So when you aren't playing your guitars...

What's Hot
Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 2136
So when you aren't playing your guitars where do you keep them? 

1) In their respective cases
2) On single/multiple guitar stands 
3) Prop them up in the corner of the room.
4) Hang them on the wall

Most of mine are cased but I always rotate at least a couple out on single guitar stands ready to hand. My Thunderbird bass (my only bass) is always on a stand because I don't have a case for it. I've never hung a guitar off the wall. I just don't get that.   

Also, who keeps a beater that you don't mind it getting a bit used and abused and what is it. I have a Fender acoustic that fits that bill and that does often gets propped in the corner or plonked on the settee so I can just noodle on it during the ad breaks.  

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12333
    I only leave 1 guitar out, the rest of them in their cases.  I don’t have a rack or wall hangers so can’t have too many out to save room.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74482
    My good acoustic lives on a wall hanger in the living room - it looks nice there, I can pick it up easily if I feel like playing it, and it's out of cat range. There's usually an electric, my cheap acoustic with a pickup in and sometimes a bass on stands in the workshop for testing things, and the rest are in cases in the 'music cupboard'.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12886
    My nice acoustic is on the lounge wall. My jag and tele are in a case and a bag in my bedroom, my 335 is under the sofa currently until I get a wall hanger to put it up in the office. 
  • pigfacepigface Frets: 213
    Looking around my library/office/'studio' in the attic, I have on stands a few guitars: a Casio electric, my main guitar, within reach as I sit at my PC; a Tele a bit behind me against the wall, where it looks good next to a Monet print; an acoustic bass behind and to the left; and a Spanish guitar off to the left next to the Marshall beer fridge. Ovation in its case. And an oil-can uke next to the Tele. I don't know why I have all these guitars out as I barely play any of them.
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 8078
    edited October 2020
    Cases, otherwise the cases take up too much space. Keep the dust off. Bags are handy as you can leave them unzipped and slide in and out.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 20590
    Devil#20 said:
    So when you aren't playing your guitars where do you keep them? 

1) In their respective cases
    2) On single/multiple guitar stands 
    3) Prop them up in the corner of the room.
    4) Hang them on the wall
    Yes, these options, I like to keep it simple...
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 905
    One battered strat stays out most of the time, the rest go in a large fire safe I converted into guitar storage.

I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I've got one on a stand in the lounge. Three on stands in my bedroom.

The rest are in gig bags. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Mine are on a 5 guitar stand , but I’m down to 3 now
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5320
    Gadget said:
    One battered strat stays out most of the time, the rest go in a large fire safe I converted into guitar storage.

I’d get some corks for those pointy ones.... they’ll have an eye out if you’re not careful  =)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ColsCols Frets: 7727
    ICBM said:
    My good acoustic lives on a wall hanger in the living room - it looks nice there, I can pick it up easily if I feel like playing it, and it's out of cat range. There's usually an electric, my cheap acoustic with a pickup in and sometimes a bass on stands in the workshop for testing things, and the rest are in cases in the 'music cupboard'.
    I’m intrigued.  What would the cat do to your acoustic if it was within range?
  • Two on wall hangers in the office, one on wall hanger in the living room. I have a toddler :) The rest in cases/bags in a cupboard, but there's usually a Fender propped up in a corner in the office, because theres very little that can happen to them from a structural POV, realistically (one's a relic, and I don't care if the other one gets reliced naturally).

For that same reason, the one on the wall in the living room is always a Fender, as I'm worried about a stray ball or a toy flung in a fit of rage flying into a Gibson. :)
    Click here to see me butchering some classic solos!
  • Guitars are to be enjoyed and played, not stored away in cases in a cupboard.
    Mine are all out on multiple guitar stands here and there all over my Gaff.
    Cases are all up the loft.....If l had to keep guitars in their cases or stored away in cupboards etc, they would not get played as much as they do......got to keep them handy and at the ready, you never know when inspiration is going to strike.....

• MoominpapaMoominpapa Frets: 1649
    Cols said:
    Play 'Classical Gas' for hours on end - cats are arseholes like that.

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34318
    All of them are on stands or on the walls of the studio.
    Only a few rare and valuable instruments are in their cases.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25100
    All in cases or gigbags.  I haven't got any floor space for stands or wall space for hangers.
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Cols said:
    ICBM said:
    You obviously don't have a cat!
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    I have some on wall hangers, two on stands As they don't have cases and the rest in storage in cases.
    I try to rotate the storage and wall hanger guitars so they all get played.
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4972
    I only leave 1 guitar out, the rest of them in their cases.  I don’t have a rack or wall hangers so can’t have too many out to save room.
    Similar here. All in cases, and generally 1 out at anyone time, but sometimes 2. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 7024
    When I’m not playing? 

Whats that?
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom