Heads Up massive private collection is being sold without reserve

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• martmart Frets: 5213
    Koa said:
    How much to have Inverbervie fish and chips packed and couriered to my door?
    I'll run a quote through Pack and Send. My estimate would be £263.78 if you want insurance and salt and vinegar
    In Scotland it’s Salt and Sauce on the East coast , Salt and Vinegar on the West Coast...I’m not certain about the NE of Scotland but be sure to budget for a deep fried Mars Bar in those shipping costs! 
    No, salt and sauce is just a southern thing that they only do around Edinburgh.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • In that case, it would have to be Arbroath smokies for me. ;) 
    They do a battered smokie at the Bell Rock apparently
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2451
    I guess if there's enough interest from tFB members we could club together and nominate someone to go along and bid on all of our behalves. Having said that the only one that floats my boat is the Eko.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25106
    mart said:
    Koa said:
    In Scotland it’s Salt and Sauce on the East coast , Salt and Vinegar on the West Coast...I’m not certain about the NE of Scotland but be sure to budget for a deep fried Mars Bar in those shipping costs! 
    No, salt and sauce is just a southern thing that they only do around Edinburgh.
    I had to look that up.  Sounds horrible.  And until now I really liked Edinburgh.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlin said:
    Other forums tale a dim view of spammers like this, likely wouldn’t get a second attempt. 
    I am not a spammer I posted this because I was interested and thought others may be!
    I have no interest in the outcome except that I want one of the low end acoustics.
    I have built instruments for over 35 years and tried to play for 60 but when you are old and wrinkly it is sometimes good to talk even via forums!
    You joined the forum yesterday and this is your first thread. Looks suspicious to me 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10389
    edited October 2020
    TheMarlin said:
    Other forums tale a dim view of spammers like this, likely wouldn’t get a second attempt. 
    I am not a spammer I posted this because I was interested and thought others may be!
    I have no interest in the outcome except that I want one of the low end acoustics.
    I have built instruments for over 35 years and tried to play for 60 but when you are old and wrinkly it is sometimes good to talk even via forums!
    You joined the forum yesterday and this is your first thread. Looks suspicious to me 
    Or, somebody just trying to put people who like guitars in touch with somebody who has some guitars to sell. Doesn't seem that under hand to me
    I'm scared and I'm waiting for life
  • steersteer Frets: 1233
    edited October 2020
    Why not just post the facebook link in the OP, instead of all these mysterious fluffy hints and promises that we will be "gobsmacked" at something amazingly rare and exotic. Hilights include Stagg, Encore, Vintage... s
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4972
    edited October 2020
    Philly_Q said:
    He was amazed to enter a small flat and find that the deceased had amassed a collection of nearly 50 guitars most in very good condition
    For an uncomfortable moment, reading that, I thought I had died.
    Nope, otherwise I'm sure you'd be hearing stairway to heaven and knockin on heavens door! 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 2136
    Just looks like far eastern tat to me. The Ric looks out of place amongst the rest so I'd be suspicious that that's genuine.

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

• I can't see anything wrong with the Rick' - and I spend half my life looking at them
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15275
    diap said:
    If he hadn't spent all that money on cheap tat, he might have been able to afford and play a decent guitar before he died.
    Uh-oh! Looks as if somebody has prematurely published the obituary for HarrySeven.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8122
    diap said:
    If he hadn't spent all that money on cheap tat, he might have been able to afford and play a decent guitar before he died.
    Uh-oh! Looks as if somebody has prematurely published the obituary for HarrySeven.

Wasn't sure whether to award a LOL or a Wiz, but I went with a Wiz. Genius. :)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I just got a quote from Pack & Send, out of idle curiosity really to see how much the packing and sending would be on top of what could be a low bid for something. For a 10kg guitar sized parcel....£194.62!!!!!
    I would have thought if someone was really keen on a hard cased guitar then Overland Express with their special insurance and a chat with a local  and perhaps an offer to cross their palm would solve the dilemma. :3 =)