Guitar shops open from today

What's Hot

Comments

• NikcNikc Frets: 629
    Well its nice to see that lockdown hasn't stopped some people from being total dickheads ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5883
    Nikc said:
    Well its nice to see that lockdown hasn't stopped some people from being total dickheads ;)

Nice to see that the Mods almost packing it in and shutting the Forum down the other week stopped the Circle Jerks and name calling.

Only a Fool Would Say That.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GuyRGuyR Frets: 1361
    Philtre said:
    fandango said:
    Rich31k said:
    gringopig said:
    Not at all.  I commented on PMT and their 'measures'. I understand perfectly about why they are doing it and it's got nothing to with real risk. I'm not commenting on anyone else's opinion or denigrating them in any way for believing what they believe in and I don't think anyone should do the same to mine.
    Ok. So it’s fine for you to state you opinion on PMT, and tacitly criticise those who believe PMT are taking sensible measures, but not okay for anyone to challenge your opinion. Glad we cleared that up. 
    Disagree. I'm with @gringopig ;; on this. The risks are minimal to the younger generations, and I'm sick to the back teeth of being told to "stay safe". And I'm done queueing to get into shops. If they want my money, they need to stop being so paranoid.

And if I read correctly, gringo said ANY guitar shop, not just PMT.
    It's this sheer and utter fucking stupidity, ignorance and sheer selfishness that spreads this fucking virus.

41000 dead and counting, inclines me to agree strongly with the last comment.
    If our ignorant and selfish population had followed the guidelines, covid would have had a much smaller impact and the restrictions finished much sooner.
    I do understand how the inconvenience of people subject to lower levels of risk could be much more important than the lives of others.
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    edited June 2020
    Philtre said:
    fandango said:
    Rich31k said:
    gringopig said:
    Not at all.  I commented on PMT and their 'measures'. I understand perfectly about why they are doing it and it's got nothing to with real risk. I'm not commenting on anyone else's opinion or denigrating them in any way for believing what they believe in and I don't think anyone should do the same to mine.
    Ok. So it’s fine for you to state you opinion on PMT, and tacitly criticise those who believe PMT are taking sensible measures, but not okay for anyone to challenge your opinion. Glad we cleared that up. 
    Disagree. I'm with @gringopig ;;; on this. The risks are minimal to the younger generations, and I'm sick to the back teeth of being told to "stay safe". And I'm done queueing to get into shops. If they want my money, they need to stop being so paranoid.

And if I read correctly, gringo said ANY guitar shop, not just PMT.
    It's this sheer and utter fucking stupidity, ignorance and sheer selfishness that spreads this fucking virus.

That's why most of the people in this country haven't got and are very unlikely to catch this Chinese Covid-19 virus. It obviously doesn't spread as well as you think, otherwise it would be far far more serious. OR maybe it does, but it's no worse than flu?

But back to guitar shops. It would help if people & businesses challenged (as in researched) what they are told before blindly following "the rules", especially for instance, the 2m distance thing, which isn't enshrined in law. I can't believe queuing outside a shop, social distancing within and all the de-sanitising and temperature taking, are sustainable or scientific. I wonder how long shops are going to put up with this nonsense just to get paying customers through the door? Retail was bad enough before C-19 came along.

Rather than being stupid and ignorant (thanks for the compliment, not), it's all about an attitude to risk. You're welcome to bury your head in the sand and ignore the fact that most of these measures are only introduced to give the impression of Government "doing something". But if it makes you feel "safe", then good for you. Though I suggest you are in the minority, and the measures are pissing off a lot more people than you could ever imagine.

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4180
    edited June 2020
    Fucking hell, no wonder this country has one of the the highest infection rates of this "Chinese Covid-19 virus". UK - the home of bigotry and sheer fucking stupidity.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12052
    Threads like these tell me who are selfish, ignorant, inconsiderate and a bit low on IQ points. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • AdeyAdey Frets: 2425
    edited June 2020
    41,000 deaths isn't the whole story. The important thing is the "excess deaths", which is a lot lower.

Next year there will probably be fewer deaths than normal as people who would have died next year have died this year.

So in the round, maybe a few tens of thousands of people have died a year early.

I'm not talking individuals with names and families. These number are just the statistics. Epidemics don't care about emotions.

Smoking allegedly reduces the lifespan of a lot more people than this, and by way more years too, but it does raise a lot of tax, so is probably fine in really...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5883
    Threads like these tell me who are selfish, ignorant, inconsiderate and a bit low on IQ points. 
    Don't forget the ones with over inflated egos.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • No thread is safe from the anti-lockdown-ists. 
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    roberty said:

Yeah looks like they are disinfecting guitars after anyone has a go on them.
    I remember my disaster when I got glue remover on a nitro finish and just imagine some young whipper-snapper shop assistant spraying on some disinfectant then his heart skipping a beat as he wipes the finish off a 3 grand guitar.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    This was one of the first comments I read when I clicked on the thread and I thought "oof that's a bit harsh" but when I read through the thread I couldn't believe some of the comments. I've heard that there are people who 'think' like that but I never thought I'd actually come across any of them.
  • LordOxygenLordOxygen Frets: 319
    Some scary points of view here.
    I really pitty shop workers especially those who live with and care for vulnerable family members.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
    In reality, if you are under 30 you should just go about your life as usual. Imperial College estimate that if you are under 30 and contract the virus, there is a 0.03% chance of it being fatal. If you are over 80 it is 9.3%. Note how far the decimal point has moved...
    Under 30s are way more likely to be killed on a car accident - odds of 1 in 200 but people are having to cower at home just in case an 80 year old hits the accelerator instead of the brake!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Adey said:
    In reality, if you are under 30 you should just go about your life as usual. Imperial College estimate that if you are under 30 and contract the virus, there is a 0.03% chance of it being fatal. If you are over 80 it is 9.3%. Note how far the decimal point has moved...
    Under 30s are way more likely to be killed on a car accident - odds of 1 in 200 but people are having to cower at home just in case an 80 year old hits the accelerator instead of the brake!

It isn't about you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2020
  • LordOxygenLordOxygen Frets: 319
    Adey said:
    Interesting

Do you know if under 30s can spread it around when they're asymptomatic?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Yes, but not to the vulnerable, because they still have to be shielded
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2020
    Under 30s can spread it to as many under 30s as they want. They are probably going to be fine
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    And then you end up with herd immunity...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom