What Are You Listening To Now ?

What's Hot
1656667686971»

Comments

• swillerswiller Frets: 1407
    Bill Hicks on rock and roll vs new kids on the block. 

Dont worry, be silly.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3962
    Come on then, Friday. Bring it on!

https://youtu.be/KVm8G0ipETc?si=vUrooQ4m-fp28Yu6
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12456
    Been listening to The La's BBC sessions recordings, If you think they were just "There she goes" then think again, you can see why Mavers rejected the album as crap, this stuff is so much better, almost like a completely different band. Proper Garage rock.

"OUR TOSSPOT"
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6167
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CaseOfAceCaseOfAce Frets: 1414
    edited June 14
    Lawyers, Guns and Money - Warren Zevon

It was played at the end of an Ozark episode and I'd never heard it before. 
    Particularly apt given Hunter Biden in the news this week.
    ...she's got Dickie Davies eyes...
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6167
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5125
    cbilly22 said:
    Trouble - Manic Frustration

I had this when it came out, along with the self titled record that came before it. Both produced by Ric Rubin I think.
    They were bloody amazing records, with fantastic songs and still one of the best guitar sounds I've ever heard.
    I'm on holiday so can't strum to check, but think it is C# tuning with flying Vs into JCM800s. Read a story somewhere that Metallica wanted their amp settings when they played with them, which is believable.

I know they fell out with Rubin and his Def American label so you couldn't get them for a bit, and that the singer died recently, but if you tastes include Sabbath,  or any of the rather boring retro bands out there mining the same sound, these guys wipe the floor with most of them. Full on 70s rock with a big doom influence and a some 60s flourishes.
    The reissues on hammerheart sound great. I have the originals on cd, tape and vinyl, but bought the reissues on all formats too. 
    A lot of of it is in e and d#. They just sound lower because the riffs are really heavy. Some friends and I did a tribute to Eric set at desertfest a couple of years back. 
    Rick plays the v most of the time, but Brice often plays an sg with p90. EQ and chorus pushing jmp 2203 heads originally but in recent years they have both been using jcm900s. 
  • stylesforfreestylesforfree Frets: 190
    swiller said:
    Bill Hicks on rock and roll vs new kids on the block. 

It's a shame he was into 15 year old girls.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16356
    I think I’ve mentioned Willow Smith in this Discussion before but I think David Bennet Piano is up to three videos about her song Symptom of Life and now Rick Beato has done one. Just the best song of 2024 for me. 
    This was her Tiny Desk concert. Bass goddess Mohini Dey and Liso Lee on guitar who is Gwen Stefani’s MD. Starts with Symptom of Life and is a bit more conventional thereafter but it’s a shit the bed good band and although I’d quite like to be petty and critical about Willow’s status as a nepo baby really she’s bloody good. 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Haiduk - Cyclone

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4067
    I've just been remembering how much I like this and how good a song it is.

David Gray, Sail Away

• mo6020mo6020 Frets: 423
    More Isbell...

"Filthy appalachian goblin."

https://edmorgan.info