So when you aren't playing your guitars...

What's Hot

Comments

• ColsCols Frets: 7727
    ennspek said:
    Cols said:
    ICBM said:
    My good acoustic lives on a wall hanger in the living room - it looks nice there, I can pick it up easily if I feel like playing it, and it's out of cat range. There's usually an electric, my cheap acoustic with a pickup in and sometimes a bass on stands in the workshop for testing things, and the rest are in cases in the 'music cupboard'.
    I’m intrigued.  What would the cat do to your acoustic if it was within range?
    You obviously don't have a cat!
    I’ve got three of the blighters, and all my guitars are out on cat-accessible stands.

What are they doing to my guitars when I’m not looking?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Three regulars on a Stand-Made wood rack accessible in office/studio, a few others in gigbags in office with the rest in gigbags in spare room (PRS's are in hard cases though).  Other original hard cases stored in loft.
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7348
    All of these

1) In their respective cases
    2) On single/multiple guitar stands 
    3) Prop them up in the corner of the room.
    4) Hang them on the wall

I have around 16 - 20 in my office and the rest are either propped up by my bed, which currently has three by it or in cases around the house.

• DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2228
    All the electrics are on a five guitar quiklok rack and the one acoustic is on a small travel stand. The cat seems to have stopped chewing strings (to be fair only if the string ends haven't been snipped, which is inexcusable anyway).
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1222
    One out on a stand. Rest away. I seem to rotate week-by-week without realising it until thinking about it now.
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 10072
    edited October 2020
    So, when I’m not playing my guitars...

Like most of you...

I look at pictures of guitars
    I browse internet fora about guitars
    I read about guitars
    I listen to people playing guitars
    I watch programmes about people playing guitars 
    I think about guitars

Oh, and I drink beer ;-)
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Mine are both on wall hangers in my office. My Jackson is right by my desk so I can grab it whenever I need a break from work, and the RG is on the other side of the room, with my bass 
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• ICBMICBM Frets: 74482
    Cols said:

Given how much he hates me playing the guitar, I’m not convinced I want to find out!

He once got into my workshop store, took one look at an amp, and immediately pissed on it. To be fair, it was a Marshall JTM60, so he did have some justification...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 2136
    edited October 2020
    I've been working from home since lockdown, except for the odd occasion when I have to go in to sort out some stuff on the flight simulator. So it's the first time I've had a dedicated home office. It soon became apparent that I had to attend some long boring Skype meetings where my input could be short and brief at times. Anyway, I moved a small Yamaha TH10X, a guitar stand and a guitar in there to play when things got a bit boring.. I rotate the guitar every few days. At the moment it's happens to be a G&L Tele. During a recent meeting I was asked to give a bit of a brief on something and when I'd finished I picked the guitar up and plugged in. I forgot to mute the mic and gave them a full rendition of Little Wing and just launched into the vocals when I realised I was still on the mic. I now get asked if I'm going to give a musical interlude during the proceedings. At least they saw the funny side of it. There's been a few incidents that have been far more embarrassing; not me I hasten to add. I now don't use the headset and instead use the laptop speaker so I know when someone is shouting at me to shut up. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dan_HalenDan_Halen Frets: 1682
    Cols said:
    ICBM said:
    My good acoustic lives on a wall hanger in the living room - it looks nice there, I can pick it up easily if I feel like playing it, and it's out of cat range. There's usually an electric, my cheap acoustic with a pickup in and sometimes a bass on stands in the workshop for testing things, and the rest are in cases in the 'music cupboard'.
    Play Stairway. The bastard. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    On a rack right next to me.

Hate the idea of keeping them in cases, I like to be able to grab any of them at any time.

I'm never more than 10 seconds away from playing any of my guitars or basses.

• 0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FezFez Frets: 577
    Normally two in cases ready to gig the rest on wall hangers except Taylor acoustic which lives in its semi hard case. I play them in rotation but at the moment on top of covid we are decorating so the music room has been invaded.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 3001
    I have both of mine on wall hangers. If they were in cases I'd never play them, but now they're easy to grab when I have a spare few minutes waiting for the kettle to boil etc!
  • 4 of my 6 electrics are in a rack, 2 main teaching guitars and a drop tuned band guitar and a Les Paul that rotates with another Les Paul in a hard case. Another Les Paul Junior lives in its case in another room as it doesn't get played much. My acoustics are in cases in another room as they won't fit in the rack.
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389

*snip*
    That post nearly had my eye out :)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BowksBowks Frets: 446
    Mine are all stored in hard cases in our home office/spare bedroom. There’s usually one out in a stand, currently it’s an EBMM Luke, for a work break noodle every now and then through a Yamaha THR10.

• For electrics the hard cases go in the loft as soon as I buy. Acoustics I do keep in cases. 

I have 4 wall hangers which are used for the ones I am playing most at the moment. I have a few sleeves/gig bags for the rest that live in a cupboard. 
  • Used to always use cases only but complete pain in the butt. Now all rest on guitar stands, ready to be picked up with zero hassle.
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1917
    Mine are stuffed in a wardrobe, except for one body hanging in the garage waiting to sprayed. 
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.