Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Seriously deluded !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - SOLD - UPDATE

What's Hot

Comments

• A friend of mine who owned a guitar shop had a new Graffiti Yellow Strat Plus in stock for a ‘very’ long time. In the end, in an effort to shift it, he had it refinished in red. It sold quite quickly....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • There is one on gumtree. Same guitar, same year but in like a greeny blue for £1350. A starting price admittedly but you expect it to go for around £1200
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MikeSMikeS Frets: 2146
    Some dodgy bloke will likely be planning on reselling that as one of the Jeff Beck prototypes. I seem to recall reading about this years ago. Graffiti Yellow strat plus's being sought after because of this JB folklore and the belief that they have something special, which didn't really exist in the first place. It was an interesting read, but I can't remember where it was now. Anyway that' be what's going on here. Either that or a hardcore JB fan.

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15430
    tFB Trader
    MikeS said:
    Some dodgy bloke will likely be planning on reselling that as one of the Jeff Beck prototypes. I seem to recall reading about this years ago. Graffiti Yellow strat plus's being sought after because of this JB folklore and the belief that they have something special, which didn't really exist in the first place. It was an interesting read, but I can't remember where it was now. Anyway that' be what's going on here. Either that or a hardcore JB fan.
    https://xhefriguitars.com/page2.html - talked about quite a bit in here 
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2527
    My friend just sold his custom colour but far from mint original '68 Tele for £14000....world gone mad! 

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7349
    Didn't these often have multi part bodies? As in lots of bits if wood glued together and not just two or three? I remember playing these when I worked in guitar shops and they were pretty awful, but I suppose if you like yellow its something to hanker after.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74497
    stonevibe said:
    Didn't these often have multi part bodies? As in lots of bits if wood glued together and not just two or three?
    Not as early as that - that started in the early 90s. 80s ones are 3-piece normally.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7349
    ICBM said:
    stonevibe said:
    Didn't these often have multi part bodies? As in lots of bits if wood glued together and not just two or three?
    Not as early as that - that started in the early 90s. 80s ones are 3-piece normally.
    I've definitely played/owned a few that were more than three pieces from that era
    edited November 2020
    @guitars4you yes, that's it. I guess they're just collectable now. I tried some years ago to buy an early 90's JB strat, the ones with the big boat necks, and sadly found that most of the examples I came across were strat plus partscasters. 

In fact as we speak, there are 2 early 90's ones on Reverb being sold as Jeff Beck strats, with no mention of anything different, and I can assure you, they are both partscasters.

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 10104
    I personally think this has got £900 max written all over it, and thats with a strong wind...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    MikeS said:
    In fact as we speak, there are 2 early 90's ones on Reverb being sold as Jeff Beck strats, with no mention of anything different, and I can assure you, they are both partscasters.
    was curious to see them but can't find them on reverb - typed in Fender Jeff Beck Strat Yellow and no joy - Have you got a link
    edited November 2020
    @guitars4you ;;; I meant just early 90's JB strat's. There's no such thing as a yellow JB strat, Fender never made them. Only look a likey ones. Fender made a small number of Yellow ones for Jeff, but never released them to the public. That's why some folk are taking these Graffiti yellow strat pluses and turning them into Jeff Beck's, pretending they are prototypes. Only olympic, green, and purple, were made by Fender for the masses, but the early ones have boat necks, in fact I believe the necks are some of the fattest Fender have made.

• ronnybronnyb Frets: 1783
    I've collected strat plus's and watched prices for a few years now. Prices are creeping up, particularly for the rarest colours and the very early ones which that is. Graffiti yellow isn't the rarest colour but probably the most desirable and there are some fakes about. I wouldn't be surprised to see that selling for up to £2k including the fees.  
  • That's a "Scott Grove" type rare Guitar :)
    Don't get the Lol. Strat Plus in Graffiti Yellow is quite rare. That old trickster Scott has or had one.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25111
    MikeS said:
    @guitars4you ;;; I meant just early 90's JB strat's. There's no such thing as a yellow JB strat, Fender never made them. Only look a likey ones. Fender made a small number of Yellow ones for Jeff, but never released them to the public. That's why some folk are taking these Graffiti yellow strat pluses and turning them into Jeff Beck's, pretending they are prototypes. Only olympic, green, and purple, were made by Fender for the masses, but the early ones have boat necks, in fact I believe the necks are some of the fattest Fender have made.
    I've always wanted to try one of those early models with the legendarily fat neck.  It would probably turn out to be a bit of a non-event compared with a CS Nocaster neck.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25111
  • ronnybronnyb Frets: 1783
    Just out of interest, a graffiti yellow plus appeared on the facebook fender buying and selling group 2 or 3 months ago. It had several defects ie dings, neck pocket cracks etc the vendor asking £1200. It didn't interest me because of the defects but about a month afterwards i'm almost certain the same guitar is advertised on the moderator of that groups website for £1850. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    ronnyb said:
    Just out of interest, a graffiti yellow plus appeared on the facebook fender buying and selling group 2 or 3 months ago. It had several defects ie dings, neck pocket cracks etc the vendor asking £1200. It didn't interest me because of the defects but about a month afterwards i'm almost certain the same guitar is advertised on the moderator of that groups website for £1850. 
    hard to fully evaluate without seeing it in the flesh, but rarely are the neck pocket cracks actually a split in the wood - Common on many Fenders for a lacquer split in such areas, or coming out from various screw holes on the body