what tracks do you like from Bands you don't like?

What's Hot

Comments

• I hated Take that in the 90's, don't mind them now. Back for Good is a great song... Yeah rock on Barlow
    “Ken sent me.”
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • YellowLedBetterManYellowLedBetterMan Frets: 1185
    edited January 2021
    My mom is obsessed with the Osmond's. Think it comes with the territory of being a woman of her age.

After hating them my whole life, I have made exception for Love Me For a Reason. Good tune.

Also, I won't say I dislike her, rather am not a fan, but if you tell me that Joni Mitchell's Both Sides Now isn't one of the most beautifully written songs of all time I'll call you a liar.
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72306
    Ed Sheeran's new song actually isn't shit.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    WantedDead or Alive - Bon Jovi. 

One of my favourite things to play on the geetar :blush: 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22780
    Also, I won't say I dislike her, rather am not a fan, but if you tell me that Joni Mitchell's Both Sides Now isn't one of the most beautifully written songs of all time I'll call you a liar.

I've never listened to any of her albums, but the few songs I have heard I like.

I'm speaking from a position of very limited knowledge, but my impression, from all the decades I've been aware of her, is that she's one of those rare artists who's almost universally admired and respected and has never made a bad album*.

(* It'll probably turn out she went through a confused period in the late '80s and made some hideously misguided pop albums over-produced by Dave Stewart or someone, but if so it passed me by.) 

If I did listen to a whole album I probably would be bored - it's just not my kind of thing - but I'd like to think I'd at least be capable of appreciating it.

• RedlesterRedlester Frets: 1072
    Some Might Say by Oasis. I don't hate Oasis as such but nothing else really interests me by them, but that song has a decent chorus. 

• fobfob Frets: 1430

To be fair, I quite like a few DD songs now but they were probably the only band I really detested as a kid.
  • ewalewal Frets: 2583
    edited January 2021
    Sugababes - Freak Like Me

Inspired by the Nickelback debate, a band a have a disproportionate dislike for is Ocean Colour Scene - it goes back to when I first became aware of them, when they featured on a BBC2 show called SnubTV. The lead singer came across as a total arse.

ETA: This is said interview. Yep - he's an arse...

The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72306
    ewal said:

Inspired by the Nickelback debate, a band a have a disproportionate dislike for is Ocean Colour Scene - it goes back to when I first became aware of them, when they featured on a BBC2 show called SnubTV. The lead singer came across as a total arse.
    That was my experience too! It didn't help that there was also a quite shit local band who were around at the same time as a band I was in, who seemed to be trying to copy them... it took me a long time to get past that. I'd now put them in the 'won't actively turn off if they come on the radio' category, but not much more than that.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22780
    ewal said:

I think he's just a kid taking himself way too seriously.  He's probably grown out of it.  But maybe not.

I always quite liked Ocean Colour Scene, or what little I heard of them - nice to hear a pop/indie (or whatever they were) band with a lot of rock lead guitar.

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    This would be a huge list!! Just off the top of my head of things I listened to today:

Supersonic - Oasis
    The Scientist -Coldpaly
    Monkey Wrench - Foo Fighters
    Mistreated & Highway Star - Deep Purple
    Into the Arena - MSG
    Marblehead Johnson - The blue tones
    All the things she said - Tatu
    Take me to church - Hozier
    Bartender and the thief - Stereophonics

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Philly_Q said:
    ewal said:

I think he's just a kid taking himself way too seriously.  He's probably grown out of it.  But maybe not.

I always quite liked Ocean Colour Scene, or what little I heard of them - nice to hear a pop/indie (or whatever they were) band with a lot of rock lead guitar.

I saw Simon Fowler ( the alleged arse) about three years ago with his own band Merrymouth. I was waiting for him to be a bit rock star but he seemed content just to play guitar and sing. 
    He’s quite awkward in that interview but I’m not quite sure what there is to hang 29 years of dislike on. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Reptile - Periphery
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 886
    Tiny Dancer - Elton

Genuinely the only song I like by him.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5628
    There are a few tracks by Ozzy that I like a lot. The Randy era had a few gems, Crazy Train being and obvious favourite and A Shot in the Dark from the Jake E Lee period, but otherwise:

CANNOT. STAND. THE. MAN. 

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

• Zoolooter said:
    Tiny Dancer - Elton

mine's Rocket Man,  I don't like Elton John either
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Haych said:
    There are a few tracks by Ozzy that I like a lot. The Randy era had a few gems, Crazy Train being and obvious favourite and A Shot in the Dark from the Jake E Lee period, but otherwise:

CANNOT. STAND. THE. MAN. 
    So self indulgent as well. I heard he’s bought a tiny treadmill for his pet rabbit. It’s a little fit bunny. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2412
    Zoolooter said:
    Tiny Dancer - Elton

mine's Rocket Man,  I don't like Elton John either

I'm also in the "there's only one good Elton John song" camp except the one I like is Daniel.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24801
    If I Ever Lose My Faith in You - Sting
  • There are people that don't like Elton  :#
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom