Best sigs ever?

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• Fender Richie Kotzen tele for me, extremely versatile with a big ol'neck. Love it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16293
    Musicman Albert Lee HH
     PRS Brent Mason
    ok you an tell I'm a Country lover but the Brent Mason is better than the DGT...imo
    It is more versatile and feels Strat Like to play
    It does everything brilliantly and is what you would get if you crossed a Silver Sky with a DGT
    the Strat /Single coil tone is perfect and indistinguishable from a Strat in the in-between positions
    It can sound just like a hot Tele
    or the Humbuckers have more punch than a DGT
  • Universal8Universal8 Frets: 134
    TTBZ said:
    The Epiphone Jared James Nichols looks cool apart from the lame blues power plaque.
    That should definitely be optional 
  • artiebearartiebear Frets: 810
    Dominic said:
    Musicman Albert Lee HH
     PRS Brent Mason
    ok you an tell I'm a Country lover but the Brent Mason is better than the DGT...imo
    It is more versatile and feels Strat Like to play
    It does everything brilliantly and is what you would get if you crossed a Silver Sky with a DGT
    the Strat /Single coil tone is perfect and indistinguishable from a Strat in the in-between positions
    It can sound just like a hot Tele
    or the Humbuckers have more punch than a DGT
    I'm with you on the Brent Mason. a do it all guitar for a do anything player. 
  • RonnieHotdogsRonnieHotdogs Frets: 187
    edited June 2020
    The 2nd one after the Chet 6120?  I'd kill for one  
    https://www.monkeeslivealmanac.com/uploads/7/8/9/5/7895731/7270049_orig.jpg

Gretsch Monkees Rock and Roll Model 6123 - 1967 - www12fretcom
  • DarnWeightDarnWeight Frets: 2566
    edited June 2020
    I know Eastwoods are considered, at best, spotty and/or mediocre, but kudos to them for some of the more niche efforts.  The Warren Ellis signature tenor is a great example, because barring the recent Fender Tenor Tele, there's really not an awful lot to choose from in the way of solid-body tenors...plus it's basically a tenor Musicmaster, and that in itself is a cool thing. 

Mine plays really well (GDAE is a must with these), and in a creative rut, nothing beats playing something a little different to get things moving.  Really fun guitars...just a bit overpriced now (they used to be much cheaper) for what they are.

New fangled trading feedback link right here!
  • TeflonTeflon Frets: 229
    edited June 2020
    For me, the ultimate signature guitar has to be this one (at the top of the page): https://www.oasismusic.co.uk/cgi-bin/sh000002.pl?WD=hank%20marvin&PN=Used%2dFender%2dGuitars%2ehtml#aCrs59  Only 54 ever made and gorgeous in every detail, but oh, that price!

Cliff
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BlueingreenBlueingreen Frets: 2642
    grungebob said:
    The “captain” Kirk Douglas SG was very nice with its vibrola, 3 pickups and 6 way switch. One of those guitars I sadly had to sell. 
    I also really liked the squier Venus and the schecter Shaun Morgan guitars I had. 

When the Kirk Douglas SG was first mentioned (maybe in an interview with KD, can't be sure) I really fancied one based on the proposed specs which included 6100 frets (and possibly locking tuners?). 

Unfortunately by the time it came to market they'd changed the original specs, fret size and some others and made it a bit more mainstream.   The revised model probably had more mainstream appeal but it was less appealing to me personally.

The sigs I've owned (DGT, Nathan East) were players I didn't know anything much about, I just liked the specs of the instruments.  KD on the other hand I've seen live a few times with The Roots, and he's an absolute monster.  Can do it all - blues, funk, jazz, fusion, prog, heavy rock, shred - all in the same solo sometimes.

(Tip - for anyone who gets a chance to see The Roots but thinks nah, I don't like rap - go anyway, absolutely fantastic musicians, really entertaining, and one of the best electric guitarists on the planet.  Personally I like a bit of rap but anyone who enjoys great live musicianship will love this band).
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1823
    Eric Johnson sig is the business
    Have to say I totally agree as I used to have one. Sold it of course as I thought I never got on with strats but now I do strangely enough (vintera 60s strat). Maybe it was the colour of it ;) 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1823
    Musicman St Vincent is awesome 
    Have to mention the Albert Lee musicman too as that is a great feel and sounding guitar. Stupidly sold that too. What am I like :( 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • I have (and like very much) the Ed O’Brien Fender Strat. Does so much with the sustainer, single coils and mini humbucker. 

Chunky neck as well, which I like.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7834
    paulnb57 said:
    Regret selling my US Sambora Strat many moons ago, not everyones cup o tea, but a proper sig jobby
    I’ve got the Japanese black paisley one. Still the best take on a strat for me. I love the compound radius neck.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The prs se mark holcomb is pretty nice to play, and is a solid instrument, however if you more of a radius on the neck this wouldn't be the one for you as it's pretty much as flat as they come, good for bends though. Only problem is the nut is pretty bad but once swapped out its dam fine. It's also good to know he actually plays the same model live bar changing the nut out
  • The G&l Will Ray telecaster.
    Nuff said.
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • gregmgregm Frets: 49
    I would sell every other guitar i have if needed except for the Gibson Gary Moore standard LP, I think it looks amazing and plays better than anything else I have ever tried. Sustain and play-ability is just at that sweet spot that makes you sound better!
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2819
    If it hasn’t already been mentioned, I’ve always liked the CS Michael Landau ‘63.  Light, nice pickups, 7.25 radius.  Fiesta red too, always a bonus  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom