What Are You Listening To Now ?

What's Hot

Comments

• mo6020mo6020 Frets: 427
    This week i'm mostly listening to fellow Dorsetarian PJ Harvey. To quote someone else, her singing voice "is an ambassador for the libido", and her back catalogue is as good as or better than anyone who's been making music consistently for the past 30 years.

Here's an outrageous performance of Rid of Me (and some other stuff) from I think 2001?. "Lick my legs", indeed. Enjoy.

"Filthy appalachian goblin."

https://edmorgan.info
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3697

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CookiemonsterCookiemonster Frets: 888
    edited April 2023
    At the moment I’ve been listening to bluesy rock so have a bit of a thing for Rival Sons, Black Pistol Fire, Goodbye June(I think the singer sounds like Bon Scott)

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• joetelejoetele Frets: 957
    mo6020 said:
    This week i'm mostly listening to fellow Dorsetarian PJ Harvey. To quote someone else, her singing voice "is an ambassador for the libido", and her back catalogue is as good as or better than anyone who's been making music consistently for the past 30 years.

Here's an outrageous performance of Rid of Me (and some other stuff) from I think 2001?. "Lick my legs", indeed. Enjoy.

She's awesome. To Bring You My Love is one of my all time favourite albums, but the rest of her work is excellent too. I wasn't as much of a fan of Let England Shake onwards, but that's a matter of personal taste. Plus her gig at Bristol Academy during the Uh Huh Her tour was one of my top gigs alongside Fugazi in 2002 at the same venue, and And So I Watch You From Afar at the Cooler in Bristol in 2011. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10915
    mo6020 said:

I saw her on that Big Day Out tour, in Auckland. She was on just before Placebo. Memorable day. Me and my goth friends met Brian Molko on Queen St the day before, aptly named
    joetele said:
    I wasn't as much of a fan of Let England Shake onwards, but that's a matter of personal taste
    Let England Shake is my favourite album of hers. It was prescient given the jingoism and brexit bollocks that followed
  • paulcayepaulcaye Frets: 71
    Todays Album is John Squires - Time Changes Everything.   
  • thingthing Frets: 469
    Been listening to some Richard Hawley and a friend of mine, Jo Pace who was in a band called Hank Dogs.  Beautiful voice.
    This is absurd.  You don’t know what you’re talking about.  It warrants combat.
  • paulcaye said:
    Is that worth a listen ? 

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3344
    edited April 2023
    2009 Journey gig in Manila on Sky Arts.

Arnel Pineda and Deen Castronovo sung so well on this gig. Neal Schon had his moments, too, with some nice melodic soloing but got very messy with those fast flurries.
  • LitterickLitterick Frets: 672
    New Soft Machine track from the forthcoming album; John Etheridge on guitar.

• BtrcuBtrcu Frets: 99
    edited April 2023

• paulcaye said:
    Is that worth a listen ? 
    No

• bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 556
    Adam and the Ants  - B sides.  

Melody Gardot-Lover Undercover
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16373
    This has been in my head all morning so I’ve found it on YouTube. Classic 70s yacht rock, catchy as hell although actually from the 80s. 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 957
    For some reason, this. 

MUSIC: Pale Blurs
    This has been in my head all morning so I’ve found it on YouTube. Classic 70s yacht rock, catchy as hell although actually from the 80s. 

Ooer, lovely guitar tone. I'm betting that's a 335.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16373

Actually was 70s, my bad. 

thing said:

Ooer, lovely guitar tone. I'm betting that's a 335.
    Seems to have been Paul Chester on guitar although more known as a composer/ multi instrumentalist than as a session guitarist. It is lovely playing and sound . 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    Having a bit of a Melody morning.