Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Stairway to Heaven solo redone

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• skinfreakskinfreak Frets: 225
    andy_k said:
    Phil X has done a few recreations of Ed's stuff, he gets it.
    Imagine how he feels having had this released a day or so before Ed dies?
    Weird choice, weird timing.
    Beato did a live video as the news of EVH's passing broke and was shaken up by it. Said he'd spoken to Phil X as well - very surreal. 

I have to say I watch Beato like its normal TV. Very enjoyable, and I learn a lot from him. And the point of this is a simple "what if?". But he clearly went through a lot of effort for this and I like the idea generally. I agree that EJ was not my favourite, and Phil X edges it over Beato's Frampton. I think Beato went for Frampton deliberately as a left-field choice, but also previously interviewing him and being a major fan.

I'd like to think that next time a pub band launches into this, the guitarist could do their take and not ape Jimmy Page. Maybe that's the mark of a poor covers band but I like the overall idea. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6232
    I really enjoyed that, a few minutes of good entertainment. 

Phil X must be the nicest, loveliest and most humble know-it-all, genius virtuoso on the internet.
  • The great thing about EJ is if you'd of been blindfolded you could have heard the glorious tone and realised it was him straight away, I liked it and he did it in the spirit it was meant as - a bit of fun. I would have preferred Tom morello having a go with a Digitech Whammy though!!