Heads Up massive private collection is being sold without reserve

What's Hot

Comments

• HattigolHattigol Frets: 8361
    Just looked at the guitars.
    Gobsmacked? No.
    I cannot recall the last time I was so underwhelmed. 
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6464
    edited October 2020
    Looks like a right load of tat with a few goodies, but given the Les Paul has been called out as a Chibson, are the Gretsch, Hofners, Fenders & Rickenbackers legit ?

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5529
    wtf
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8122

Nothing for me...other than maybe the Eko. 

Most stuff cheap and cheerful/run-of-the-mill.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • martmart Frets: 5213
    Can anyone identify if that Ricky at the end is legit?
    I don’t see anything looking dodgy about it, and certainly the case looks correct to me. The only question in my mind is when it’s from, since it’s got toasters, which make it older, but the fully slotted headstock, which makes it younger. I don’t know exactly when either of these changed though.

Hopefully some proper Ric experts can give a more informed opinion. If it is legit, it does stand out among a pile of midrange stuff.

If anybody does go and collect, do drop into the chip shop - as I recall it did the best fish and chips on the whole east coast.
  • MikeSMikeS Frets: 2146
    edited October 2020
    Completely pointless exercise if you ask me. If the auction house isn't even prepared to get involved in handling packing/postage, and is leaving it up to any buyer. The cost to arrange postage and a third party packer would be approx £60 per guitar, which is pretty much more than the value of most of them. I would expect very very low sale prices and local buyers. A total waste of energy I would imagine for all involved.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14266
    Does this spam come in tins?

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • The  Gretch G5420T is the modern version sure enough but it seems legit and they still sell for around £900 with a case so that may be a bargain if that is your thing?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8499
    Other forums tale a dim view of spammers like this, likely wouldn’t get a second attempt. 
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10389
    I just got a quote from Pack & Send, out of idle curiosity really to see how much the packing and sending would be on top of what could be a low bid for something. For a 10kg guitar sized parcel....£194.62!!!!!

And this does not include transit cover for loss or damage, another 4% on top of that.

They say it's because their office, which I had to choose myself which one was nearest and have no idea where places are in Scotland, is in Edinburgh which is 110 miles so costs more.

I think I might pass...
    I'm scared and I'm waiting for life
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6938
    Good hit for a first post! Well done OP. 
  • TheMarlin said:
    Other forums tale a dim view of spammers like this, likely wouldn’t get a second attempt. 
    I am not a spammer I posted this because I was interested and thought others may be!
    I have no interest in the outcome except that I want one of the low end acoustics.
    I have built instruments for over 35 years and tried to play for 60 but when you are old and wrinkly it is sometimes good to talk even via forums!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • diapdiap Frets: 135
    I feel sorry for the dead guy!

If he hadn't spent all that money on cheap tat he might have been able to afford and play a decent guitar before he died.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • MikeSMikeS Frets: 2146
    edited October 2020
    TheMarlin said:
    I am not a spammer I posted this because I was interested and thought others may be!
    I have no interest in the outcome except that I want one of the low end acoustics.

If you were genuine about bidding on a low end acoustic at an auction, the last thing you want to be doing is telling 10,000 people about it. =)

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • mart said:
    If anybody does go and collect, do drop into the chip shop - as I recall it did the best fish and chips on the whole east coast.
    Sadly the chipper changed hands .was leased out and went downhill so now OK if it is even open but there are better in the area!

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15276
    How much to have Inverbervie fish and chips packed and couriered to my door?
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10389
    I'll run a quote through Pack and Send. My estimate would be £263.78 if you want insurance and salt and vinegar
    I'm scared and I'm waiting for life
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KoaKoa Frets: 123
    I'll run a quote through Pack and Send. My estimate would be £263.78 if you want insurance and salt and vinegar
    In Scotland it’s Salt and Sauce on the East coast , Salt and Vinegar on the West Coast...I’m not certain about the NE of Scotland but be sure to budget for a deep fried Mars Bar in those shipping costs! 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15276
    In that case, it would have to be Arbroath smokies for me. ;) 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • martmart Frets: 5213
    mart said:
    Sadly the chipper changed hands .was leased out and went downhill so now OK if it is even open but there are better in the area!
    Oh no, that is bad news.

Still, saves me a long drive up to Inverbervie and back.