There are too many damn nice guitars yet to buy

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10580
    DrJazzTap said:
    Stop looking, I'm hankering after a shell pink strat and a black les paul custom....literally no need for either.
    Got a shell pink Strat coming this week hopefully. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SPECTRUM001SPECTRUM001 Frets: 1654
    Blimey - I feel a lot better now, having read this thread !!!

I reckon I may well be sorted out for the time being - having unexpectedly got two Fenders in the last week

1. A lovely Torino Red Mustang 90 from a Bonners sale. They were excellent, and gave it a restring and basic set up prior to shipping. I may well change the P90s at some point (Creamery 90s ?) and smooth out the frets a little. I actually bought this is a lighter weight knockabout to sling on the sofa - but guess what; it sounds pretty good. I really get what was mentioned above about changes though - I am not used to P90s, so am already thinking of how to make them less like P90s instead of embracing a new sound !!

2. Wasn’t expecting to find one so quickly, however got my Classic Player Strat yesterday. Bought secondhand off Gumtree, it is a very sweet caliber Strat, that has a lovely vintagey feel (helped by being preowned). Not much to do (possible trem block and nut change..) so very happy. My wife is going to buy me a Fender case for my birthday - can’t decide between the tweed or black tolex...

So - added to my Classic Player Jaguar HH (which has been hitting the spot ever since I got it) and my 1978 Precision Bass (from when I was in a proper band in the nineties), I would like to say

‘I am done’ !!!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom