Guitar shops open from today

What's Hot
robertyroberty Frets: 10915
Just seen this video from PMT showing measures they are taking. Seems a bit dystopian.  I was keen to go down and play a couple of things but I'm not serious about buying at the min so will probably put it off until after the second wave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xem9hpD_Sxo
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9715
    Superb, professional and I guess how it should be done 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10915
    Superb, professional and I guess how it should be done 
    Yeah looks like they are disinfecting guitars after anyone has a go on them. My local branch has the new Gibson USA Juniors and Specials in stock and I was keen to have a go but I don't know about causing them hassle now
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NikcNikc Frets: 629
    In our hearts were they ever truly closed ??

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • pjfpjf Frets: 331
    edited June 2020
    I suppose they'll be using the right stuff, but wonder what that constant cleaning will do to the finish on the guitars. And the strings.
  • Went to PMT Birmingham today. Most staff looked and acted like they wished they were still on furlough and despite there being maybe 4 customers in to about twice as many staff, trying to track one down for some assistance was akin to drawing blood from a stone. It's like as soon as we walked in they stopped congregating behind the tills and all started hiding.

Was pretty annoyed actually with that.
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14772
    The in-store CCTV camera systems, usually meant to deter vandalism or theft will be recording whether the shop staff stick to the social distancing and hygiene regulations.

Induhvidual staff members will be keen to not be the first to be caught failing to abide by the new rules. Give it a fortnight and they’ll all be as blasé as ****. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • LordOxygenLordOxygen Frets: 319
    edited June 2020
    I'm gald PMT are taking these measures. I feel for shop staff, I hope they are all kept safe.
    There's enough Joe Publics not giving a shit about social distancing to put me off going into a shop never mind working in one. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
    6reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    gringopig said:
    I won't be visiting any guitar shop until they stop all that nonsense. I don't need to feel safe. I am safe. I'm not going to go anywhere that is pandering to the neurotic and paranoid. So I will wait.

I realise they are wanting to portray a 'safe' environment but, well, no. No thanks. I'm not going to spend money in a shop like that.

From all the people who work in retail were glad you’re gonna stay away if that’s your attitude and would be quite happy if you continued to stay away when all the measures are gone.
    1reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
    gringopig said:
    I won't be visiting any guitar shop until they stop all that nonsense. I don't need to feel safe. I am safe. I'm not going to go anywhere that is pandering to the neurotic and paranoid. So I will wait.

I realise they are wanting to portray a 'safe' environment but, well, no. No thanks. I'm not going to spend money in a shop like that.

That's a lot of words for "I don't understand epidemiology"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 12reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2020
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    gringopig said:
    See if you don't like my opinion then why not just take it to the coronavirus section where this belongs, so I can ignore you.
    Are you having a bad day?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2020
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • Rich31kRich31k Frets: 820
    gringopig said:
    Not at all.  I commented on PMT and their 'measures'. I understand perfectly about why they are doing it and it's got nothing to with real risk. I'm not commenting on anyone else's opinion or denigrating them in any way for believing what they believe in and I don't think anyone should do the same to mine.
    Ok. So it’s fine for you to state you opinion on PMT, and tacitly criticise those who believe PMT are taking sensible measures, but not okay for anyone to challenge your opinion. Glad we cleared that up. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LordOxygenLordOxygen Frets: 319
    edited June 2020
    gringopig said:
    I am safe. 
    Case in point

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2020

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Rich31kRich31k Frets: 820
    gringopig said:
    I never asked for my opinion to be challenged. I don't challenge others' opinions. Why do you think it's OK to challenge mine?

Because you posted it on a forum where discussion and debate is allowed. 

I think the measures taken by PMT and other music shops are a sensible approach to minimising the spread of a highly infectious disease, whilst allowing the economy a chance to recover. No harm in taking sensible precautions. 

Second half of your message came across as obfuscation and a little aggressive. Sorry if I triggered you. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Rich31k said:
    gringopig said:
    Not at all.  I commented on PMT and their 'measures'. I understand perfectly about why they are doing it and it's got nothing to with real risk. I'm not commenting on anyone else's opinion or denigrating them in any way for believing what they believe in and I don't think anyone should do the same to mine.
    Ok. So it’s fine for you to state you opinion on PMT, and tacitly criticise those who believe PMT are taking sensible measures, but not okay for anyone to challenge your opinion. Glad we cleared that up. 
    Disagree. I'm with @gringopig ; on this. The risks are minimal to the younger generations, and I'm sick to the back teeth of being told to "stay safe". And I'm done queueing to get into shops. If they want my money, they need to stop being so paranoid.

And if I read correctly, gringo said ANY guitar shop, not just PMT.
    5reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4180
    edited June 2020
    Covid-19 fucking loves the people in this country.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4180
    edited June 2020
    fandango said:
    Rich31k said:
    gringopig said:
    Disagree. I'm with @gringopig ;; on this. The risks are minimal to the younger generations, and I'm sick to the back teeth of being told to "stay safe". And I'm done queueing to get into shops. If they want my money, they need to stop being so paranoid.

And if I read correctly, gringo said ANY guitar shop, not just PMT.
    It's this sheer and utter fucking stupidity, ignorance and sheer selfishness that spreads this fucking virus.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom