'd had a few no.1 hits), that was battered and totally amazing. Didn't care what you did with it. 
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1465
    Yes., I play mine extensively.  I also take a bit of care and pride over my guitars, whether it's the £150 Dano U2 or the 87 Custom.  They're not perfect, they have the odd ding and mark, but I take care of them.

I also wash and wax my cars.  Whether that's the Suzuki Swift or the Caterham Superlight R300.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27958
    Even to the point where I made sure I was only wearing a t shirt and no belt!
    That conjures up a *bad* image.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    6reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1995
    My favourite guitar is my very gigged PRS, got dings, chips, gouges, blood stains , paint stains , and an unidentifiable sticky patch which I've given up trying to clean off :) 

It won't ever appear in the classifieds*

*I really really hope 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2756
    My custom 24 has been my main gigging guitar since 2008 - it's had switch change to a 3 way,  loads of different pickups in ti but the suhr aldrich work fine. An extra switch and graphtech ghost added (that I rarely use these days but it was handy at one point).    It's looking quite scruffy but it feels great.
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2954
    Seen this one posted on a few forums, it looks cool

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/937/casper-my-favourite-prs/p1
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9598
    I got offered a dgt recently that was more battered than any fender I’ve seen of a similar age.
    The good ones that get gigged just don’t get listed. They’re keepers
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73033
    Why pick on PRS? I’d guess there are as many CS Fenders and Gibsons that are never taken out of the house for fear of damage now, including relics. Not long ago someone here was complaining about a scratch on the back of a relic that might not be ‘original’...

I gigged with PRSs exclusively for about five years - they were working instruments and picked up their share of damage... I don’t throw guitars around, but I don’t baby them either - they’re made to be played. That band might be getting back together so I’m buying another one - it’s beaten up already and I certainly don’t care.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    Dodge said:

I also wash and wax my cars.  Whether that's the Suzuki Swift or the Caterham Superlight R300.

Oh so we've to flaunt our motors and valeting regime now?

Well I'm waiting for Mr. Sponge to reopen so I can get our Vauxhall Mokka SE washed.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom