Guitar shops open from today

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12052
    edited June 2020
    Adey said:
    Under 30s can spread it to as many under 30s as they want. They are probably going to be fine
    How do you avoid contact with elderly people on the streets or in your life?
    How do you know if the other person have underlying conditions such as diabetes?
    How do you assume people are going to be fine?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12052
    This is just a simple fact.

Where you fall in this, lottery, so it's not your fault.

How considerate you are, however, totally is.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GuyRGuyR Frets: 1361
    Adey said:
    In reality, if you are under 30 you should just go about your life as usual. 
    True, if an older shop worker selling essential provisions during lockdown, or other worker selflessly providing essential service is stupid and selfish enough to contract Covid from you, "going about your life as usual", they only have themselves to blame if it proves fatal. 

Left unchecked, with a fatality rate of 1% and herd immunity at 60% of the population affected, fatalities would potentially have been approximately ten times what they have been.

If you value your own convenience over the lives of other people, carry on as usual.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23635
    Oh, I'm so glad I looked at this thread.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10915
    I didn't want this thread to get nasty. But when you disagree with science you can expect a gentle ribbing

If I was serious about buying at the moment I'd be down to PMT with my wallet out but I'm not going for a casual visit because it looks like a lot of effort to cater for each customer

They are only following the law
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10915
    edited June 2020
    Adey said:
    In reality, if you are under 30 you should just go about your life as usual. Imperial College estimate that if you are under 30 and contract the virus, there is a 0.03% chance of it being fatal. If you are over 80 it is 9.3%. Note how far the decimal point has moved...
    Under 30s are way more likely to be killed on a car accident - odds of 1 in 200 but people are having to cower at home just in case an 80 year old hits the accelerator instead of the brake!
    Where did you get the road accident figure from? There were 1,700 road deaths in total in the UK in 2017. 1 in 200 under 30s being killed in car accidents seems very high

0.03% is a smidge under 1 in 3,000 which represents an unacceptable sacrifice of the under 30s to me. That's before you factor in the further transmission they would inevitably cause
  • Nikc said:
    In our hearts were they ever truly closed ??

Been closed for about a decade for me! :lol: 

Bye!

• drphibesdrphibes Frets: 68
    My wife and I have not left the house for over 3 months due to her health condition. It has been hard but we are doing our bit to try and extend our lives ! We are both disabled and have been helped by very generous people in the village where we live. During this time I have had friends who are mid 30's and have broken goverment guidelines on a regular basis and I can only presume that they did this because they think they are untouchable from the Covid virus. This begs the simple question, are you bothered about other people that you come in contact with ? The answer I think is they are just not prepared to do their bit for others and it really is a sad state of affairs if having a few friends around for a party is more important than the lives of people you might bump into in the street .
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • NikcNikc Frets: 629
    Nikc said:
    Well its nice to see that lockdown hasn't stopped some people from being total dickheads ;)

Nice to see that the Mods almost packing it in and shutting the Forum down the other week stopped the Circle Jerks and name calling.

To be fair its not really name calling when its totally accurate and bang on the money is it ????
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3098
    So who wants to talk about guitars? Any one?....any one?!!
  • NikcNikc Frets: 629
    Well I did buy a new guitar, a line 6 HD pro from Andertons and then I bought a used pedal board to go with it. From my local Music store I purchased a Loudbox mini, new strap, strings and a second hand board so I could tidy up my pedals. I've been busy - written two new songs learnt quite a bit of new material and I've been working most days (I'm self employed). Nothing like a pandemic to get you motivated ;)

On the guitar playing front my new Les Paul (Epiphone 60's standard in ebony) is just a delight to play, I've been using the HD pro into the line input of the loud box - works really well btw - I setup a clean patch with an overdrive and very subtle analog delay based around a Soldano amp model - it does sound really good and has given me no end of fun :)

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom