Does anyone actually play PRS?

What's Hot

Comments

• gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8573
    Give it to Parcelforce, they’ll break it in for you.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 918
    I currently own six of them - two cores, two early 90's CE24's and two SE's. All of them get played and gigged regularly (when there were gigs!).

The cores are in very good condition as are the SE's but the CE's have some dings (one was a project guitar that I refinished and replaced all the hardware on, so worth very little). I don't see the point in owning guitars that I don't p!ay.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1465
    ICBM said:
    Why pick on PRS? I’d guess there are as many CS Fenders and Gibsons that are never taken out of the house for fear of damage now, including relics. Not long ago someone here was complaining about a scratch on the back of a relic that might not be ‘original’...

Quite. Paying for a relic look is the equal of paying for a pretty topped guitar.

Although paying for a relic is baffling to me. I'd rather have a mint E Type than a relic any day of the week.
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2954

Quite fancy one of these, looks like a proper player. Love that pattern regular neck too. If only they did a hardtail version of this. Love the Vela with dots too.
  • Universal8Universal8 Frets: 134
    mbe said:
    Dodge said:

I also wash and wax my cars.  Whether that's the Suzuki Swift or the Caterham Superlight R300.

Oh so we've to flaunt our motors and valeting regime now?

Well I'm waiting for Mr. Sponge to reopen so I can get our Vauxhall Mokka SE washed.
    You don’t flaunt a Suzuki Swift
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3097
    You should've seen the two I had. Singlecut Satin that looked like it had been played by Rory Gallagher and a CE22 that had been played hard. 

Most mint ones are usually very pretty so I can see why extra care was taken.
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3719
    mbe said:
    Dodge said:

I also wash and wax my cars.  Whether that's the Suzuki Swift or the Caterham Superlight R300.

Oh so we've to flaunt our motors and valeting regime now?

Well I'm waiting for Mr. Sponge to reopen so I can get our Vauxhall Mokka SE washed.
    You don’t flaunt a Suzuki Swift
    Wait a minute.  You can wash cars???!!!

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2177
    I understand what the OP is saying, every PRS you see for sale seems to be immaculate. 
    Mine has a few scuffs and chips on, that's the great hypocrisy of it all. If it was a custom shop Les paul or a Fender those things are almost irrelevant, and that's not even taking relics into account.  But a PRS with buckle rash on is a cardinal sin?
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • That said, an R8 or R9 with a knock or scratch is just about the same. Has to be immaculate. 
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3853
    As a serious answer, it does seem that a lot of people buy them thinking that they're going to be all that and a bag of chips, and then quickly realise they're not, so up for sale they go. Or something? 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2954
    Loobs said:
    As a serious answer, it does seem that a lot of people buy them thinking that they're going to be all that and a bag of chips, and then quickly realise they're not, so up for sale they go. Or something? 
    This is what usually happens when I buy anything Fender styled.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9598
    said:
    That said, an R8 or R9 with a knock or scratch is just about the same. Has to be immaculate. 
    Yeah, but why would you gig an r8/r9 when you’ll almost certainly snap the headstock and need to visit a&e with the back pain of having one over your shoulder for 2-3 hours  B)
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10387
    Don't worry guys. Singer in my band was contemplating one but I swiftly called her a Snorkeldick so now she's getting something proper. 
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BarnezyBarnezy Frets: 2243
    It extends to Collings too. I had to sell mine as I was to precious of it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JackobeanJackobean Frets: 668
    We should all just play affinity Squiers.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2474
    My played PRS.

Granted, more by the previous owner - I haven't had a chance to gig it since I bought it - but the satin nitro finish means it just attracts dings; you can scratch it with a plectrum or your nail!
    Tim
  • Dan_HalenDan_Halen Frets: 1655
    Genuinely like to know the point of starting yet another click-baity PRS thread - that desperate for a dentist joke or 12? Maybe there can be a snorkeldick section of the forum and they can just go straight in there.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3853
    Don't worry guys. Singer in my band was contemplating one but I swiftly called her a Snorkeldick so now she's getting something proper. 
    Misogynist. 
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1465
    Dan_Halen said:
    Genuinely like to know the point of starting yet another click-baity PRS thread - that desperate for a dentist joke or 12? Maybe there can be a snorkeldick section of the forum and they can just go straight in there.

Wis'd.  The whole lawyer / dentist thing is so noughties TGP. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom