Dexter returns

What's Hot

Comments

• Tone71Tone71 Frets: 632
    edited December 2021
    TimmyO said:
    If we’re aiming for spoiler free that’s probably worth editing ^

Can't see where there is  a spoiler tbh,

Harrison has been in it since episode 1, it's not an episode specific comment.

Edited to keep the thread spoiler free

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7710
    And for someone yet to watch episode 1 and get that reveal? 
    Red ones are better. 
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2450
    So, final episode is this Sunday (or Monday morning here in the UK on NOW TV). Personally I've been really enjoying having Dexter back in my life - this is such a breath of fresh air after the turds that were seasons 7 and 8.

However, I have a horrible feeling I know how this is going to end....
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24843
    FarleyUK said:
    So, final episode is this Sunday (or Monday morning here in the UK on NOW TV). Personally I've been really enjoying having Dexter back in my life - this is such a breath of fresh air after the turds that were seasons 7 and 8.

However, I have a horrible feeling I know how this is going to end....

I think Dexter has to die. Americans NEVER let the murderers get away with it forever, no matter how 'hearts in the right place' they seem to be. Ultimately he murdered hundreds of people, and allowed someone else to be framed for them. And I think that Harrison will be the one to kill him because of that.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• Tone71Tone71 Frets: 632
    Just watched the final episode, really enjoyed the whole season.
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1400
    Episodes 9 and 10 to go. Enjoyed it so far
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 888
    That’s not good! Very, very, disappointed.
    I don’t see how it could be any other way.

• I think there was an inevitability about the outcome.

Not that i dont have questions but Ill leave it a few days for everyone to catch up.

At first I thought the ending was brilliant - but now I'm not so sure. And how dare they blue-ball us with 'that' reunion - I'd have loved to have seen that!

Was also hoping for a ghost Doakes appearance; "Surprise, Motherf*cker".

Still, better than season 8's ending... I think?
  • Tone71 said:
    Just watched the final episode, really enjoyed the whole season.
    Same here.
    It's not a competition.
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3214
    tFB Trader
    I thoroughly enjoyed the entire thing...full of nostalgia for the original run and even a couple of classic kills. The story was good and it certainly proved that the format still works even if set in colder weather.

I had hoped for a different outcome...but they've left room for a H spin-off if the fans want it enough.

9/10
    *I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2954
    edited January 2022
    I too can see a H spin off, with him being guided by ghost Dad.

What gets me are two out of character moments.  Dex killing the police officer in order to escape and the police chief letting H go.  This was significantly out of character for Dexter, to kill an innocent person, and the police chief  was asking Dexter Morgen for help a couple of episodes back with the body in the cave. She knew who he was and was willing to let that go to seek revenge for her childhood buddy, what changed.

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more annoyed I am with how they handled the ending. The end itself was fine - but the 10 minutes before it was so out of character it was bizarre.

He didn't have to do anything - if he'd have waited, any lawyer worth their salt could have got him off the charges. Even is Bautista arrived, would they really want to re-open the BHB case... knowing full well Miami Metro looked like utter clowns last time?

Sure, faking your death and changing your name looks rather iffy, but not illegal. And what evidence was there for the BHB matching the kills in Iron lake - junkies with needle marks, traces of ketamine (which the BHB DIDN"T EVEN USE!!!!) and a leg pin that could easily be explained as being planted by your local enemy.

Just seems bizarre.

In my head-canon, the attack on Logan was Dexter running through a scenario in his head.
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3214
    tFB Trader
    FarleyUK said:
    Yeah, the more I think about it, the more annoyed I am with how they handled the ending. The end itself was fine - but the 10 minutes before it was so out of character it was bizarre.

He didn't have to do anything - if he'd have waited, any lawyer worth their salt could have got him off the charges. Even is Bautista arrived, would they really want to re-open the BHB case... knowing full well Miami Metro looked like utter clowns last time?

Sure, faking your death and changing your name looks rather iffy, but not illegal. And what evidence was there for the BHB matching the kills in Iron lake - junkies with needle marks, traces of ketamine (which the BHB DIDN"T EVEN USE!!!!) and a leg pin that could easily be explained as being planted by your local enemy.

Just seems bizarre.

In my head-canon, the attack on Logan was Dexter running through a scenario in his head.

Dexter could have easily said "I left Miami to chase the real BHB and ended up in Iron Lake, eventually discovering that he was called Kurt Caldwell and carried on serial killing here. Look, here's his trophy room underneath the cabin..."

*I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7710
    The whole series was weak. 
    Red ones are better. 
    RiftAmps said:
    FarleyUK said:

Just seems bizarre.

Dexter could have easily said "I left Miami to chase the real BHB and ended up in Iron Lake, eventually discovering that he was called Kurt Caldwell and carried on serial killing here. Look, here's his trophy room underneath the cabin..."

Trouble with that is that Kurt wasn't in Miami, and none of the bodies matched the BHB's MO.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    FarleyUK said:
    RiftAmps said:
    FarleyUK said:

Just seems bizarre.

Trouble with that is that Kurt wasn't in Miami, and none of the bodies matched the BHB's MO.
    Quite.

None of Kurt's were unpunished criminals.

• ColsCols Frets: 7273
    Bit of an odd ending.

SPOILERS!  READ NO FURTHER IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE LAST EPISODE!

The evidence of the titanium leg pins could have been easily explained away: the police chief has just received an anonymous envelope through the door with a note stating "Jim Lindsay killed Matt Caldwell" and the incriminating pins.  On the very same night, Dexter's cabin is burned down and a matching titanium pin is found in the ashes.  Any attorney with half a brain could have pointed out that it looked like an obvious setup; plant the evidence, torch the cabin and tip off the cops.

I genuinely couldn't see how Dexter killed Logan.  It looked like the gun just went off beside his ear, how did he die?  Fatally perforated eardrum?  

FWIW, I thought Harrison was going to try and shoot Dexter, but forget to take the enormously foreshadowed safety catch on the rifle off, and Dexter would have escaped.  Hey ho.
    Also - remember in episode 1 when Angela specifically checked her doorbell camera to see Audrey bringing loads of people into her house...? Why couldn't she do that to see who left the envelope for her?

GrEaT pOlIcE wOrK, cHiEf.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom