FM3 waitlist and pricing

What's Hot
WoodandwiresWoodandwires Frets: 195
I have just put my name on the Fractal waitlist after having done a shit load of research of what would best meet my home use needs. Does anyone know how long the wait time is? And now more importantly, given we are no longer members of the European Union what the likely import costs will be? Is it more cost effective, given the likely import costs to order direct from Fractal in the states. Any help or advice gratefully received.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6799
    edited January 2021
    Fractal won’t send to the UK from the states, G66 are the Uk distributors. There’s a thread on the Fractal forum that keeps a watch on the G66 waitlist length, G66 regularly post on there on current status.

Post 855 is current status

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm3-g66-availability.158423/
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1958
    edited January 2021
    I've done the same. I working on the assumption  that I'll be hit for UK duty + UK vat (albeit with unit shipped to me VAT free, plus increased an delivery charge. 

Take the G66 VAT free price and add 23% plus £12 customs handling + £25  postage.

Combine the above with the exchange rate variables and I'll make the final call once I get a "ready to ship" date.

Longer term I think Fractal will have to sell through distribution in UK to UK market, the duty + VAT + import shenanigans will hinder their sales via G66.
    Postage to the UK has always been free when Ive purchased from G66- has that changed now?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    edited January 2021
    mrkb said:
    Postage to the UK has always been free when Ive purchased from G66- has that changed now?
    Yes it was, when we were in EU. Now its an international shipment with customs clearance I doubt that'll be the case. There's quite a few stories circulating about UK / EU postage rates that were  £15 last year now costing £40.

G66 list shipping rates for Norway and Switzerland, I expect UK to be similar once they update their website to reflect new status of UK.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10206
    I put my name down in Feb for the headphone version, my number came up in October, received it in December. Although I did buy a used non headphone one before which is now sold. I still think it’s a few months wait, probably increasing now due to the border farce. 
  • I went on the list in September and got the email 2 weeks ago saying units would be shipping the second half of January.

I’d already bought a non-headphone version in the meantime which I’ve toy’d with selling. However having spent a bit more time with it I may end up keeping it.

Not sure how the pricing will work now for new units from G66.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    So that’s still a 5 month wait. Wow. 
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9532
    The service from Sussi at G66 is mind blowing... my name came up in Sept, but I didnt have the funds. 

Contacted her Christmas Eve (!!), not expecting a response and she got back to me several times over Christmas. Ordered and delivered in 3 days post free.

Arrived with a personal letter, and a t shirt and some chocolate!

Oh, and the unit is a bit special too.

Full review to follow.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    They only started fulfilling the 18 month backlog of orders in September, so there was a long delay for people’s who had joined the list in the last year. Anyone going on the list now will only have to wait a month or two (if there’s no further import delays). I didn’t buy one in the end, got a AxefxIII instead as the FM3 was too limited for my needs.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • Hi I agree the response from Sussi is great, I registered on the waiting list two days ago. I have had two email responses so far, the last one said one to two months delivery time and more importantly the price delivered would be the same at €1266 but obviously that remains to be seen because of VAT and customs etc. I am very impressed so far
    Hi I agree the response from Sussi is great, I registered on the waiting list two days ago. I have had two email responses so far, the last one said one to two months delivery time and more importantly the price delivered would be the same at €1266 but obviously that remains to be seen because of VAT and customs etc. I am very impressed so far
    The €1266 price is not correct. They should quote you the €1067 price which is without German VAT. If you look more closely at G66 trading statements on their site they do say how they deal with non EU / Non Customs Union countries e.g Norway / Switzerland.

However, I’m more concerned that you’re being given preferential treatment....I’ve only received a single auto response from them on 29th Dec :)
    Arrived with a personal letter, and a t shirt and some chocolate!
    Sent me a nutty one. I’m allergic to nuts. Was looking forward to that as much as the unit!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Just had an update from G66 stating mid Feb
  • Yea I had the same message
  • kennedydream1980kennedydream1980 Frets: 1156
    edited January 2021
    I went on the list in September and got the email 2 weeks ago saying units would be shipping the second half of January.

I’d already bought a non-headphone version in the meantime which I’ve toy’d with selling. However having spent a bit more time with it I may end up keeping it.

So I received the email telling me my FM3 is ready to ship. I’ve also had the payment request,  so for anyone curious this is how it has been described to me. G66 require me to pay 1031.95 euros to them direct. This can be done via bank transfer, Over the phone via credit/debit card or PayPal. 

When shipping to Great Britain G66 don’t charge any VAT, the 20% VAT will be charged by UPS when they deliver the parcel. G66 have given me a 3% discount to make sure I won’t be paying more than I would have done before Brexit and they are taking care of the customs documents etc.
    I went on the list in September and got the email 2 weeks ago saying units would be shipping the second half of January.

So I received the email telling me my FM3 is ready to ship. I’ve also had the payment request,  so for anyone curious this is how it has been described to me. G66 require me to pay 1031.95 euros to them direct. This can be done via bank transfer, Over the phone via credit/debit card or PayPal. 

When shipping to Great Britain G66 don’t charge any VAT, the 20% VAT will be charged by UPS when they deliver the parcel. G66 have given me a 3% discount to make sure I won’t be paying more than I would have done before Brexit and they are taking care of the customs documents etc.
    Yes, this is what they are stating on their website with respect to post Brexit arrangements.

I bought an FC-6 from them this morning (I'm on the wait list for FM3 - expected to ship next month at some point) so I thought I'd bag the FC6 in advance as it was there.

This is via the web site shopping basket which does default to "pay in advance" but allows you to change to other options e.g. PayPal / Credit Card via PayPal. I did the Paypal option - got the VAT Free Price.

Sussi then contacted me to state that the process hadn't worked - I hadn't received the 3% discount - so she gave me that back via PP transfer there and then.

They use UPS - will be interesting to see how the UK VAT request is handled - I'm assuming it will be via email notification etc.

• exocet said:

Yes, this is what they are stating on their website with respect to post Brexit arrangements.

I bought an FC-6 from them this morning (I'm on the wait list for FM3 - expected to ship next month at some point) so I thought I'd bag the FC6 in advance as it was there.

This is via the web site shopping basket which does default to "pay in advance" but allows you to change to other options e.g. PayPal / Credit Card via PayPal. I did the Paypal option - got the VAT Free Price.

Sussi then contacted me to state that the process hadn't worked - I hadn't received the 3% discount - so she gave me that back via PP transfer there and then.

They use UPS - will be interesting to see how the UK VAT request is handled - I'm assuming it will be via email notification etc.

I’ll let you know how the VAT request works once I get the notification. I imagine UPS will email me once the collection has been booked by G66.

Didn’t you just sell a FM3 mate ?

You must be missing it a lot :)

I must say I’m delighted with mine 
  • I went on the list in September and got the email 2 weeks ago saying units would be shipping the second half of January.

Non-headphone version Waz.

I was on the wait list anyway and after another disaster with a Revv G20 amp I decided to go back to the FM3 :-)

Non-headphone version Waz.

I was on the wait list anyway and after another disaster with a Revv G20 amp I decided to go back to the FM3 :-)

I don’t blame you Stephen.... it was your for sale thread that inspired me. So thank you !

Its the best modeller I’ve used, and I’ve just landed a used FC6 :)