What Are You Listening To Now ?

What's Hot

Comments

• OffsetOffset Frets: 12409
    Philly_Q said:
    Burn On The Bayou - A Heavy Underground Tribute to Creedence Clearwater Revival 

I would guess this probably won't appeal to actual Creedence fans, who may bemoan all the heavy-handed bludgeon, but if you like sloppy blues rock and stoner metal, this is pretty entertaining.

Just played a few sample tracks from this.  Absolutely right up my street.  Top spot @Philly_Q .
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23533
    Offset said:
    Philly_Q said:
    Burn On The Bayou - A Heavy Underground Tribute to Creedence Clearwater Revival 

I would guess this probably won't appeal to actual Creedence fans, who may bemoan all the heavy-handed bludgeon, but if you like sloppy blues rock and stoner metal, this is pretty entertaining.

Just played a few sample tracks from this.  Absolutely right up my street.  Top spot @Philly_Q .
    The fourth track, Gloomy by Cortez, is absolutely killer.  I need to listen to the rest of it a few more times to see which ones sink in.
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8085
    Curtis Mayfield (1971) Roots LP currently blasting out of my livingroom Hifi. 
    Spectacular album

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3108
    I'm listening to Geddy Lee's audio book and going through the albums in sequence as he talks about them. I particularly enjoyed the first album. I've always loved it but it still gets me excited after all these years.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3958
    A bit of rarer Damned for anyone who might be interested. Sensible singing. One of my old faves:

https://youtu.be/IMRCsutEiZM?si=nNgVN3CHvNMD5htp
    2024 is turning out to be my Judas Priest year.  New album, I saw them on tour, I'm reading Rob's and KK's autobiographies and right now I'm listening to some of the early albums.
    Are you breakin the fuckin law again @Philly_Q ;
    Deadman said:
    Are you breakin the fuckin law again @Philly_Q ;
    Oh yes.  Mentally, at least.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19304
    These days Rob Halford looks increasingly like Uncle Albert from Only Fools and Horses... mind you, I reckon we all do  ;)
  • supessupes Frets: 185
    Frank Marino and Mahogany Rush. I think they were most "popular" before i was born, but crikey me they sound great live and he can certainly play the hell out of his SG! Really enjoying them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Placidcasual79Placidcasual79 Frets: 995
    I was listening to Sandinista the other day and it sent me off on a sort of post punk percussive pre dance exploration..... taking in some ESG, Liquid Liquid and 23 Skidoo.... that sh*t is ahead of its time.....
  • cbilly22cbilly22 Frets: 361
    Trouble - Manic Frustration

I had this when it came out, along with the self titled record that came before it. Both produced by Ric Rubin I think.
    They were bloody amazing records, with fantastic songs and still one of the best guitar sounds I've ever heard.
    I'm on holiday so can't strum to check, but think it is C# tuning with flying Vs into JCM800s. Read a story somewhere that Metallica wanted their amp settings when they played with them, which is believable.

I know they fell out with Rubin and his Def American label so you couldn't get them for a bit, and that the singer died recently, but if you tastes include Sabbath,  or any of the rather boring retro bands out there mining the same sound, these guys wipe the floor with most of them. Full on 70s rock with a big doom influence and a some 60s flourishes.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6581
    Philly_Q said:
    2024 is turning out to be my Judas Priest year.  New album, I saw them on tour, I'm reading Rob's and KK's autobiographies and right now I'm listening to some of the early albums.
    I enjoyed Halford’s autobiography a lot, and listened to his second book on Audible and enjoyed it too. There’s one little bit in particular that had me in stitches for ages afterwards. 

• Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2249
    A bit cheesy maybe but I love the playing and the tones on this : .......

edited June 2
    Philly_Q said:
    I enjoyed Halford’s autobiography a lot, and listened to his second book on Audible and enjoyed it too. There’s one little bit in particular that had me in stitches for ages afterwards. 
    I'm reaching the end of K.K.'s book now.  Quite interesting to read two different perspectives on the same events.  I hadn't really considered buying Rob's second book but I'll look into it.
  • swillerswiller Frets: 1389
    Oooff, yes. Takes me back.
    Dont worry, be silly.
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 956
    Thou's new album. 

MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • strumjoughlampsstrumjoughlamps Frets: 3349
    Listening to my 2024 playlist which currently only has 8 songs.. quality over quantity I guess.. Angelica Garcia is my fave song on thus far.