Do Fender Strat/Tele comes with the ashtray these days

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17893
    tFB Trader
    PMT are strangely silent about why mine didn't have one.

I'll never use it, but given that I've had a sale fall through in the past because of lack of hang tags I want all the candy.
    yeah, I would be too - Just relentlessly hassle them via all media until they respond. 

Just had a reply and they say that they don't

Hmm.

Might speak to @MattFGBI ; about it.

So PMT say they don't, but the excellent Matt from Fender says they do and is going to sort me out with one.

What an absolute gent!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7322
    Bet PMT mysteriously sell them separately though 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73061
    I remember in the days of the old Sound Control, they used to offer the best prices anywhere for USA Fenders and then when you went to buy one it was mysteriously without a case, which they wanted you to pay extra for... in spite of Fender listing them as a complete package only. I spent a couple of hours arguing with the shop manager of my one about it when I bought a USA Std Tele. He gave in eventually, but probably only because I threatened to write to Fender UK about it (this was pre-internet), or else he just thought I'd wasted enough of his time already...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7322
    ICBM said:
    I remember in the days of the old Sound Control, they used to offer the best prices anywhere for USA Fenders and then when you went to buy one it was mysteriously without a case, which they wanted you to pay extra for... in spite of Fender listing them as a complete package only. I spent a couple of hours arguing with the shop manager of my one about it when I bought a USA Std Tele. He gave in eventually, but probably only because I threatened to write to Fender UK about it (this was pre-internet), or else he just thought I'd wasted enough of his time already...
    ha! I seem to recall the magic "I'll throw in a case too" words from The Academy Of Sound too when I bought my first US Standard Tele :D
  • Alex2678Alex2678 Frets: 1168
    Alex2678 said:
    how different guitar history would’ve been if it hadn’t been so easy to take them off
    String changes, pickup height and saddle adjustments would have been a tad difficult. 
    Yeah good point