Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Favorite Scottish Bands?

What's Hot
12345679»

Comments

• Strangeways.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DungusDungus Frets: 170
    yocky said:
    Primal Scream
    Beta Band
    Teenage Fanclub 

and Urusei Yatsura, who've disappeared so far from view that I often doubt if they actually existed. 

Fergus has just released some new music as Paper Birch and Graham seems to be really on top of the band's socials, keeping them updated with all manner of stuff, including new t-shirts.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Archie Fisher
    Dananananaykroyd
    Also, check out the yearly SAY Award shortlists, there's all manner of great new Scottish stuff to find. From Young Fathers, Bossy Love to (my current favourite) Andrew Wasylyk.
  • yockyyocky Frets: 812
    Dungus said:

Dananananaykroyd
    Was going to mention them

That Hey Everyone album never seemed to get the love it deserved.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72445
    The Spook School

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12914
    edited October 2020
    Dungus said:
    Also, check out the yearly SAY Award shortlists, there's all manner of great new Scottish stuff to find. From Young Fathers, Bossy Love to (my current favourite) Andrew Wasylyk.
    Two of my current favourite Scottish bands are on the list, I think: Cloth and Domiciles. 

Domiciles are kinda psychedelic-shoe-gaze-y

Cloth are a lot harder to describe...minimalist indie with a hint of electronica influences

• DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    I remember my dad blasting Big Country in the Sierra Sapphire in the 90s. =)

I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1527
    edited October 2020

• FastEddieFastEddie Frets: 559
    Big Country. 

One of the sounds of my yoof. Those souring anthems. Still love them and have a few records from the day.
    If I had talent, I'd be talented.
    Red meat and functional mushrooms.
    Persistent and inconsistent guitar player.
    A lefty, hence a fog of permanent frustration

Not enough guitars, pedals, and cricket bats.
    USA Deluxe Strat - Martyn Booth Special - Electromatic
    FX Plex - Cornell Romany
  • Probably showing my millennial credentials here, but my favourites would be Travis, Franz Ferdinand, and if we are allowing solo artists, one of my guilty pleasures is Paulo Nutini. Honourable mention for the Horrors for their first album Strange House, but subsequent albums have been nothing like that so I can't count them as a favourite, but a good runner up nontheless

Seen them all live at one point or another (Travis three times!). I'm sure the three favourites will be considered derivative drivel by most but Travis' The Man Who was the first proper album I bought (on cassette as well! as a musically confused 12 year old) and I still listen to them a lot now, possibly even more so. Their guitarist is very underrated in my opinion
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • yockyyocky Frets: 812
     Honourable mention for the Horrors for their first album Strange House, but subsequent albums have been nothing like that so I can't count them as a favourite, but a good runner up nontheless

Has Scotland annexed Southend on Sea?

• yocky said:
     Honourable mention for the Horrors for their first album Strange House, but subsequent albums have been nothing like that so I can't count them as a favourite, but a good runner up nontheless

Has Scotland annexed Southend on Sea?

How bizarre, I was certain they were Scottish! I stand corrected, apologies for that
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic