So when you aren't playing your guitars...

What's Hot

Comments

• prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 4081
    2 electrics and an acoustic in the lounge, the rest out on racks in the "studio".

I find if they're in a case they may as well not exist.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3457
    Mine live in their cases when not in use. Safer and tidier.
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3847
    One on a stand, the rest in cases.

I don't play them all regularly and don't like them getting dusty if they sit out.

After all, how long does it take to get a guitar out of a case  - 5 seconds?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • YellowLedBetterManYellowLedBetterMan Frets: 1201
    edited October 2020
    On a rack in the study which is an exact fit into a recess in the wall where the boiler used to be. An idea from the other half which at the time seemed a good idea, but in reality is just a ploy to ensure I only have space for 7 guitars at a time.
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
  • I have several, but tend to play a Music Man Majesty the most.  Second in line (although I just received it) is a STROBELCASTER, which is a portable Strat-like guitar (you can detach the neck from the body).
  • I keep my main acoustic on a stand next to my desk for easy-access when WFH, but the rest are on a rack in the same room. I don't keep them in cases as a) I'm less likely to use them and,. b) I don't have any kids around so have a low likelihood of them getting damaged.
  • I don't have enough bags/cases for my guitars to be all away. Them not being posh ones like. 

• Balrog68Balrog68 Frets: 100
    Two basses, 1 electric, 1 acoustic hung up and 1 classical and a flying v on a stand. Two acoustics in cases in the attic 
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Mostly always in cases and gig bags. I do sometimes leave my small acoustic out, in the spare room, where I learn songs, or play along to songs, but that lives mostly in its case, too..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• There's a strat, a nylon string and an acoustic on stands, but the rest are in cases or gig bags. Most of the ones I use are in unzipped gig bags on a seven-guitar rack, for easy access. I'd like a guitar hanger next to my work computer (for instant access), but it would have to be attached to a shelf rather than a wall, and I don't know if there's a good solution for that. 
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 10072
    Sesh said:
    ...one body hanging in the garage...
    Do we need to involve the police?
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MilkMilk Frets: 84
    I only own 4 guitars and only one of them is in a state to play so that guitars usually sits in the living room on a stand so it gets picked up often and move around the house depending where i am spending my time. 

2 other guitars are in bits in the cellar and i have a fire damaged telecaster kit with no electrics also in the living room waiting for a idea if i can do anything with it.
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 2136
    Neil said:
    One on a stand, the rest in cases.

I don't play them all regularly and don't like them getting dusty if they sit out.

After all, how long does it take to get a guitar out of a case  - 5 seconds?
    A lot less time than cleaning the damn things anyway. :-)

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • All on the wall. 
  • LogieLogie Frets: 449
    edited October 2020
    The two Fenders stay out on the stand.
    The Les Paul stays in the case :)

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28397
    The main two, one has an 'open' soft case so I can whip it out. the other is leaned up against the washing machine in the Studio (or utility room, as the wife calls it). It is literally the world's smallest studio.  

They are both aged finish so I'm no bothered by the odd bash. 
  • At night I normally tell them a bed time story then tuck them up in their cases.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 2136
    At night I normally tell them a bed time story then tuck them up in their cases.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that does that. I thought I was being weird. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

• Guitars that I might play live (acoustic, bass and a couple of electrics) are on stands in my music room. The rest of my home builds are on wall in my office. 
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16677
    Dan_Halen said:
    Cols said:
    ICBM said:
    My good acoustic lives on a wall hanger in the living room - it looks nice there, I can pick it up easily if I feel like playing it, and it's out of cat range. There's usually an electric, my cheap acoustic with a pickup in and sometimes a bass on stands in the workshop for testing things, and the rest are in cases in the 'music cupboard'.
    I’m intrigued.  What would the cat do to your acoustic if it was within range?
    Play Stairway. The bastard. 
    Thought you were going to say Play Stray Cat Strut but I guess he needs a Gretsch for that