Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

what tracks do you like from Bands you don't like?

What's Hot

Comments

• JotaJota Frets: 465
    There are people that don't like Elton  :#

Or Sting!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5002
    There are people that like Sting?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JotaJota Frets: 465
    Reverend said:

<reported>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72413
    Reverend said:
    There are people who like Sting's music. It's not the same thing.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LogieLogie Frets: 443
    Symphony of Destruction by Megadeth. Absolutely love the song and made me want to listen to their albums to see what I was missing but I'm afraid other than that one they're like listening to a car being driven down a dirt road. Not my bag.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I recently came to the conclusion that I don't like the Smashing Pumpkins. I did really try... but I don't like Billy Corgan's voice or his guitar playing really.

That said, I do still like the first song of theirs I ever heard, which made me think I should - Disarm.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22941
    ICBM said:
    I recently came to the conclusion that I don't like the Smashing Pumpkins. I did really try... but I don't like Billy Corgan's voice or his guitar playing really.

I don't like them either, but it was a gradual process for me.  I first bought Siamese Dream, which I thought was extraordinary and played to death, then I went back and got Gish, and loved that too.

Then they did Melon Collie... and, I think, stretched themselves far too thin (just like Guns N' Roses and RHCP on their own bloated double albums).  It was only then that Billy's whiny voice and irritating song structures started to grate on me.  I bought the next few albums but didn't like them - Zeitgeist, in its oversized packaging, is still sealed, I couldn't even motivate myself to listen to it.

I think I would still like the first two albums but it's one of those cases where dislike of the later material has put me off listening to the early stuff as well.

edited February 2021
    Philly_Q said:

I think I would still like the first two albums but it's one of those cases where dislike of the later material has put me off listening to the early stuff as well.
    I think I would agree with that.

Actually... I did try listening to Siamese Dream again. Better than I remembered.

Just reminded by the radio now...

Manic Street Preachers - Motorcycle Emptiness

• RustySpannerRustySpanner Frets: 553
    edited March 2021
    Hmm,

Battle Hymn - Manowar. Funny, innit?
    Ray of Light - Madonna. 
    Rio - Duran Duran. 
    Where is the love? - Black Eyes Peas. 
    Stainsby Girls - Chris Rea (Don't dislike him, just not heard anything else anywhere near as good).
    Blaze of Glory - Bon Jovi. 
    Talk Dirty To Me - Poison. 
    Rescue Me - Y&T. 

There's probably a Metallica track I like but nothing springs to mind atm....
  • LitterickLitterick Frets: 640
    ICBM said:

That said, I do still like the first song of theirs I ever heard, which made me think I should - Disarm.
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    She’s the One, which I thought was by Robbie Williams and so always felt very uneasy about liking because I cannot stand the guy. However I’ve just found out it’s a cover of a World Party song so feel a bit happier - will go and listen to the original shortly.

Other ones -

Local boy in the photograph - Stereophonics
    More than Words - Extreme
    Always - Bon Jovi
    Say Hello Wave Goodbye - Soft Cell

Litterick said:
    ICBM said:
    Smashing Pumpkins
    In the end I've decided to just keep Rotten Apples, the singles album... pretty much all the good ones are on that.

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14457
    Awful and Best Sunday Dress by Hole. The rest of their output is, indeed, awful - even when Melissa Auf der Maur plays on it.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel - Make Me Smile (Come Up And See Me). Work of genius... everything else is awful.

Al Stewart - Year Of The Cat. Ditto.

ICBM said:
    Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel - Make Me Smile (Come Up And See Me). Work of genius... everything else is awful.

Al Stewart - Year Of The Cat. Ditto.
    I think they're the only songs I've heard by Steve Harley or Al Stewart.
    Philly_Q said:

Lucky you. There is a reason for that :).

Avoid buying a Greatest Hits album to see how good the rest of their stuff is ;).

ICBM said:
    Philly_Q said:

Lucky you. There is a reason for that :).

Avoid buying a Greatest Hits album to see how good the rest of their stuff is ;).
    It won't be difficult for me to avoid buying those greatest hits albums. ;)
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5645
    ICBM said:
    Meh, it’s ok. Mr Soft is better. But yeah, other than that everything else is awful. 

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

• vizviz Frets: 10699
    edited March 2021
    Zoolooter said:
    Tiny Dancer - Elton

Genuinely the only song I like by him.
    mine's Rocket Man,  I don't like Elton John either
    Your song. Beautiful. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.