FM3 waitlist and pricing

What's Hot

Comments

• ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    I am in love with Sussi.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I went on the list in September and got the email 2 weeks ago saying units would be shipping the second half of January.

I’d already bought a non-headphone version in the meantime which I’ve toy’d with selling. However having spent a bit more time with it I may end up keeping it.

Not sure how the pricing will work now for new units from G66.
    So I received the email telling me my FM3 is ready to ship. I’ve also had the payment request,  so for anyone curious this is how it has been described to me. G66 require me to pay 1031.95 euros to them direct. This can be done via bank transfer, Over the phone via credit/debit card or PayPal. 

When shipping to Great Britain G66 don’t charge any VAT, the 20% VAT will be charged by UPS when they deliver the parcel. G66 have given me a 3% discount to make sure I won’t be paying more than I would have done before Brexit and they are taking care of the customs documents etc.
    Didn’t you just sell a FM3 mate ?

You must be missing it a lot :)

I must say I’m delighted with mine 
    Non-headphone version Waz.

I was on the wait list anyway and after another disaster with a Revv G20 amp I decided to go back to the FM3 :-)

I don’t blame you Stephen.... it was your for sale thread that inspired me. So thank you !

Its the best modeller I’ve used, and I’ve just landed a used FC6 :)
    I couldn’t stretch to the FC6, so I’ve gone for the Blackstar live logic midi foot controller.
  • DavusPGDavusPG Frets: 452
    +1 For stellar service from G66 on all the Fractal products I've ever bought - they even transferred the remainder of the warranty over to me when I bought Waz's AX8 a few years back. On that note, the 3 years warranty included in the G66 pricing still makes buying from them the best option in my opinion, even if Brexit has complicated things.
  • So my FM3 was shipped on the 26th Jan. It has only just cleared customs. I received an email from UPS requesting the ‘import fees’ as they called it.

The amount was £191.39 which I paid through the provided link on the email. I paid using PayPal. 

I guess there is a slim chance it may get delivered to me Friday. Here’s hoping anyway.
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1983
    So my FM3 was shipped on the 26th Jan. It has only just cleared customs. I received an email from UPS requesting the ‘import fees’ as they called it.

The amount was £191.39 which I paid through the provided link on the email. I paid using PayPal. 

I guess there is a slim chance it may get delivered to me Friday. Here’s hoping anyway.
    Unlikely...

My FC6 was despatched last week on Monday. By Weds I received the demand for VAT which I paid immediately. Its been stuck in Germany ever since. G66 have emailed me twice this week to apologise (not that I've complained). They say that UPS can't give any useful  update, its a bit of a mess really.
    edited February 2021
    Slightly random in a thread about a guitar processor, but I ordered a pair of trousers from Hugo Boss on 26th December. They were dispatched from Germany via UPS and eventually arrived yesterday. As a fellow Fractal/FC user I hope your FC6's journey is swifter than my trousers - which to top it off didn't fit  :/
  • I noticed on Interparcel.com there is a statement saying UPS aren’t accepting anymore parcels until the backlog is cleared. So they must be really behind with processing deliveries.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10387
    Mines stuck in bloody Essex due to Brexit!
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1831
    I've just bought an FC6 from G66 too - their service in all fairness is 2nd to none - Sussi is so easy to deal with.

she has already pre-warned me about the delays and I completely understand its not their fault
  • welshboyo said:
    I've just bought an FC6 from G66 too - their service in all fairness is 2nd to none - Sussi is so easy to deal with.

she has already pre-warned me about the delays and I completely understand its not their fault
    Yep, her comms are second to none, she has kept me updated at every step of the process. 
    welshboyo said:

Have you upgraded from the AX8 to the FM3?
    DavusPG said:
    welshboyo said:

Have you upgraded from the AX8 to the FM3?
    I have yes...well, nearly, FM3 should be here Monday hopefully 
  • kennedydream1980kennedydream1980 Frets: 1165
    edited February 2021
    My FM3 was delivered today!! Yippeee 

It was shipped by G66 on the 26th Jan, so just over 2 weeks for it to arrive.
  • BDJohnstonBDJohnston Frets: 18
    edited February 2021
    My FM3 was delivered today!! Yippeee 

It was shipped by G66 on the 26th Jan, so just over 2 weeks for it to arrive.
    My recommendation is to look up tone building demos by Leon Todd (YouTube). He has GREAT tips that a subtle, but makes the tone more amp-like and also works in a mix better. On its own, it can sound great, but with the tweaking recommended by Todd (I suspect others) it's like day and night.

FOR EXAMPLE: This is my latest 'creation' based on some Todd recommendations. Keep in mind that I'm using a Majesty guitar and your guitar/pickups may be a bit darker or brighter (slight EQ tweaking likely is all you need)... upload and compare to the stock presets and you will get what I'm getting at. Most of the ambient stuff is good as is, the cleans will need a bit of tweaking to make them sound more alive, and it's even more true of the higher-gain stuff. Preset link:

https://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=8610

Cooper Carter is a well-known tone junky, in the best sense, and has a FM3 'course' for $99 USD that goes from the basics to the advanced. I haven't done it, but I hear good things.
  • I’ve been subscribed to Leon’s YouTube channel for some time now as I’ve previously owned an AX8, also this is my 2nd FM3 (1st one was non-headphone).

I have my go to amps and IR’s when using the fractal stuff so I’ll be up and running in no time.
  • I’ve been subscribed to Leon’s YouTube channel for some time now as I’ve previously owned an AX8, also this is my 2nd FM3 (1st one was non-headphone).

I have my go to amps and IR’s when using the fractal stuff so I’ll be up and running in no time.
    Sorry... I read through the posts, but didn't memorize (remember) all the user names, or that you were the one with a previous model. You likely know it far better than I. :-)

Anybody else on here ordered from G66 in the last few weeks and their order has just disappeared into the ether as far as UPS is concerned? 

Ordered very early Feb, last UPS update was 10th....

Sussi is keeping an eye on it but has said I just have to wait due to weather and Brexit delays. Just seems a little bit too long now...
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1983
    edited February 2021
    I ordered an FM3 yesterday but previously ordered an FC6 a month ago.

The FC6 process started out smoothly (received notification via email from UPS that charges were due, I paid them straight away), I received a delivery date which was a few days later.....and then everything just ground to a halt. The UPS status just began displaying "delivery delayed due to Brexit issues"...everyday.

G66 were in regular contact with me but they had to confess that UPS were not able to give any useful information to anyone.

After a further 2 weeks, I got notification from G66 that things were moving and that I'd be receiving my delivery shortly. 

In total, the delay was just under 3 weeks.

exocet said:

The FC6 process started out smoothly (received notification via email from UPS that charges were due, I paid them straight away), I received a delivery date which was a few days later.....and then everything just ground to a halt. The UPS status just began displaying "delivery delayed due to Brexit issues"...everyday.

G66 were in regular contact with me but they had to confess that UPS were not able to give any useful information to anyone.

After a further 2 weeks, I got notification from G66 that things were moving and that I'd be receiving my delivery shortly. 

Hmm, ok, same here but the 3 weeks is up today..I feel bad for hassling G66 about it as it’s not their fault but I think I might start applying a little bit of pressure.
  • welshboyo said:
    exocet said:

Hmm, ok, same here but the 3 weeks is up today..I feel bad for hassling G66 about it as it’s not their fault but I think I might start applying a little bit of pressure.
    It’s just a waiting game I’m afraid. UPS are seriously backed up and experiencing major delays getting parcels into the UK due to the extra paperwork involved.