NPD: Ground-Breaking, Game-Changing - THE Best Pedal Made Thus Far ???

What's Hot

Comments

• dindudedindude Frets: 8573
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPGluFXMnsg&t=872s

Danish Pete has just done a video. 

Still not blown away by the sounds he's getting.
    Agree, I really want to like it as it is a great concept but it needs to sound exceptional for me to part that kinda cash, not hearing it right now 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17874
    tFB Trader
    dindude said:

Agree, I really want to like it as it is a great concept but it needs to sound exceptional for me to part that kinda cash, not hearing it right now 

I think this concept has been done better by Boss at a quarter of the price:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I think this concept has been done better by Boss at a quarter of the price:

There was also the Elektron Drive which I quite liked, although I grant you the shape of that pedal isn't for everyone.

Regarding the Boss, I  like the sounds in that demo but it's digital innit? Some people want analog toanz only man ;-)

Chase Bliss is never going to win the VFM argument though, not even I can do that and I am quite the fan boy!
    Link to my trading feedback: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58787/
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5321
    Lebarque said:
    mgaw said:
    but I do wish @ThorpyFX would do his peedals in a more conventional enclsure...they bloody drive me mad.....sound great but look like mecanno to geeks like me
    ve 
    Agree, but kind of like the quirkiness, warts and all. There's no mistaking them for the standard MXR-style enclosure. A bit of personality.

Ps. @mgaw and I seem to be having a bit of a Fri night love-in. Have you had a few beers too?
    indeed I had had some red wine @Lebarque    
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9708
    dindude said:

Except it sounds cack... ;)
    tFB Trader

Except it sounds cack...

Everyone's ears are different, but to me he's getting better tones out of the Boss. 

The OD1-X / DS-1X is genuinely a game changing pedal though. Nothing else sounds quite like it and it does something genuinely new.

I've found do-it-all MIDI super pedals to be the worst of all worlds in terms of workflow so I'm definitely not the target market.
  • hoopshoops Frets: 234
    A very cheap looking expensive pedal!
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9708

Except it sounds cack...

Everyone's ears are different, but to me he's getting better tones out of the Boss. 

The OD1-X / DS-1X is genuinely a game changing pedal though. Nothing else sounds quite like it and it does something genuinely new.

I've found do-it-all MIDI super pedals to be the worst of all worlds in terms of workflow so I'm definitely not the target market.
    Yep, we all have different opinions, and probably different starting points.

I owned thta Boss, amd i just found it average, tbh... regardless of price.
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3825
    I don't really see how a distortion pedal can sound much better than the rest. There's no magic, it's just simple circuitry. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73031
    I don't really see how a distortion pedal can sound much better than the rest. There's no magic, it's just simple circuitry. 
    There is no magic, and the circuitry is usually simple, but the subtleties of different components are vast and can make an enormous difference to the result, because the human ear/brain has evolved to distinguish tiny nuances within complex sounds.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    ICBM said:
    There is no magic, and the circuitry is usually simple, but the subtleties of different components are vast and can make an enormous difference to the result, because the human ear/brain has evolved to distinguish tiny nuances within complex sounds.

I get that, obviously some sound better than others, but there's only so many ways to make a distortion pedal and there's got to be thousands upon thousands of pedals out there, so I'd be very surprised if someone came up with a circuit that sounded way better than any other.

Fwiw the two dirt pedals I'm using at the moment, one cost £25 the other cost £30 (OK, it was sh) and I honestly don't believe the sound could be massively improved upon. 
    ICBM said:

I get that, obviously some sound better than others, but there's only so many ways to make a distortion pedal and there's got to be thousands upon thousands of pedals out there, so I'd be very surprised if someone came up with a circuit that sounded way better than any other.

Fwiw the two dirt pedals I'm using at the moment, one cost £25 the other cost £30 (OK, it was sh) and I honestly don't believe the sound could be massively improved upon. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    ICBM said:

I imagine Joyo could clone the Benson for £30 if they had a mind to
  • Ahh but is it true bypass ;)
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    It would be good if there some demos showing it with amps that already have some gain everything I’ve seen is just clean amp and blues, blues, ambient and some more blues.

Surely they must be able to get it into people who can do other styles of music.
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7363
    Does it djent?
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1823
    Does it djent?
    It would certainly make a massive djent in my bank account ;) 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pmgpmg Frets: 301
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5321
    that's a true reflection of how good the Pre amp is imo….amazing sounding drive pedal
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12050
    pmg said:
    I have, and it’s the first video where the sound they got from it that I thought “damn, that’s good”.