Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

2021 Fretboard Running Club

What's Hot

Comments

• jonevejoneve Frets: 1506
    26.2 said:
    Progress update for April so far: 18 runs, 183K 

Christ!! Great distance.

Im slowly coming to the realisation that getting to 1000 miles this year, whilst juggling home life, work and trying not to push too much to steer clear of injuries, is going to be very, very difficult to achieve. And it’s taking the joy out of actually running. 

So I’m basically giving up, setting myself a target of 3/4 runs a week with at least one longer one (7 miles or more) and will see what happens. 

Birthday tomorrow which means I finally get to use my new ON Cloudflyers! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 7054
    26.2 said:
    That’s great work. Sounds like you approached it in exactly the right way - aim for a realistic pace and keep it consistent. Surprisingly hard to get right! Well done! 
    Brilliant, well done chap!
    BahHumbug said:
    Wow.  Well done.  My experience of halfs is always that I’m struggling at the end and really have to push just to keep moving.  You must have a really good base established.
    Thanks all - @BahHumbug I think any good base I have comes mainly from other training. I’ve done a fair bit of rowing and in the last year or so boxing training. I have also established a good 3 runs a week habit; usually a couple of 5s and a 7 over the last few months. 
    Previously known as stevebrum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 4154
    Got two 10km runs in this week, Tuesday and tonight.

My aim is to start doing 3 x 10km a week.
  • 26.226.2 Frets: 560
    Got two 10km runs in this week, Tuesday and tonight.

My aim is to start doing 3 x 10km a week.
    Nice work. Are you training for anything or just building a solid base?

ive got a the Kew Gdns 10 in 2 weeks. Should’ve been a marathon but the council pulled the rug on it. They’ve rescheduled to the same day as Brighton marathon in Sept which I’m already doing, so I’m gutted to miss the Richmond marathon after doing the last 3 (2017-19). But a weekend in Brighton with a bit of guitar shopping is too good to miss so I’ve deferred to 2022. I’m going to do Richmond Park marathon in late June, which is hilly and likely to be hot as well! All good fun. 
    @26.2 not really training for anything, just trying to be active. I’m
    signed up for the Manchester 10k in September so I’d like to be in good shape for that, and I’d like to do a half marathon at some point but I’ve not run that far yet!
    @26.2 not really training for anything, just trying to be active. I’m
    signed up for the Manchester 10k in September so I’d like to be in good shape for that, and I’d like to do a half marathon at some point but I’ve not run that far yet!
    Great - go for the half! 
    Well that’s April done! 

Total: 223K, 22 runs 
     4 runs of half marathon distance or above. Longest 27K. 

Endurance is improving and I’m getting my heart rate down into the fat burning zone on the longer ones which should help with not hitting the wall quite so early on the 30K plus runs. I need some faster work for the next couple of weeks before my 10K race. 

Hope everyone else has had a good month. Keep trundling! 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7490
    April summary

Total distance: 60.5k
    Total runs: 10
    Highlight: new 5k PB 28:03

Feel like I need to get some longer runs in to improve as pushing my speed is proving really difficult ..just need to work out how to actually fit that in. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2959
    Managed my first 10km last Saturday, while smashing my 5km PB.

Felt alright but the joints were getting sore!
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7490
    Bidley said:
    Managed my first 10km last Saturday, while smashing my 5km PB.

Felt alright but the joints were getting sore!
    nice one
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • April summary

Total distance: 163km
    Total runs: 15
    Highlight: my longest run ever (27.5km)
    Trading feedback | FS: Nothing just now
    JM build | Pedalboard plans
    My April...

51.2km
    8 runs

Slow start but happy to finish with two 10km runs this week.
    April Summary;

Total Distance: 50 miles (30 short of my original target :D
    Total runs: 11
    Highlight: was aiming for my first sub 40 min 5miler of the year but just missed it, but still pleased with under 41 mins as felt strong for a lot of the run. 

feel less stressed now I've adjusted my yearly target to something more realistic with the number of runs I'd like to do a week vs distance to try and prevent injury. 
    Great work everyone! 
  • BahHumbugBahHumbug Frets: 351
    April summary:

84k over 12 runs

Quite pleased to have racked up this distance while trying to be careful about the achilles problem that started last month.  Also quite pleased that the achilles problem has progressively improved and has pretty much gone.

I also think I might have discovered endorphins.  Not that I get any kind of euphoria when running, but I have started getting a bit down when I don't run :D

Todays run:  It looked rather grey out.  The weather forecast said "You'll be alright".  I got drenched.  That'll be one of those low confidence forecasts then :(
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    How’s everyone going? 

I had a decent week last week - 3 x 10K, a half and a 5K. Dropping the distance down this week in favour of intervals and I have a 10K race on Sunday.
    Struggling for any sort of speed at the moment, but probably just need a rest. 
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7411
    Just about getting back on the wagon after taking a bunch of time off through injury, house move then laziness. Fitness was shot to shit, but just about back to a decent 5k pace again where I don’t feel awful. Aim to be back to 10k’s before the month is out. 
    I have done 34km in 4 runs so far this month, quite happy with the start I’ve made as it’s much better than my previous months. Aiming for 100km this month and concentrating on distance rather than time for now.
    26.2 said:
    How’s everyone going? 

I had a decent week last week - 3 x 10K, a half and a 5K. Dropping the distance down this week in favour of intervals and I have a 10K race on Sunday.
    Struggling for any sort of speed at the moment, but probably just need a rest. 
    Absolutely fucking terrible. Only 4 miles so far this month. Need to find my mojo again. 

• BahHumbugBahHumbug Frets: 351
    It’s going ok for me.  I’ve been achieving my goal of 25k each week for the last 3 or 4 weeks.  If I can stay injury free, I’m hoping for 100k in May.