Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What Turntable Do You Use To Play Your Records On ?

What's Hot
MudcrutchMudcrutch Frets: 323
I use one of these Linn LP12’s in black.

https://youtu.be/IdTIpKu-ewg

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1796
    LP12 here too
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    Mudcrutch said:

That's very nice. 

I picked up this Sansui turntable a couple of years ago, love it. Paired with Wharfdale Denton speakers. 

• vizviz Frets: 10694
    Kuzma. No frills!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • sweavesweave Frets: 65
    Linn Axis
  • KDSKDS Frets: 221
    Rega RP10
  • Gyrodec.
  • Fuengi said:
    Mudcrutch said:

That's very nice. 

I picked up this Sansui turntable a couple of years ago, love it. Paired with Wharfdale Denton speakers. 

I’m using a Samsun SR222 mk ii 
    Audio Technica AT95e
    It was given to me by a favourite uncle so comes with some very fond memories. 
    Only fairly recently got it set up and used regularly again. 
    Trying to limit my vinyl buying to new releases and have really enjoyed the whole experience. 
    Rediscovering the joy of reading album reviews before spending as opposed to the instant gratification of all to easy downloads / streaming. 
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    I wonder if old school Linn owners poo poo the speed control models and tout their old Mk1’s  as true Linns ? 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jdgmjdgm Frets: 852
    This, for about the last 45 years - I ought to get it serviced!
    Now using an Audio-Technica cartridge.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MudcrutchMudcrutch Frets: 323
    edited December 2020
    sweepy said:
    I wonder if old school Linn owners poo poo the speed control models and tout their old Mk1’s  as true Linns ? 
    I had a original in the mid 70s and the difference now is light years.
    Mine has been upgraded over the years to top spec with the Urika phono stage.
    Haven’tbothered with the Urika 2 digital phono stage and not going to.
    I haven’t had the new bearing fitted yet because of Covid.
    To be honest I’m not in any rush because I’ve got a Tiger Paw Tranquility fitted on mine and it sounds excellent.
    I need a new Kandid cartridge now though.
  • Nice! I had a Lenco 88 for years, a mechanical marvel. Then succumbed to the Linn LP12 bug, but got fed up with it not able to play 45's. Sold it and bought, and still use, a Technics SL1200 mk2 hotrodded with Rega arm and Isonoe feet. It's a terrific combination.
  • vizviz Frets: 10694
    edited December 2020
    Mudcrutch said:
    sweepy said:
    Mine has been upgraded over the years to top spec but without the digital phono stage and haven’t had the new bearing fitted yet because of Covid.
    To be honest I’m not in any rush because I’ve got a Tiger Paw Tranquility fitted on mine and it sounds excellent.

^ that’s a clever invention. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    edited December 2020
    Mudcrutch said:
    sweepy said:
    Mine has been upgraded over the years to top spec but without the digital phono stage and haven’t had the new bearing fitted yet because of Covid.
    I keep getting the vintage hifi itch, used to have a Leak Stereo 20 Radford SC2 Thorens TD150 with Hadcock/Grace setup and I remember all the fuss over turntables etc, it makes us guitar nerds seem relatively normal when put into perspective
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7864
    edited December 2020
    I’ve got five turntables, but my favourite is a homemade bitsa, based on a Rega footprint. 

It sounds fantastic. Chuffed to bits with it. 
    Components:
    Delrin friction free bearing, machined aluminium sub platter, 2kg Delrin platter, Audio Origami rebuilt Rega RB250 with silver rewire, upgrade bearing and VTA adjuster. Also using steel stub end and Iceni underslung counter weight. 

Cartridge is a Nagoaka MP500. 
    The motor is separated from the deck by an SRM Tech silent base, an it’s inky black silent between tracks. Zero rumble, zero background noise. 

I use it with a Schits Mani Pre amp, which in my experience is the best I’ve found for MM, despite it’s very reasonable pride point. 

Amps are NVA M600 Monoblocks, NVA P90SA pre amp, and I used a few different sets of Tannoy Dual Conventric speakers, depending on how the mood takes me. 

All cables and interconnects are NVA. 

Delighted with it all. 

Marlin 

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1480
    I've got an 80's LP12 that's been upgraded many tomes though the years and has a 45 rpm option on it too.  I also have an old Thorens TD150 that's had the Linn parts fitted to upgrade it though the years and is in my original Linn plinth..  Both of them have Linn Ittok arms on them.  
  • MudcrutchMudcrutch Frets: 323
    edited December 2020
    jdgm said:
    This, for about the last 45 years - I ought to get it serviced!
    Now using an Audio-Technica cartridge.

I’ve got a soft spot for the Garrard 401.
    A few friends have got them in some lovely custom built plinths with Naim Arrow arms.
    Paul McCartney has two built into a unit in his Sussex home.

• Fuengi said:
    Mudcrutch said:

That's very nice. 

I used to have a Sansui 101 amplifier in the very early 70s.
    It was a great little amp.
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2951

Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PhilKing said:
    I've got an 80's LP12 that's been upgraded many tomes though the years and has a 45 rpm option on it too.  I also have an old Thorens TD150 that's had the Linn parts fitted to upgrade it though the years and is in my original Linn plinth..  Both of them have Linn Ittok arms on them.  
    My only turntable is a TD150 Mk II that a friend gave me. I was aware that it was the one that Linn based the LP 12 on, and hence parts are compatible but haven't tried modding it at all. Is there anything that makes a significant, worthwhile improvement? 
  • PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1480
    The biggest thing was changing the plinth over and adding the Linn arm board, which lets you put a different arm.  The springs help too, but the other thing that I did was to use Soundrise Dome Isolation pads for the feet, to stop any vibration.  I also replaced the mat with a better rubber one (I use a cork one on my Linn), as I think id dampens things a bit more.