Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

PMT Autumn sale on...

What's Hot

Comments

• JetfireJetfire Frets: 1717
    Looks like they have updated the site now, seems like stock has been removed thats sold..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Wish I’d seen this thread before ‘buying’ the Brad Paisley Tele about an hour ago.
    d’oh!
    Last 3 things I bought from PMT were out of stock despite showing as in stock at the time. Useless system they have which is pretty pants in this day and age. First time was a guitar and lead, second a mixer, none of which they actually had.

They were also useless at updating with me having to chase them only once they hadn’t been delivered. Just a ‘yeah, sorry about that’ after a few phone calls. Also had a manager who monitors the google reviews promise to follow up but he never did.
  • These stories are pretty appaling. Think I'll stay well clear from buying anything from their website.
  • I used to love their old Romford store, S/h stuff round every corner and cheap too. But never on website which seems to lag behind most big stores? Loads of this “preloaded” gear never made their preloved section of website.

• Surely in this digital age of immediacy, a large company can have accurate live stock on their website? It’s not really excusable being able to take someone’s money just to hold it for a few days and then give it back (at a push it seems!) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Would it be better to phone the store to purchase something so you know it's definitely in stock?

In fairness if there is only one of a specific B Stock item, they can't necessarily remove it the second it sells online
    I'm scared and I'm waiting for life
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5636
    So thecolourbox said:

In fairness if there is only one of a specific B Stock item, they can't necessarily remove it the second it sells online
    Why not? IF transaction = success THEN stock level = x - 1. 

If it turns out to be fraudulent or whatever then they reverse it manually and put it back live. Most other e-commerce sites can deal with this in real time so there is really no excuse, especially as they literally just made this new site. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • In fairness if there is only one of a specific B Stock item, they can't necessarily remove it the second it sells online
    Why not? 

Everyone else seems to manage it. It really isn't that hard to have your stock deplete as people buy it, given that all the transactions are electronic. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    Can we not turn this in a PMT bashing thread? I think we kinda covered that now. My item certainly has gone from the website :)  
  • The BP Tele is still there.
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10389
    edited September 2020
    Whitecat said:
    So thecolourbox said:

If it turns out to be fraudulent or whatever then they reverse it manually and put it back live. Most other e-commerce sites can deal with this in real time so there is really no excuse, especially as they literally just made this new site. 
    But I meant like, say you purchased an item online, but I was stood in the queue waiting to buy the same item in store... How would they deal with that?
    I'm scared and I'm waiting for life
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5636
    Whitecat said:
    So thecolourbox said:

But I meant like, say you purchased an item online, but I was stood in the queue waiting to buy the same item in store... How would they deal with that?
    I’m sure that can happen but almost certainly not very often and of course if it did then the shop buyer wins. With PMT it does look like this is far beyond that - it’s a non-real-time inventory management system and that sucks because it’s causing all sorts of bad will. 
  • Whitecat said:
    So thecolourbox said:

Presumably they have some sort of database behind the scenes which stores all of their products. Should be pretty easy for all the stores and the online side to access that central info. If product X is purchased online 20 mins ago, that should flag in the shop instantly if somebody tries to buy it 20 mins later. There's no excuse, and I'm glad I read this because I had no idea they had these issues.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12333
    The BP Tele is still there.
    I can imagine they must sold at least half a dozen of those!
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 4081
    No one tempted by the B-stock Martin D-28 that is more expensive than most other ones in the country at the moment?
    Just had a notification to say my amps turning up today.... This is not good for domestic bliss
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Reading between the lines jetfire and I may be wrong but this is still showing as in stock
    https://www.pmtonline.co.uk/pre-loved-marshall-tsl6101lm-anniversary-series-guitar-combo

wonder how many people have bought it
    Well if DPD are delivering between 1 and 2 as they say, I'll be happy.  I did check last night and it had gone from the search results when I looked.
  • Good on you Jet
    as in every lottery someone has to win it!
    and PMT seems a lottery 
  • I just spotted a Yamaha A1M acoustic for £167. I had to take a chance at that price. Hopefully it is actually in stock and the price is correct!!