FM3 waitlist and pricing

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6810
    edited February 2021
    FM3 has about 1/4 of the cpu power of Axefx3 (but can still run one amp, one cab and the excellent reverb with a few effects). Will probably be slightly behind on firmware updates (and may not get full amp improvements due to cpu limits). Only has 2 inputs and outputs (AxeFX has 4).

https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=Comparing_the_FM3_to_the_Axe-Fx_III
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    @mrkb   Thanks for that.  It’s a big chunk of change and I’m pretty happy with my Helix, will have some thinking to do :)
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10209
    You can run loads of stuff using channels. I’ve not found it restrictive at all to be honest. But I have never bothered with huge chains of amps. 
  • My FM3 arrived today, excellent service kept fully informed by UPS probably about six updates along the process, mirrored by the ever excellent Sussi’ updates. This is the benchmark that all post brexit  customer experiences should follow. Sadly I have not had time to try it yet, as I have been in meetings since three and I am back up for work at four thirty. Only negative is the included t shirt probably won’t fit, but that’s more down to me than them!
    Lucky. I had the worst courier experience of my life with UPS. Enjoy your FM3. It’s amazing. 
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1958
    Mine arrived today as well. 
    Yay!
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1815
    My FC6 arrived last Friday - exactly a month from ordering..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Looks like things are improving with UPS from Germany (G66)

I'm a glutton for punishment so placed an order on 16th March for a Redsound MF10 FRFR monitor.

It's now in the UK - delivery scheduled for Tuesday 23rd.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DavusPGDavusPG Frets: 451
    exocet said:

I'm a glutton for punishment so placed an order on 16th March for a Redsound MF10 FRFR monitor.

You won't be disappointed!

Getting a RedSound was the final piece of the jigsaw for me with the AxeFx3. If I could just stop buying guitars I'd be GAS free
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    edited March 2021
    I still can't see why we can't buy direct from Fractal now, we miss all the blowout deals and special offers, save at least £500 on and Fx3
    edited March 2021
    sweepy said:
    I still can't see why we can't buy direct from Fractal now, we miss all the blowout deals and special offers, save at least £500 on and Fx3
    Because Fractal and the owner of G66 did a deal years ago for G66 to have exclusivity in Europe.
    At face value, we end up paying more but G66 offer great service / extended warranties (enshrined under EU consumer legislation) that don't apply in U.S.

I can see Brexit changes putting a certain amount of pressure on that relationship but in reality, UK market is small compared to EU Single Market so providing that G66 keep selling units under current ownership, I doubt things will change any time soon. Also bear in mind that UK VAT is higher than US Sales Tax so the price you would pay retail in UK would not be the U.S ticket price.
  • ZappleZapple Frets: 83
    exocet said:

Let us know what it’s like? I got an FM3 a couple of weeks ago. Blown away. Sold the helix today! Starting to think about live later this year. I was running the helix into an amp. But now looking a FRFR options!
    edited March 2021
    Zapple said:
    exocet said:

Let us know what it’s like? I got an FM3 a couple of weeks ago. Blown away. Sold the helix today! Starting to think about live later this year. I was running the helix into an amp. But now looking a FRFR options!
    I already have a larger Redsound LG12 which sounds great. I was intrigued by MF10 - plan to run it stereo with LG12 but it its really good, I'll buy the matching unit and sell the LG12 to save some space.