Any Bogner Shiva owners out there? What OD pedals do you use?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• fastboy said:
    stefjudd;533087" said:
    fastboy said:

welshboyo said:

@fastboy

everything at 12 o'clock, I find the Shiva does tend to over compress and sag quite badly with anything over 12'o'clock bass wise...

Fuzz makes it especially bad..

Kind of the same here. I use a Zilla fatboy so tonnes of bottom end so I'm finding I run the bass about 4 on both channels. 

I may speak to Zilla about building me the open back panels on the cab as OB seems to work beautifully with the Shiva from past experience and might tame a bit of bottom end as well. 

I have my bass set around 2 o clock, so maybe I'll try dialling it down a little... I use the Bogner 4x12 straight cab which is closed back too. I have been wanting to swap to a bogner 2x12 for a while due to playing smaller venues these days but no one is up for a trade!My RC booster arrived today so will put up some sound clips too at some point soon...
    If you have any guitarist mates with an open back cab give that a whirl as well. The shiva specific 2x12 bogner cab was open backed. They still do it but just refer to as just the generic 2x12 open cab these days as opposed to shiva specific.

It really accentuates the warm woody tone
    Thanks, will try an open back cab...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I use a sick as overdrive, sounds great with just about everything you throw at it! 

Not heard of that... Ooh and it's a beautiful colour too... oooh that GAS...
  • matt1973matt1973 Frets: 386
    edited February 2015
    Well after a bit tweaking on the channels my old Drivemaster is doing a surprisingly good job. To make it work at its best, I need to push the preamp hard on the clean channel and be quite conservative with the gain on the drive channel. The pedal is set with a slight scoop, gain at 9 o'clock and volume at 3 o'clock. It is actually quite similar to the Shivas timbre to my ear.

If I had a pedal for each channel, I'm sure I could get a greater variety of tones from the Shiva but, as the amp itself has left me pretty short of funds, I'll be using this for the near future.

It's a pleasing result all the same as it now means that a Joyo PXL live is likely to be my next purchase so as to get the Shiva working well with the other stompboxes I have lined up for it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @matt1973 thanks for reporting back! Always great to find out what other people are doing with the Shiva... I am using a G Lab GSC 3 on my board which allows me to store various combinations of pedals and also include channel switching/boost features from the Shiva... Magic!