SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Edwards White Les Paul Custom

What's Hot

Comments

• Jeddy3Jeddy3 Frets: 83
    Bump
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bump
  • I’ve seen loads on eBay recently, all around 2.5k. If you’re looking to pay less try and find a slightly beaten up one!
    edited November 2020
    I’ve seen loads on eBay recently, all around 2.5k. If you’re looking to pay less try and find a slightly beaten up one!
    Cheers. Yeah the ones I’ve seen all seem to have richlite fretboards. Shouldn’t really put me off, but it does. Close to buying a Maybach.
    Bump
    Bump. Still looking.
  • Manics fan?
    Good luck with the search, the white Gibson ones I’ve seen over the years have been really nicely finished, things of beauty. A 90’s or early 2000’s model would be ageing nicely by now , and would have the ebony fingerboard. 

Would be worth setting up a search alert on gumtree as they sometimes crop up on there.
    Manics fan?
    Good luck with the search, the white Gibson ones I’ve seen over the years have been really nicely finished, things of beauty. A 90’s or early 2000’s model would be ageing nicely by now , and would have the ebony fingerboard. 

Would be worth setting up a search alert on gumtree as they sometimes crop up on there.
    Haha yes of course! I’m guessing you are as well judging by your username? Yes a nicely aged, slightly yellowed example would be lovely. Not actually a big fan of pure snow white looking ones. I’d still be happy with an Edwards or Maybach equivalent if I can’t find the real deal! 
  • paul111spaul111s Frets: 121
    edited February 2021
    You’ll have to get one with a headstock repair , be more of a JDB replica then   :-)
    Haha yeah hopefully it’ll be cheaper too! 
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10513
  • Jeddy3 said:
    Manics fan?

Haha yes of course! I’m guessing you are as well judging by your username? Yes a nicely aged, slightly yellowed example would be lovely. Not actually a big fan of pure snow white looking ones. I’d still be happy with an Edwards or Maybach equivalent if I can’t find the real deal! 
    Yeah that’s right! 
    Another option might be an Orville or ‘Orville by Gibson’ Custom, one or both of those models has the long tenon and I’ve heard are really well made.

• I got mine for that reason.. always used to stare at his from a Design for Life. For reference, mines a custom shop 2004 with an ebony board, going a bit yellow. Got it for 2k on ebay. 
    Jeddy3 said:
    Manics fan?

Yeah that’s right! 
    Another option might be an Orville or ‘Orville by Gibson’ Custom, one or both of those models has the long tenon and I’ve heard are really well made.

Yeah I am open to other makes, I was originally just looking for another Edwards as that had the long tenon and Ebony board. Biggest mistake I ever made getting rid of that!

camerondavidsonmusic said:
    I got mine for that reason.. always used to stare at his from a Design for Life. For reference, mines a custom shop 2004 with an ebony board, going a bit yellow. Got it for 2k on ebay. 
    Sounds like a beauty. If you fancy trading for my Les Paul Trad Pro let me know
  • NerineNerine Frets: 2379
    What’s your budget? 
    I have a 2008 Alpine White Custom that’s seen some love, has a few dings, is yellowing quite nicely and has a proper ebony board, that I could be tempted to let go as I do really want an R8. 
    Hi. Not too sure really but I wouldn’t want anything too dinged up. What would you be looking for? 
    Bump
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6343
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    edited June 2021
    I don’t think I can justify the expense of a Gibson at the moment so still on the lookout for an Edwards custom or other quality build with Ebony board.