Some homemade guitars should be set on fire before anyone sees them ...

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• handsomerikhandsomerik Frets: 1008
    Perhaps Ernie Ball should do away with their gun oil and wax finished necks and go with the ‘thick varnish applied with a paintbrush’ look instead. It’s pretty special. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4265
    mbe said:
    WezV said:
    everyone's gotta start somewhere.
    That was his final effort after a run of 200 before he opened Bear Guitars.
    FTFY

Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3023

With that in mind how did Brian May and his dad get so much right first time, as far as they are concerned - I'm not sure if there was any mk1 or mk2 versions
    The other tangent that this sends me off at is to question how many other people have designed & built their own, innovative guitars that worked out really well but as a consequence of not being in Queen never came to our attention ? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • LogieLogie Frets: 445
    Holy mother of god! :)
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6424
     :s  
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • MattNovakMattNovak Frets: 907
    A handbuilt acoustic just popped up on a facebook page I follow with the soundhole off-centre. 
    www.theflyingacesband.com
    MattNovak said:
    A handbuilt acoustic just popped up on a facebook page I follow with the soundhole off-centre. 
    Come on then, show us!

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• MattNovakMattNovak Frets: 907
    MattNovak said:
    Come on then, show us!

Just to say that I didn't point it out on the guy's NGD post - and it's an American maker and owner so I think I'll be safe posting it here:

www.theflyingacesband.com
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    MattNovak said:
    MattNovak said:
    Come on then, show us!

Just to say that I didn't point it out on the guy's NGD post - and it's an American maker and owner so I think I'll be safe posting it here:

That's not as bad as I was expecting, tbh... although it would bug the hell out of me if it was mine

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73119
    It's probably slightly exaggerated by the photo angle not being perfectly square to the guitar, and/or the label being off-centre the other way - it's hard to tell which, or both. It is very slightly further toward the bass side if you compare the distances to the sides at the waist, but it wouldn't bother me personally.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28355
    ICBM said:
    It's probably slightly exaggerated by the photo angle not being perfectly square to the guitar, and/or the label being off-centre the other way - it's hard to tell which, or both. It is very slightly further toward the bass side if you compare the distances to the sides at the waist, but it wouldn't bother me personally.
    I couldn't live with that, clearly miles out! Just look at the end of the fretboard

Still, right to not point it out to the owner.
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    Noooo! It must be an optical illusion. Besides that, if it was crooked you wouldn't notice when playing it.